Chatt Area Preseason rankings

BlackMetallic

I'd not picked up a paper yet, ought to do so before updating rankings next time. It doesn't surprise me SD scored a lot on them, they'd been giving up runs vs GPS and Boyd but I thought they'd score a few. A lot of their batters are still young, even though they can smash it.

Meigs wiped out Polk in a big 5-AA game. They and Central should end up playing for the region.

You're right about WV, I'd not seen any of the results from the tournament except Ooltewah's.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Soddy is not the clear cut favorite like last year...even though they have lost to Ooltewah, my money is still on them in the region tournament (whatever the first round is called these days)...I would still give them the #1 ranking sicne there will be a definitive winner...although were it college football, Ooletwah would own the #1 ranking IMO in the area....really the three are tightly clumped (including Grace).

After that I would make Baylor and Walker Valley in a group then comes Central followed by GPS and Silverdale...the next grouping is interesting...The Dark Horse gets Central Thursday for the 6AA lead...they clubbed East Ridge last night according to the TFP...If Willard were not out for the year, it would prolly not be an issue...If they win that game then they might be at the top of the heap of the CSAS, Boyd and the rest heap...Hard to figure Silverdale who was dismantled by Grace last night...

I agree, put Ooltewah first. How many teams beat SD two straight, any year. I still have a hard time thinking it won't be them winning the district tournament but Oolt ought to play with confidence should they meet. WV still should have a say in it.

Central still has to be the AA favorite in the area until one of the others proves different. Sequatchie got a good win on the road at Meigs Tuesday (not called in by the hosts) but Bledsoe should be first entering that district tournament. Sequatchie won big at CCS last week, it looks like a big gap between Bledsoe, Sequatchie and the other three. CCS just has 2 wins after a lot of success a couple of seasons ago.

The Darkhorse lost to Silverdale earlier this week I think, I don't know if they can hold down Central's batters.

Marion and Grace, should they meet in the region, would be worth going to see. I know some of Marion's numbers are up due to playing Hardy twice, Van Buren twice but they are hitting the ball against most everybody else too.

1-Ooltewah 2-Soddy-Daisy 3-Walker Valley 4-Grace (done nothing wrong really, just the other three have been beating each other) 5-Baylor 6-Central 7-Marion 8-GPS 9-Bledsoe 10-Sequatchie

Hon. mentions, Boyd, CSAS, Meigs, Rhea, Silverdale

One of the problems in keeping up with results is some teams don't call in anything, and some seem to just call in their wins when they host, not losses. I understand not getting Friday night and Saturday tournament results in but during the week there's no excuse-especially when the call-ins are selective.

I agree, put Ooltewah first. How many teams beat SD two straight, any year. I still have a hard time thinking it won't be them winning the district tournament but Oolt ought to play with confidence should they meet. WV still should have a say in it.

Central still has to be the AA favorite in the area until one of the others proves different. Sequatchie got a good win on the road at Meigs Tuesday (not called in by the hosts) but Bledsoe should be first entering that district tournament. Sequatchie won big at CCS last week, it looks like a big gap between Bledsoe, Sequatchie and the other three. CCS just has 2 wins after a lot of success a couple of seasons ago.

The Darkhorse lost to Silverdale earlier this week I think, I don't know if they can hold down Central's batters.

Marion and Grace, should they meet in the region, would be worth going to see. I know some of Marion's numbers are up due to playing Hardy twice, Van Buren twice but they are hitting the ball against most everybody else too.

1-Ooltewah 2-Soddy-Daisy 3-Walker Valley 4-Grace (done nothing wrong really, just the other three have been beating each other) 5-Baylor 6-Central 7-Marion 8-GPS 9-Bledsoe 10-Sequatchie

Hon. mentions, Boyd, CSAS, Meigs, Rhea, Silverdale

One of the problems in keeping up with results is some teams don't call in anything, and some seem to just call in their wins when they host, not losses. I understand not getting Friday night and Saturday tournament results in but during the week there's no excuse-especially when the call-ins are selective.

3 way tie for 1. Pending WV vs Soddy Next Week. May be toughest District in the State??

Edited by CFS