East Hickman

FranklyMyDear

Montgomery Central does have that policy. I heard Coach Bragg announce it and actually saw it in action during the Creekwood Game. A parent was running her mouth about putting her son in and Central would lose if they didn't. That following week, the kid was suspended for the rest of the season.

This policy is not fair to the player. What if the player is a model student and player, doesn't complain about his playing time, but his parent is a loose cannon? The player is going to be punished for his parent's actions in which he has no control. How does that help the player?

Actually we went 6-4 (and hosted a first round) this past year with a second year head coach (which by the way, we support him and his staff whole-heartedly). Your head coach didn't want to schedule us again this year because he said "you all couldn't compete with us". I'm not saying we're a model program bc we're still getting there. But the difference between our thread on coach t and your thread is the fact there are more words of encouragement being said from people who aren't even apart of your program. Hate it or love it FranklyMyDear....you're a hater and I love it!!!

Whoa there chief. i am NOT a East fan. I am a fairview fan. And the reason you all won 6 games if because you play in the softest district in the state. East Hickman would be .500 in that district. Surely you remember the days you all played in ou district. whole lot of 0-10 or 1-9. Hater I think not realist I believe so. Why don't you all schedule my YellowJackets. We need at least one give me.

This policy is not fair to the player. What if the player is a model student and player, doesn't complain about his playing time, but his parent is a loose cannon? The player is going to be punished for his parent's actions in which he has no control. How does that help the player?

The policy may not be fair, but life isn't fair. Alot of times we're punished for the mistakes of others. If the player is a model student, then normally he/she has model parents too. But even if thats the case, the parent still has to be made accountable for their actions up in the stands. The policy doesn't neccisarily help the player. It helps the overall program bc it teaches parents they can't come to the games and talk anyway they feel. 'Keep things positive at all times' is the idea behind it.

The policy may not be fair, but life isn't fair. Alot of times we're punished for the mistakes of others. If the player is a model student, then normally he/she has model parents too. But even if thats the case, the parent still has to be made accountable for their actions up in the stands. The policy doesn't neccisarily help the player. It helps the overall program bc it teaches parents they can't come to the games and talk anyway they feel. 'Keep things positive at all times' is the idea behind it.

Man I was with you right up until you said the model kids comes from model parents. I played with a kid in HS who's Dad was a drunk and bad mouthed our coach and life in general, but the kid was great and had the best additude on the team. I'm glad our coach didn't kick him off for his Ahole dad. I think that there should be a price to pay from running down a program, but I sure think that there's got to be another way besides making an example out of a kid.

:shock: where do I start , the people sticking there nose in our program have no idea whats going on. (mc enjoy your coach while you have him cause the first chance he has at a real contender hes gone. The things going on over here is beyond me). king is by far the worst coach east has ever seen in any sport. why does he stay he is only hurting our program. our program was just getting ready to make the turn , then the powers to be put there nose in it and made coach jones put a thug back on the team after the team voted him off, so he quit , the first year of kings demise we went 3-7 and no one can change my mind but i know coach jones would of went 500 0r better i know he would of been smart enough to hold on to a 14 point lead with less than seven minutes to go, (heck my 10 year old nephew could of done that) and this is just some of what my son will have to put up with again, grant it the middle school coach harris and coach jones had there problems with each other but they were both there to make the kids better people and better players. this guy king is only there for himself and has no back bone. its going to a long football season every year king is there and i hate it for my kid and the rest of the players.

Good lord....Montgomery Central fans giving advice on how a team should be ran....lol , Bottom line is he had 2 years to show us something..... he has not, he has failed, this last year he put the biggest thug in the High School at Qback.a few games in things didnt go his way, the thug quit and walked off the field during the game, Please note this same thug has quit his Freshman,Sophmore,and Junior year, and he did it again this year....but Coach let him back on the team,and back as Qback after he quit and embarrased the School and his team walking off the field and into the stands. That was the straw that broke the camels back in my book as far as him being our kids Coach.It showed me what this guy is all about, By allowing him (the thug) to return after his act, it destroyed all morals on the team and showed the younger kids "you can do whatever you want" and still play. No players respect him, parents dislike him, I have yet to meet one parent/fan who is happy with him and his performance as of yet. But this guy has a family and I am sure he will never find another job coaching, so he has realized he better do what Dr. Nash tells him, now he is with all the other jellyfish in East High school and is being a good "do boy". It has shown me he is about himself,which is wrong. I know a few folks in Dyer county who said he would not be welcome to come back to thier school, they are happy he is gone.

I was going to sit this one out...... but reading an East Hickman thread is like people watching at the Bon Aqua Hoedown..... You don't want to look..... but you just can't resist.....

Reading the recent post's from the Coach Jones' supporters is quite laughable considering that he and a fine coaching staff were in effect "burned in effigy" just a few seasons ago on this very CoachT board.....

Revisionist history or just a case of hind sight is 20/20? Either way he is a fine man and coach. Unfortunately for East, a group of parents spearheaded by the middle school coach got the ear of the "wizard" and pushed him out.

So to paraphrase a great line from "Cool Hand Luke"

"What the people of East wants........ They gets"

I have no empathy for East's current or future problems created by unsupporting parents/fans/administration.

All due respect to Coach King and the players at East, I wish you the best of luck for 2011.

Someday when Coach King decides that it is best for him to move on, My only hope is that they select Coach Harris for the job and the people of East get some exposure to his abilities. Personally, I don't believe that he will take it......

It is much easier to rest upon the laurels of his middle school success.

In accordance with the prophecy........

Edited by veritas

I was going to sit this one out...... but reading an East Hickman thread is like people watching at the Bon Aqua Hoedown..... You don't want to look..... but you just can't resist.....

Reading the recent post's from the Coach Jones' supporters is quite laughable considering that he and a fine coaching staff were in effect "burned in effigy" just a few seasons ago on this very CoachT board.....

Revisionist history or just a case of hind sight is 20/20? Either way he is a fine man and coach. Unfortunately for East, a group of parents spearheaded by the middle school coach got the ear of the "wizard" and pushed him out.

So to paraphrase a great line from "Cool Hand Luke"

"What the people of East wants........ They gets"

I have no empathy for East's current or future problems created by unsupporting parents/fans/administration.

All due respect to Coach King and the players at East, I wish you the best of luck for 2011.

Someday when Coach King decides that it is best for him to move on, My only hope is that they select Coach Harris for the job and the people of East get some exposure to his abilities. Personally, I don't believe that he will take it......

It is much easier to rest upon the laurels of his middle school success.

In accordance with the prophecy........

For some strange reason you continue to take shots at the Middle School Coach and his winning program..... is it jealousy? Is it a strange love you have for him ? He really burns in your simple little brain doesnt he ? Does your house have a shrine dedicated to him? Do you follow him around to games and photograph him and post the photos all over your house so he is always on your mind? He is sucessful at what he does..... dont hate a guy for that ????? Your post are comical to say the least, but almost all of them take a cheap shot at the Middle School Coach, why? You are evidently a ex coach or close tie to same. If you knew what the real deal was you would look at things with a different outlook,you are definetly not a insider, but a outsider forming your opinions from the one sided stories you have been told. You conclude that Dr. Nash is a tyrant, this is true, but do you honestly think this man does what the Middle School Football Coach from East Hickman wants him to do? Nash is a tyrant and a bad person, but he has not ruled the school system on the words of the Middle Shool Coach. He is a coward who listens to threats of a parent when her sons get kicked off the School team, and threatens to cry racism,hence Nash likes to do his deeds under the radar so he pacifys her and over rides the Coaches... I dont think it was a conspiricy between this family and the Middle School Coach to have her kids break team rules,embarass the school, embarass the community and do what they do.... If you had true knowledge you would know that your claims are unwarranted and false,

For some strange reason you continue to take shots at the Middle School Coach and his winning program..... is it jealousy? Is it a strange love you have for him ? He really burns in your simple little brain doesnt he ? Does your house have a shrine dedicated to him? Do you follow him around to games and photograph him and post the photos all over your house so he is always on your mind? He is sucessful at what he does..... dont hate a guy for that ????? Your post are comical to say the least, but almost all of them take a cheap shot at the Middle School Coach, why? You are evidently a ex coach or close tie to same. If you knew what the real deal was you would look at things with a different outlook,you are definetly not a insider, but a outsider forming your opinions from the one sided stories you have been told. You conclude that Dr. Nash is a tyrant, this is true, but do you honestly think this man does what the Middle School Football Coach from East Hickman wants him to do? Nash is a tyrant and a bad person, but he has not ruled the school system on the words of the Middle Shool Coach. He is a coward who listens to threats of a parent when her sons get kicked off the School team, and threatens to cry racism,hence Nash likes to do his deeds under the radar so he pacifys her and over rides the Coaches... I dont think it was a conspiricy between this family and the Middle School Coach to have her kids break team rules,embarass the school, embarass the community and do what they do.... If you had true knowledge you would know that your claims are unwarranted and false,

i dont know much about east hickman other than coaches are always getting bashed on here. you will never be happy with anyone if you dont give the head coach time to build his program. (more than two years) BREAKING NEWS: a great middle school program does not equal a great high school program, they are two totally different things. ms has zero pressure, no region title or state title on the line, maybe a 2 month season, maybe 8 games. there is a reason the middle school coach has not made the jump to high school... he has it made, with an illusion that he has a great program and could be a great high school program... why mess that up by proving other wise. BTW i have never heard of the middle school program nor the coach of east hickman middle school.

get behind your coach and see what happens. great programs dont happen overnight.