D1 State Predictions

coachknepper

These predictions were made using careful consideration of head-to-head matches this year and most importantly the draw for each individual.

1. Chris Dalrymple - Bolton, 11

2. Donovan Roberts - Clarksville NW, 12

3. Jonah Smith - Soddy Daisy, 10

4. Austin Stevison - Cleveland, 9

5. Kyler Smith - Centennial, 12

6. Dakota Bromley - Bradley Central, 10

In medalist contention: Chris Palacio - Red Bank & Jon Boatman - Greeneville

1. Alex Kaferle - Tullahoma, 11

2. Jacob Stevens - Soddy Daisy, 10

3. Kendall Kermick - Germantown, 12

4. Jacob Climer - Bradley Central, 12

5. Austin Oliver - Cleveland, 10

6. Shane Shaffner - Kingsbury, 12

Kaferle vs. Kermick in the semis would be a rematch of an 8-0 victory by Kaferle at the Blackhorse. Kermick has the ability to win that match, however.

Contention: Andy Aguilar - East Literature & Nick Insalaco - Wilson Central

1. Tanner Bates - Mt. Juliet, 12

2. Jacob Freeman - Ravenwood, 10

3. Aaron Hutson - Bradley Central, 12

4. Jack Boone - Notre Dame, 11

5. Brandon Greer - Antioch, 12

6. LeGrand Sommers - Blackman, 11

The finals could easily be Boone vs. Hutson, Freeman vs. Hutson, or Boone vs. Bates.

Contention: Cody Oliver - Clarksville & Chandler Duncan - Arlington

1. Eric Feuerbacher - Blackman, 12

2. Luke Hall - Seymour, 12

3. Ethan Hames - Bradley Central, 12

4. Dandre Morrison - Clarksville NW, 12

5. Eric Oliver - Germantown, 12

6. Spencer Davis - Pigeon Forge, 10

Any one of the top 4 listed above has a very good shot at winning the championship. Hall has beat Hames previously this year. Feuerbacher has beaten Morrison...but Hames and Feuerbacher have not squared off yet and neither have Hall and Morrison to my recollection.

Contention: Tyler Harvey - Ooltewah & Alex Bennett - Franklin

1. Austin Woods - Franklin, 11

2. Adrian Thomas - Clarksville NE, 12

3. Campbell Lewis - Soddy Daisy, 11

4. Carlos Garcia - McGavock, 11

5. Brandon Strickland - Cleveland, 11

6. Nick Maxwell - Hardin Valley, 12

The semi-finals between Lewis & Woods can obviously go either way, with the winner taking home the title.

Contention: Jericho Crutcher - Bradley Central & Scott Seaman - Mt. Juliet

1. Marvin Lopez - Cleveland, 12

2. Tyler Schuch - Bradley Central, 11

3. Nate Croley - Pigeon Forge, 10

4. Javier Tapia - Science Hill, 12

5. Jacob Belcher - Wilson Central, 12

6. Landon Mosley - Houston, 12

Contention: Nick Ogle - Maryville & Jacob Adams - Soddy Daisy

1. Aaron Lopez - Cleveland, 11

2. Tyler Pitts - Bradley Central, 12

3. Trent Williams - Seymour, 12

4. Zach Sharp - Red Bank, 10

5. Michael Gray - Ravenwood, 12

6. Caleb Little - Independence, 11

Lopez & Pitts will be a battle/rematch of Region Finals and could potentially win the Best Match Award (see 145)

Contention: Ryan Nell - Blackman & Chad Isbell - Clarksville

1. Josue Brown - Hunter's Lane, 12

2. Brennan Cox - Independence, 12

3. Jonathan Birdwell - Cookeville, 12

4. Logan Sharp - Red Bank, 11

5. Matt Price - Montgomery Central, 12

6. Nathaniel Molina - Pigeon Forge, 12

The finals matchup (if it happens) between Brown & Cox could be a 3 OT affair, that's how close these guys can wrestle...could be Best Match (see 140)

1. Bradley Colbaugh - Bradley Central, 12

2. Turbo Smith - Soddy Daisy, 10

3. Zach Bennett - Franklin, 12

4. Edward Holland - Pigeon Forge, 12

5. Jarret McGaha - Clarksville, 12

6. Jay Patton - Blackman, 9

Colbaugh should win Outstanding Wrestler in my estimation...this man is on a mission to win the championship...perhaps the only D-1 wrestler as zoned in as Bradley would be Josue Brown.

Contention: Keagon Matlock - Heritage & Justin Snyder - Science Hill

1. McCoy Newberg - Independence, 11

2. John Shrader - Franklin, 11

3. Hunter Badon - Arlington, 12

4. Tyler Johnson - Jefferson County, 12

5. Jacob Bailey - Bradley Central, 11

6. Isaiah Nichols - Cleveland, 12

Anyone tired of seeing Newberg vs. Shrader yet? I'm not...and it should be the finals match with both guys having home mat.

Contention: Jacob Shelton - Tullahoma & Ren Baggett - Clarksville

1. Jonathan Roberts - Beech, 12

2. Blaike Henry - Soddy Daisy, 10

3. Holden Schay - Houston, 11

4. Richard Manning - Ooltewah, 12

5. Matt Stull - Science Hill, 12

6. Donald Carpenter - Centennial, 12

This bracket was the hardest to pick, as anyone of the top 4 can win this weekend. Schay vs. Roberts in the quarters is really a shame, but as many have said on this forum...to be the man you have to beat the man anyways...should be a great series of matches with the champion truly earning the title.

Contention: Nelson Pinkstaff - Beardon & Ethan Beddingfield - Rhea County

1. Cody Davis - Pigeon Forge, 11

2. Scottie Boykin - Riverdale, 10

3. Blake Biggs - Mt. Juliet, 12

4. Adam Wells - Blackman, 12

5. Denzell Caldwell - Antioch, 12

6. Darius Childs - West Creek, 12

Perhaps the toughest draw of the tournament goes to Frederick of Tullahoma as he placed 3rd in Region 5 as the #4 ranked 189 lber in the state behind Boykin (#2) and Biggs (#3). Any number of individuals can step up and make a presence known here. Unknown Darius Childs will be a known name after this weekend.

Contention: Luke Frederick - Tullahoma, Brett Ervin - Soddy Daisy, Rakim Talley - Dickson County, Lamech Jones - Ooltewah, Logan Ridenour - Maryville, and Jesse Jones - Cleveland

1. Tucker Bolton - Bradley Central, 12

2. Tristan Rush - Blackman, 11

3. Billy Swanson - Soddy Daisy, 11

4. Harrison Hawthorne - Ravenwood, 12

5. Terry Green - Bartlett, 12

6. TJ Satterfield - William Blount, 10

Contention: Tyler Todd - Rossview & Dylan Bryant - David Crockett

1. Grahm Smith - Blackman, 12

2. Shawn Morgan - Maryville, 12

3. Yusef Yunis - Rossview, 12

4. Patrick Benson - Bradley Central, 11

5. Jesse Chapman - Cookeville, 12

6. Alex Seeley - Soddy Daisy, 11

Contention: Josh Mackey - Silverdale & Jordan Hines - Cleveland

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Jonathan Roberts - Beech, 12

2. Blaike Henry - Soddy Daisy, 10

3. Holden Schay - Houston, 11

4. Richard Manning - Ooltewah, 12

5. Matt Stull - Science Hill, 12

6. Donald Carpenter - Centennial, 12

Goose Manning owned blake henry the last time they wrestled, and has not really been challenged buy any one else at this weight class so far this year just do not see how in the world you have him finishing 4th.

There is no need to rationalize why your son lost a great match. No excuses means no excuses, that is a very detailed one. As a wrestlers dad, I would never justify a loss to anyone regardless of the circumstances. Just my two cents.

as a wrestlers dad, i'm glad he did what he did. he did not make excuses...he gave his opponent a double thumbs up...he wished the other wrestler well...and said it was gut check time for his son...

now if you have the ability to see down into someone's heart and know their motivation...then maybe you can come up with some of stuff you typed above...BUT YOU CAN'T SEE INTO SOMEONE'S HEART...and therefore you don't know what they were thinking or what their motivation was...

personally i am glad that he updated us on goose because i had heard several rumors about him being in the hospital...so it was good to get the information from the horses mouth...it felt more like an espn news report on an athlete's status before the game...it happens all the time but in this case it's the dad who is reporting...

Believe the best wrestler dad!

There is no need to rationalize why your son lost a great match. No excuses means no excuses, that is a very detailed one. As a wrestlers dad, I would never justify a loss to anyone regardless of the circumstances. Just my two cents.

You must be the dad of the kid who beat him.......your such a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSER!!!!!! All he did was give props to the the other kid and an update on his son, i m sure Goose s dad and Goose are nt happy he got sick and would ve loved to wrestle him healthy not with the flu!!!!!!!!!!!

Hang tight 2seamfastball. Mktyl is not Holden Schay's dad, I am. I read coacht but have never had a login to make comments.....until now! Won't know until Monday is Holden has a broken ankle from the Championship match, but let me say this. All of the wrestlers that Holden wrestled in this tournament (including their parents) have been great. 10 minutes after Holden won the finals, Blake Henry (#2) came into the stands and personally congratulated him on the win! What a big thing to do.....I was VERY impressed. Then, during the awards ceremony, Johnthan Roberts and Goose Manning all but carried Holden off the podium back to a chair (since he cannot walk on one leg). What true champions they ALL are. Their parents should all be extremely proud of them, as I was to see such sportsmanship! What a great sport! So, 2seamfastball, you should be careful who you point fingers at. I was NOT the "winners dad" who commented on Gooses update. I'm glad to hear he is OK and was very impressed with his determination to wrestle feeling like he was. There are very few wrestlers that ever really dominate a weight class, and I have always said that to be a STATE CHAMPION, you have to have 3 things to win; Skill, luck, and the grace of God!

Hang tight 2seamfastball. Mktyl is not Holden Schay's dad, I am. I read coacht but have never had a login to make comments.....until now! Won't know until Monday is Holden has a broken ankle from the Championship match, but let me say this. All of the wrestlers that Holden wrestled in this tournament (including their parents) have been great. 10 minutes after Holden won the finals, Blake Henry (#2) came into the stands and personally congratulated him on the win! What a big thing to do.....I was VERY impressed. Then, during the awards ceremony, Johnthan Roberts and Goose Manning all but carried Holden off the podium back to a chair (since he cannot walk on one leg). What true champions they ALL are. Their parents should all be extremely proud of them, as I was to see such sportsmanship! What a great sport! So, 2seamfastball, you should be careful who you point fingers at. I was NOT the "winners dad" who commented on Gooses update. I'm glad to hear he is OK and was very impressed with his determination to wrestle feeling like he was. There are very few wrestlers that ever really dominate a weight class, and I have always said that to be a STATE CHAMPION, you have to have 3 things to win; Skill, luck, and the grace of God!

I have to say this.

That had to be one of the guttiest performances I've seen out of a young man. What a match. Holden did something very few could have. I have watched him since he was in middle school, and the obstacles he has over come in his life would make most give up. He is a total inspiration to those that have watched him, and I know you are proud. No one can ever take anything away from what he accomplished this weekend. Congrats to Holden and your family.