Chatt Area Preseason rankings

BlackMetallic

1-Soddy-Daisy

2-Baylor (have them at second due to early win over Central)

3-Central (have them at third due to early win over Grace). They lost big to Walker Valley but without Willard pitching.

4-Grace

5-Walker Valley-I haven't seen many results for them at all, they've scored a lot of runs.

6-Ooltewah-Losing record last I saw, but played tough teams

7-Marion-Undefeated last I saw, with a close win vs Bledsoe and an extra inning win at Sequatchie, aided by a disputed 7th inning hit.

8-Bledsoe-Leading the 7AA district currently

9-Sequatchie-Still hitting the ball, 16 hits in the last 2 games vs a couple of good pitchers, not scoring as often as earlier. Outhit Bledsoe by 1 just couldn't get them across.

10-GPS/CSAS-Couldn't choose despite CSAS's earlier win. CSAS didn't look good to me at the tournament I saw them at, but they threw a one-hitter vs Baylor (and still lost)

what was the score of the Sequatchie vs Bledsoe game?....i never saw it..

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooltewah got a good win over Baylor, I think they should be top 5 now.

GPS stayed relatively close to Soddy-Daisy the other day. The coach seemed to call out his pitcher a bit in the paper and she responded like a real player will do, one-hitter vs W Valley in a shutout.I was a little surprised in the box score-if the season stats are right-W Valley started a pitcher who'd not thrown much this year instead of a girl who was 5-2 with a good ERA. Maybe injuries, general arm weariness had something to do with it. With one hit of course it wouldn't make a difference. I'm not considering W Valley's win over Central in a top 10 since Willard didn't pitch.

Marion won over Sequatchie in an in-school game today, 6-3. Each team had a couple of home runs, the difference was Marion had three on base before one of theirs, in the first. Sequatchie hit the ball hard throughout, Marion just made the plays in the field and caught line drives.

1-Soddy Daisy 2-Central 3-Grace 4-Ooltewah 5-Baylor 6-Marion County 7-GPS 8-Walker Valley 9-Rhea County 10-Bledsoe Honorable mentions, Sequatchie, CSAS, Meigs, Polk, Whitwell

These guesses are more on what teams have done against other Chattanooga area opponents, than what they've done against out of area teams.

Edited by Indian

Ooltewah got a good win over Baylor, I think they should be top 5 now.

GPS stayed relatively close to Soddy-Daisy the other day. The coach seemed to call out his pitcher a bit in the paper and she responded like a real player will do, one-hitter vs W Valley in a shutout.I was a little surprised in the box score-if the season stats are right-W Valley started a pitcher who'd not thrown much this year instead of a girl who was 5-2 with a good ERA. Maybe injuries, general arm weariness had something to do with it. With one hit of course it wouldn't make a difference. I'm not considering W Valley's win over Central in a top 10 since Willard didn't pitch.

Marion won over Sequatchie in an in-school game today, 6-3. Each team had a couple of home runs, the difference was Marion had three on base before one of theirs, in the first. Sequatchie hit the ball hard throughout, Marion just made the plays in the field and caught line drives.

1-Soddy Daisy 2-Central 3-Grace 4-Ooltewah 5-Baylor 6-Marion County 7-GPS 8-Walker Valley 9-Rhea County 10-Bledsoe Honorable mentions, Sequatchie, CSAS, Meigs, Polk, Whitwell

These guesses are more on what teams have done against other Chattanooga area opponents, than what they've done against out of area teams.

Walker Valley beat Ooltewah tonight 3-2. AND what wasn't mentioned was that in Walkers loss to Soddy there were 4 unearned runs in the first inning. Lady Mustangs still didn't hit Nunely which looked better than she had all year AND paper said it was a1 hit ball game, she gave up 2 hits not 1.

Walker Valley beat Ooltewah tonight 3-2. AND what wasn't mentioned was that in Walkers loss to Soddy there were 4 unearned runs in the first inning. Lady Mustangs still didn't hit Nunely which looked better than she had all year AND paper said it was a1 hit ball game, she gave up 2 hits not 1.

2 hits..................1 hit.............who cares. You're lucky you got any. This is why your former coach quit, having to play Soddy Daisy.

2 hits..................1 hit.............who cares. You're lucky you got any. This is why your former coach quit, having to play Soddy Daisy.

Just stating the facts Mr Ooltewah, lol. You don't know Chris, He and his wife actually have had another child and he is persuing other educational possitions.

Do you ever actually read the crap you write? Thank you for making me laugh today!

Edited by tnsoftball

Pathetic.

Hey Indian, You are right Walker threw a Junior pitcher against Soddy that doesn't pitch as much. I think the thinking was to show Soddy something new and very different. The Soddy girls play with or see WVHS Sidney Hooper alot in the summer. Didn't work out to well for the Stangs! lol