State Seeds

StarRaider

Ha, i never said i was part of the Trojan family but i still don't think they wrestled. PRT were you there for Lewis's losses? I hear from some of the spectators that Campbell had a broken wrist and a swollen ankle. I know it will at least be a five point match in the favor of Lewis but a two timer has to mean something. Who has Woods wrestled that is so amazing? He didn't even wrestle when his team went to the tournament in KY. :thumb:

As WrestlingGod said earlier, he pinned the Union Co. kid who is ranked in the top 10 in the country. Woods wins 8-6 ;)

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha, i never said i was part of the Trojan family but i still don't think they wrestled. PRT were you there for Lewis's losses? I hear from some of the spectators that Campbell had a broken wrist and a swollen ankle. I know it will at least be a five point match in the favor of Lewis but a two timer has to mean something. Who has Woods wrestled that is so amazing? He didn't even wrestle when his team went to the tournament in KY. :thumb:

They went to a tournament in IN. and he did not make weight on Friday.

As WrestlingGod said earlier, he pinned the Union Co. kid who is ranked in the top 10 in the country. Woods wins 8-6 ;)

Correction he pinned some kid from union county who wasn't ranked in the nation. not even close. The kid Thadd was speaking of won the tournament and his name is Caleb Ervin. check your facts. woods loses by five or more :thumb:

Correction he pinned some kid from union county who wasn't ranked in the nation. not even close. The kid Thadd was speaking of won the tournament and his name is Caleb Ervin. check your facts. woods loses by five or more :thumb:

Correct, Caleb Ervin is also ranked in the top ten, top five if im not mistaken. The name of the 130 escapes me but according to the usawrestling magazine rankings earlier in the year he was ranked in the top 10...Campbell weighed in at 134.6 at state duals for the specific purpose of wrestling up. He DID wrestle Caleb in the second round when Soddy faced Indy, the score shows it wasnt close. However, if you watched the match you'd say otherwise. It was a good match. After seeing both of them wrestle I've made my prediction and I havent been shy to tell you that. Campbell had a broken wrist at Super 32, at Cleveland duals, a month later, he was fine. I talked to his dad and he said he wasnt feeling well but that was it, no injuries.

I have checked my facts, checked them twice. Maybe you should check yours before calling me out on mine :thumb: .

Correct, Caleb Ervin is also ranked in the top ten, top five if im not mistaken. The name of the 130 escapes me but according to the usawrestling magazine rankings earlier in the year he was ranked in the top 10...Campbell weighed in at 134.6 at state duals for the specific purpose of wrestling up. He DID wrestle Caleb in the second round when Soddy faced Indy, the score shows it wasnt close. However, if you watched the match you'd say otherwise. It was a good match. After seeing both of them wrestle I've made my prediction and I havent been shy to tell you that. Campbell had a broken wrist at Super 32, at Cleveland duals, a month later, he was fine. I talked to his dad and he said he wasnt feeling well but that was it, no injuries.

I have checked my facts, checked them twice. Maybe you should check yours before calling me out on mine :thumb: .

I just checked my facts and the kid Austin Woods wrestled from Union County was Jayce Carr an unranked opponent that was seeded third in the tournament. He wasn't and isn't currently ranked. Just ask Alex Kaferle at 119 and Zach Bennett who the ranked guys in the nation on that team are. They were both teched in the finals and it wasn't pretty. Actually they aren't ranked in the nation. Caleb Ervin just gets an honorable mention.

http://www.thewrestlingtalk.com/high-school-wrestling/175807-152-lbs-high-school-wrestling-national-individual-rankings-jan-2011-a.html

It is pretty obvious that you haven't talked to the Lewis family and if you did they would have told you that Campbell's wrist was still broken and he had two sprains in his ankle along with Vitamin C poisoning. Yes, you are wrong again and Campbell will tear Woods apart and everybody down in Chattanooga thinks so too.

Just wondering how can the match looked close when the score was 22-2? I also found out the score from the Lewis family.

I just checked my facts and the kid Austin Woods wrestled from Union County was Jayce Carr an unranked opponent that was seeded third in the tournament. He wasn't and isn't currently ranked. Just ask Alex Kaferle at 119 and Zach Bennett who the ranked guys in the nation on that team are. They were both teched in the finals and it wasn't pretty. Actually they aren't ranked in the nation. Caleb Ervin just gets an honorable mention.

http://www.thewrestlingtalk.com/high-school-wrestling/175807-152-lbs-high-school-wrestling-national-individual-rankings-jan-2011-a.html

It is pretty obvious that you haven't talked to the Lewis family and if you did they would have told you that Campbell's wrist was still broken and he had two sprains in his ankle along with Vitamin C poisoning. Yes, you are wrong again and Campbell will tear Woods apart and everybody down in Chattanooga thinks so too.

Just wondering how can the match looked close when the score was 22-2? I also found out the score from the Lewis family.

140 - Campbell Lewis (SD) t.f. Caleb Little (Ind) 21-2;

from the tssaa.org site ....

http://tssaa.org/2010Champions/StateDualWrestling/dualresults.cfm?class=AAA

Well we can all tell that it must be state tournament time because people are a little on edge. Just remember that the seeds mean nothing, the real throughbreds peak at the state tournament and the "Freaks Come Out @ Night and will show off when the brite lights of Saturday night are focused on them.

Edited by cbg

Instead of the standard "who are the seeds" question that most of the knuckleheads ask on this board... here are the seeds from what I can tell

1. Roberts (2011 RC@103, #6 in 2010)

All are region champs at this years weights.

1. Kermick ( #5@112)

2. Maples (#5@103)

3. Stevens ( #6@112)

1 Boone (#2@119)

1. Hames (#1@119)

2. Morrison (#3@119)

3. Hall (#4@119)

4. Feuerbacher (#5@125)

130 (Edited, forgot Mr. Lewis)

1. Lewis (#1@125)

2. Seaman (#2@130)

3. Crutcher (#2@112)

4. Woods (#3@130)

5. Maxwell (#4@112)

1. M. Lopez (#1@130)

1. A. Lopez (#5@135)

1. Brown (#4@140)

2. Birdwell (#5@140)

3. Sharp (#6@140)

1. Smith (#2@140)

2. Colbaugh (#3@145)

3. Bennett (#5@145)

1. Newburgh (#3@152)

1. Schay (#5@152)

1. Davis (#2@171)

2. Boykins (#6@171)

1. Bolton (#2@215)

No seeds

There is a guy from Bearden (Landers) but no clue if he won his region or not.

Landers had ACL surgery 2 days before Christmas from getting it torn in football. He would have been in the finals with Davis at 189.

I dont think I can comment on this lol. Im pulling for Woods for a couple reasons, I am a Region 6 guy and Campbell beat my brother this year at state duals :twisted: ...so Im pulling for Woods, but I wont give a prediction just yet.

I dont think I can comment on this lol. Im pulling for Woods for a couple reasons, I am a Region 6 guy and Campbell beat my brother this year at state duals :twisted: ...so Im pulling for Woods, but I wont give a prediction just yet.

Campbell weighed in at 134.6 at state duals for the specific purpose of wrestling up. He DID wrestle Caleb in the second round when Soddy faced Indy, the score shows it wasnt close. However, if you watched the match you'd say otherwise. It was a good match. After seeing both of them wrestle I've made my prediction and I havent been shy to tell you that.

Meet 10

SODDY DAISY 50, INDEPENDENCE 15

112 - Jacob Stevens (SD) t.f. Mo Overton (Ind) 19-2; 119 - Ryan Gardner (SD) t.f. Robbie Allen (Ind) 18-3; 125 - Garrett Alexander (SD) d. Corey Hunt (Ind) 8-7; 130 - Gage Richmond (SD) d. Ernie Overton (Ind) 10-5; 135 - Jacob Adams (SD) m.d. James Cleveland (Ind) 9-1; 140 - Campbell Lewis (SD) t.f. Caleb Little (Ind) 21-2; 145 - Brennen Cox (Ind) m.d. Josh Elliott (SD) 13-3; 152 - Darren Smith (SD) p. Vito Scara Jr. (Ind) 3:40; 160 - McCoy Newberg (Ind) t.f. Kyle Odom (SD) 21-6; 171 - Blaike Henry (SD) p. Zach McMillan (Ind) 0:49; 189 - Mathew Ervin (SD) p. Thomas Venuti (Ind) 1:24; 215 - Billy Swanson (SD) m.d. Henry Retersdorf (Ind) 15-3; 285 - Phillip Seely (SD) d. Glenn Rockholt (Ind) 5-1; 103 - Zach Pelkey (Ind) wins by forfeit.