Region 3_A Tournament

global98

District 5-A Tournament is now in the books as CSAS defeated Grace Saturday night and Silverdale edged Temple. Who do you think will match up in the first round of the region with each of these teams? What are the chances for the teams from 6-A? I think 5-A is looking pretty strong.

Edited by global98

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I don't think any team from 6a has a chance other than Van Buren, and after watching them demolish South Pittsburgh yesterday I was confident that they could make some noise in the state. Sadly this year didn't turn out so hot for my Signal Mtn Eagles having to face either Grace or CSAS in the first round but, we'll see how everything turns out. My prediction is that Van Buren will take the 2nd spot in region knocking off Grace and, going into substate. CSAS would be extremely hard for any team to beat.

Whats your take on the matchup of 3a and 4a? Predictions?

My predictions for region:

1: CSAS (Playing Jackson in Sub-State)

2: Van Buren (Playing FCS in Sub-State)

3: Grace Baptist

4: Temple (They're the better team IMO)

Edited by TheShow1

I believe from what I have seen VB can handle Silverdale and Temple with ease. VB just shoots the ball so well its tough to get a rhythm going against them. They will more than likely struggle with Grace's height and strength in Round two, but if VB shoots well and gets good play out of their key players, it's anybodys game IMO

This is assuming that Grace does beat Signal, but I can't go downing my hometeam like that because in all honesty they have some very athletic players that haven't been playing aswell as they should :roll:

Hope to see you guys here at Signal :thumb:

Edited by TheShow1

Is the first round of the region tournament played at the home of the higher seed team?

I'm not sure but I don't think there is a "round". The "rounds" would be the district tournaments. I think it just starts with the quarterfinals at Signal, according to how you finished in the districts.

I'm not sure but I don't think there is a "round". The "rounds" would be the district tournaments. I think it just starts with the quarterfinals at Signal, according to how you finished in the districts.

I had noticed that all the first round/quarter final games listed on the region bracket at www.jim314.com started at the same time, while the semi-finals games were listed at different times.

Here's how it all it all shakes out:

5-A: 1. CSAS 2. Grace 3. Silverdale 4. Temple

6-A: 1. Lookout Valley 2. Van Buren 3. Signal Mtn. 4. South Pittsburg

South Pittsburg @ CSAS

Temple @ Lookout Valley

Signal @ Grace

Silverdale @ Van Buren

My Final Four:

CSAS vs. Van Buren

Grace vs. Temple

Finals: Grace vs. CSAS Winner-CSAS