Region 3_A Tournament

global98

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Signal Mt. will beat Lookout Valley as well. Just wish I felt the same for us against CSAS. Gonna be real tough for us Tuesday night. District 6 has three out of four in the region semi's, good luck here on out.

Not bad for that poor little district that couldn't stack-up against District 5. :thumb:

Good luck to you fellers against that recruiting magnet school from down by the sewage plant. rotflmao.gif

'spect you'll have Signal's fan support Tuesday.

Edited by MountainTroll

Not bad for that poor little district that couldn't stack-up against District 5. :thumb:

Good luck to you fellers against that recruiting magnet school from down by the sewage plant. rotflmao.gif

This is one of the most offensive, elitest remarks I have seen in a while. I hope those young men from "down by the sewage plant" wipe the floor with your "fellers."

Surely Signal Mountain wouldn't accuse anyone of recruiting. Word around town is ya'll are pretty good at that. There is no evidence of that at CSAS.

This is one of the most offensive, elitest remarks I have seen in a while. I hope those young men from "down by the sewage plant" wipe the floor with your "fellers."

What was so offensive? Was it that he said the school was by a sewage plant, which it is, or was it that he insinuated that you recruit, which most people believe?

What was so offensive? Was it that he said the school was by a sewage plant, which it is, or was it that he insinuated that you recruit, which most people believe?

Here we go again...

Look, I am not a CSAS fan at all, but I can assure you that Coach Dragoo isn't out scouting the local playgrounds and recruiting kids to come play ball for him. I have had many interactions with Coach Dragoo- he is good guy who would never go out and recruit kids to come play ball for him. These same comments were made about Grace, Temple, etc. in the past few years when they were good. Success brings kids in- period. Once these schools have a good year or two, other kids transfer in because they want to play for a state title. Coach Mattheiss at Grace wasn't out recruiting kids either during their run over the past four or five years. It gets old hearing people whine that school X "has to be recruiting kids to come play for them" because the school they cheer for hasn't beaten school X in a while.

If you want to argue about something, argue about public schools having to play private and magnet schools. I don't have a problem with that at all, but if you want to argue about something that could even remotely be viewed as "unfair," argue that point. And it works for public schools as well. If I am not mistaken, there used to be a rule in place that allowed students from downtown Chattanooga to attend Lookout Valley?

Really, do most people believe that CSAS recruits? Which kid or kids would be the questionable recruit? It's my understanding that CSAS has 7 seniors and all have been there 3+ years. I read in the paper that they have not lost a district game in over 6 years! That tells me that Coach Dragoo does a great job at teaching the game and that his teams are consistently prepared. I would think that the insuation that Coach Dragoo cheats absent any evidence to the contrary would be highly offensive to the program that he's established and the hard work that he and his staff put in. Good luck CSAS against Van Buran tuesday night. I'm looking forward to seeing some good basketball between two good teams!