District 4a Tournaments

eaglefan2012

I saw a Wartburg team give an education in unselfish play to a team with a kid that almost refuses to pass the ball. She was the MVP because she in my humble opinion killed any concept of team play for coalfield on the offensive end. I couldn't count the number of times 5 players touched the ball for the lady dogs probably most of their possessions but i can tell you how many times coalfield had 5 touch it 3 possessions. 3 that isn't team play that is individual and that is why they lost. I thought that the foster girls played very well for coalfield and could have helped take some of the pressure off Jordan if she had passed the basketball. Coalfield did make a comeback but If wartburg's freshmen hadn't got in foul trouble wartburg wouldve won by 10 or more. I don't know it Wartburg can win the region, but I know they've earned much respect over the last week and a half.

Our lady indians had leads on Oadale and Coalfield only to blow them in the second half I don't think they will be as likely to blow their next lead so I look for them to make the 2nd round of the region at least!

You guys made a good run at Oakdale, Your girls had them down 17 I believe at one point..then they looked like they self destructed in the 4th? If those girls get their stuff together, and learn to finish a game like that, they will be tough.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got educated today folks, I learned who picks the tournament MVP.

I also heard he took alot of grief over the decision. I wouldn't want to have a decision like that laying on my shoulders. A position like he was in, would be WAY worse than being a politician...no way would he have been able to make a choice and not make someone mad. I like the guy, and I think he would make the fairest decision possible.

That being said, Jordan was the best player on the court, if that is what decides the MVP, he made the right choice.

imho

Great Post. I have been in coaches meetings before when they pick a person/committee to pick the all-tourney team. I've even heard the question asked "Does the MVP come from the winning team or can it come from the losing team?" The answer has always been it goes to the best player regardless of where they finish.

It looks like we're getting ready to play the District tournament round 2 now, lol

I wish Oneida had pulled off the win, but oh well...all the Morgan County teams won!

:D

the Lady Dawgs are hot took em a while to wake up against harriman but when the dawg awoke he was hungry in the 4th quarter harriman girls ran out of gas and give up late can the lady dawgs make oakdale run for 4 quarters and upset em again? i think the winner of oakdale and wartburg girls wins the region! and rockwood can they upset coalfield that should be a interesting matchup as well i know rockwood has jade napier at point and shes pretty tough i think rockwood can do it

the Lady Dawgs are hot took em a while to wake up against harriman but when the dawg awoke he was hungry in the 4th quarter harriman girls ran out of gas and give up late can the lady dawgs make oakdale run for 4 quarters and upset em again? i think the winner of oakdale and wartburg girls wins the region! and rockwood can they upset coalfield that should be a interesting matchup as well i know rockwood has jade napier at point and shes pretty tough i think rockwood can do it

Not to take anything away from Rockwood, they made it this far and that's great! but I think Coalfield ends their season Monday night.

The Wartburg/Oakdale match up, that will be a good one. I expect Oakdale to play their best game of the year, they want to avenge that loss in the District. I really think Oakdale may win it, but I think it's going to be a good game. This is a tough match up for both teams, they both have played well enough to deserve the win and to keep their seasons alive.

Not to take anything away from Rockwood, they made it this far and that's great! but I think Coalfield ends their season Monday night.

The Wartburg/Oakdale match up, that will be a good one. I expect Oakdale to play their best game of the year, they want to avenge that loss in the District. I really think Oakdale may win it, but I think it's going to be a good game. This is a tough match up for both teams, they both have played well enough to deserve the win and to keep their seasons alive.

anything could happen at this point the key to wartburgs success the rest of the season i think is the post play of sara davidson and the point play of kristy phillips these girls should be real tough next year and the wing play of kellie kidd as well shes a leader among leaders

anything could happen at this point the key to wartburgs success the rest of the season i think is the post play of sara davidson and the point play of kristy phillips these girls should be real tough next year and the wing play of kellie kidd as well shes a leader among leaders

Yeah, I think next year will be their year. Kristy Phillips and Tori Phillips sharing PG play. Kelly Kidd on the wing will be deadly, and Haley Hurtt can "hurt" you if you forget about her. Then you have Sarah Davidson and Madison Laughter on the inside (speed and power). Then there's Chelsea Lowe, if that girl gets healthy, she is a fighter and can play almost anywhere they need her. On top of that they're suppose to be a good freshman class coming in. I think next year they will be the team to beat. Oh! I don't wan to forget their Freshman post, Keele Mathis..she might be able to provide some quality minutes seeing as she is a true south paw, that left hand hook/shot of hers could develop into something really nice.

I think they'll be good inside AND out.

Yeah, I think next year will be their year. Kristy Phillips and Tori Phillips sharing PG play. Kelly Kidd on the wing will be deadly, and Haley Hurtt can "hurt" you if you forget about her. Then you have Sarah Davidson and Madison Laughter on the inside (speed and power). Then there's Chelsea Lowe, if that girl gets healthy, she is a fighter and can play almost anywhere they need her. On top of that they're suppose to be a good freshman class coming in. I think next year they will be the team to beat. Oh! I don't wan to forget their Freshman post, Keele Mathis..she might be able to provide some quality minutes seeing as she is a true south paw, that left hand hook/shot of hers could develop into something really nice.

I think they'll be good inside AND out.

big things are definately gonna get better for them thats for sure with 9 freshman coming in from wartburg middle school and who knows how many from petros are coming

Getting back on track - this year not next year........Oakdale/Wartburg match-up. Oakdale should win but this Wartburg team has come to play in post-season action...Oakdale cannot run with the dawgs and unless they slow the game down and dictate the pace the dawgs win again......Coalfield/Rockwood - I didn't pick either in last region game so I am going with underdog Rockwood to win.

Lady Eagles won whenever it mattered most, and showed people what they are really made of! I look for Oakdale to take the region championship.

The Coalfield/Rockwood game turned out exactly like I thought it would.

The Wartburg/Oakdale game had the result I thought it would, but Wartburg made Oakdale look much better than they actually were that night. Oakdale couldn't miss, even the contested shots...Wartburg, they couldn't throw it in the ocean, choke city!

I look for Coalfield to give them alot better game than they had on Monday. I think it's a toss up, especially since Kilby looked like she had a bad wheel the other night, she didn't look full speed.

If I HAD to pick, I'd go with Oakdale winning a close one.

The Coalfield/Rockwood game turned out exactly like I thought it would.

The Wartburg/Oakdale game had the result I thought it would, but Wartburg made Oakdale look much better than they actually were that night. Oakdale couldn't miss, even the contested shots...Wartburg, they couldn't throw it in the ocean, choke city!

I look for Coalfield to give them alot better game than they had on Monday. I think it's a toss up, especially since Kilby looked like she had a bad wheel the other night, she didn't look full speed.

If I HAD to pick, I'd go with Oakdale winning a close one.

I thought that #24 for wartburg really played poor compared to the other games that I've watched them play this season, against us she had 24pts and goes like 3-15 against Oakdale. She along with the other post players looked totally outmatched by kilby and redmon. Wartburg is a good team Dist. Champs is nothing to sneeze at, but if they are going very far next season #24 is going to need to step up big time. It looked like #23 and #24 hadn't slept in about a week ! But you can correct me if I'm wrong this is the first time Davis has missed the sub-state and I would imagine knowing how he likes to compete issues like these will be fixed. So i dont think that wartburg is a done deal to be great next season, I would place them 3rd for next season due to the effort I saw the other night.

Coalfield may have some trouble next year so these kids need to get after it tonight because it may be a while before we are back!

Go Jackets!