Ag Center/The Cow Palace/The Barn

csemary

What are your opinions about the venue for the states championships? Positive or Negative.

Overall- I like the seating and parking much better. Concessions are better. Location is good.

Individuals- The atmosphere is not as good as Chattanooga.

Duals- Much better than when it was in Clarksville!

Although I hope they continue to make improvements and for the price(free) its hard to beat.

I also like the new nickname "The Cow Palace". Sounds better than the Roundhouse.

I liked it – and I’m from Chattanooga. There were plenty of comfortable seats at the ‘Cow Palace’, and the lighting was adequate. I was able to get close enough to the mats that I was interested in. Concessions were friendly with fair prices. The only negative I found was the dips and lumps under the mats. The announcers were terrific and the PA system was clear enough. The tournament was run professionally. And with eleven mats, the individuals state tournament will go faster. The concessions at UTC were very poor.

Didn't make the Duals, but I'll be there next week. The main objection I have is (remembering from last year) that hosting a State Tournament on a dirt floor seems demeaning to the sport and those who work so hard to get there. Could you imagine how basketball coaches around the state would react if they had to play on the same surface our wrestlers have to put up with. I think it's bush, just to save some bucks. The State ought to be a 1st class set-up and we have a rodeo arena. For the Duals, it might be semi-acceptable, but not the season finale. IMO

I liked it – and I’m from Chattanooga. There were plenty of comfortable seats at the ‘Cow Palace’, and the lighting was adequate. I was able to get close enough to the mats that I was interested in. Concessions were friendly with fair prices. The only negative I found was the dips and lumps under the mats. The announcers were terrific and the PA system was clear enough. The tournament was run professionally. And with eleven mats, the individuals state tournament will go faster. The concessions at UTC were very poor.

I was told at the duals there would 14 mats for the individuals. Is this not true ?

I hope they add more mats you can easly get another 4 mats in there and not complaining about the announcer talking about alot of matches going on cause I know he wanted to keep it exciting for fans but I would suggest take a couple more seconds and makes sure he has the wrestlers and the teams correct I noticed in d2 matches alot of matches were not the right teams he called and wrestlers but overall the duals tourney was alot of fun to watch I was hoping the Bradley soddy match would have been alot closer like the cbhs Baylor one very exciting weekend coming up for the state tourney

I give the Ag Center an A.

I am not sure how the mats were but it seemed not to bother any of the wrestlers.

I was told by Cow Palace folks that last year they had a cutting event the week before the state tournaments and the ground underneath the tarp felt rough. They did not have that event this year and the ground seems a lot smoother.

Cow Palace...dirt floor...kept waiting for some who complained about officiating to say it was the venue's fault.

Everything I saw was done well by the hosts, from parking to concessions to competition area. Hate to see "my tax dollars" given away most of the time, but I'll support this decision every day. And by the way, I was only an observer, and have no connection to the organizers.

Glad so many did enjoy the trip. Hope y'all come back to see us, ya hear?

Cow Palace...dirt floor...kept waiting for some who complained about officiating to say it was the venue's fault.

Everything I saw was done well by the hosts, from parking to concessions to competition area. Hate to see "my tax dollars" given away most of the time, but I'll support this decision every day. And by the way, I was only an observer, and have no connection to the organizers.

Glad so many did enjoy the trip. Hope y'all come back to see us, ya hear?

The "tax dollars" used to fund the Cow Palace come from the 18% hotel/motel tax... the folks staying in hotels like Soddy, Bradley, Science Hill, The Brothers, McCallie, and their fans, etc. It is a wise business decision on the part of Williamson County to get the building in use.

Also, Coach Blair and his crew do an outstanding job hosting.