Chatt Area Preseason rankings

BlackMetallic

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bledsoe likely took the 7-AA regular season district 3-1 over Sequatchie. Neither team lit it up at the plate, 6 hits to 4, but it was enough. Bledsoe scored one run in the first, second, and third innings. Sequatchie got a late unearned run.

Top of the first, Sequatchie's Moffitt doubled but was stranded. Bottom of the first Ritchie led off with a double, and after a single scored on a stolen base when the throw back to home was just a bit late apparently.

Second inning for Bledsoe, Fugate leads off with a solo home run, 2-0. Third inning, one more run for Bledsoe. Ritchie walked, later scores on a single by Saunders.

Sequatchie missed a good scoring chance in the fourth. Carlton singled, Dagnan is on at first when her pop is mishandled. No outs but Bledsoe got out of it, a bunt was popped up, fielder's choice at third then a pretty good hit ball was caught in right.

Seq finally got on the scoreboard in the sixth, helped by another Bledsoe error. Moffitt singled and Carlton doubled, another popup by Dagnan was again dropped, this time deep enough to score a run. No outs, 2 on but Ritchie came back with three straight strikeouts to good hitters.

Sequatchie had four hits, two each by Carlton and Moffitt who got her average back over .500 by going 2-3. She was also 3-3 in the jv game (freshman) and pitched a one-hitter in that win. I believe Saunders had 2 hits for Bledsoe and 4 others had a hit apiece. Bledsoe had 3 errors, Sequatchie had none and had good plays from several girls to prevent runners from getting on. Sequatchie had six batters strike out, I don't think that's an unacceptable total against a good pitcher, but three came in the situation mentioned. There were some solid hit balls, 2 to the fence by Mitchell and 1 by Moffitt but not far enough.

Both teams still have to play out their district schedules but I don't see any of the other 3 teams slipping into one of the top 2 spots, in the season or in the tournament. Either team could still come out on top in the tournament, last year Sequatchie won both regular season games and Bledsoe won the tournament.

65 more to go "nosey"

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2011/apr/15/lady-mustangs-run-5-1-win/?sportspreps

Walker Valley got the season sweep over Ooltewah, after being upset by McMinn.

Baylor had another big day at the plate, vs Boyd-Buchanan-14 runs with a HR and 4 RBI from Andrus, plus four other extra base hits. They allowed too much, 11 runs, 12 hits, with Boyd's Williamson going 4-5 with 3 doubles.

Grace got past Silverdale 1-0 in a big Class A game.

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2011/apr/15/lady-mustangs-run-5-1-win/?sportspreps

Walker Valley got the season sweep over Ooltewah, after being upset by McMinn.

Baylor had another big day at the plate, vs Boyd-Buchanan-14 runs with a HR and 4 RBI from Andrus, plus four other extra base hits. They allowed too much, 11 runs, 12 hits, with Boyd's Williamson going 4-5 with 3 doubles.

Grace got past Silverdale 1-0 in a big Class A game.

64 more to go "nosey"

Just stating the facts Mr Ooltewah, lol. You don't know Chris, He and his wife actually have had another child and he is persuing other educational possitions.

Do you ever actually read the crap you write? Thank you for making me laugh today!

Thanks tnsoftball and Indian. Everyone that knows me knows I left to spend more time with my family and it was one of the hardest things I have ever done. I miss the kids and the game more than anyone can imagine. However, my beautiful wife and my wonderful kids needed to come first. His lies are done for the season unless he comes back under a new name. I left the new coach with plenty of great players and several more coming up from my middle school team next year. Keep up the good work ladies.

My darkhorse came through :roflol: I have not seen many results on them this year at all and their record was listed at 6-10 so they must have been struggling until the tournament. Good time to start playing better.

I wish Sequatchie had gotten into that tournament but the prom was Friday. It was last year also and Seq started pool play Saturday morning but it was tough on the players to do so.

I still have SD as first in the Chattanooga area and the state tournament favorite (not exactly going out on a limb with that pick). You can't use one tournament result vs a season full of wins. Same for still having WV ranked over Ooltewah even though winning that tournament was impressive.

Central still has the bats and their 9th grade pitcher has done well but if Willard is out that is a major blow (reported in the paper).

1-Soddy Daisy 2-Grace 3-Baylor 4-Central 5-Walker Valley 6-Ooltewah 7-Marion County 8-GPS 9-Bledsoe County 10-Sequatchie County

Honorable mentions, Boyd-Buchanan, Silverdale, CSAS

Edited by Indian

My darkhorse came through :roflol: I have not seen many results on them this year and all and their record was listed at 6-10 so they must have been struggling until the tournament. Good time to start playing better.

I wish Sequatchie had gotten into that tournament but the prom was Friday. It was last year also and Seq started pool play Saturday morning but it was tough on the players to do so.

I still have SD as first in the Chattanooga area and the state tournament favorite (not exactly going out on a limb with that pick). You can't use one tournament result vs a season full of wins. Same for still having WV ranked over Ooltewah even though winning that tournament was impressive.

Central still has the bats and their 9th grade pitcher has done well but if Willard is out that is a major blow (reported in the paper).

1-Soddy Daisy 2-Grace 3-Baylor 4-Central 5-Walker Valley 6-Ooltewah 7-Marion County 8-GPS 9-Bledsoe County 10-Sequatchie County

Honorable mentions, Boyd-Buchanan, Silverdale

I think your poll is pretty accurate. I would not have put Walker Valley behind Central after the 2nd thumping they gave the Pounders. With or without Shelby they still have to hit and they haven't scored more than 3 runs to Walkers 20 in 2 games. Not sure I would put Grace or Baylor(another GREAT hitting team that lost to Soddy 9-0 yesterday) over Walker Valley but its so tight after Soddy that you could interchange any one of them.

Ooltewah beating Soddy was very impressive. The win over Walker Valley wasn't as much since the Owls had 3 unearned runs in a 4-2 game. BUT then Ooltewah and Taylor looked GREAT again in the win over Coffee County.

Does anyone know who put Grace out?