All fun and games....

texas23

IMG00653-20110219-1942.jpg

Raider76: Great record you had this year...no defeats,,,awesome. How does that shirt fit? I can get you a larger one if you need it. Remember, if you need anything, just call good ole Uncle Joe.

(Just kidding guys, poking a little fun)

Raider76, great to see you, enjoyed the talk.

StarRaider, your hospitality is second to none and the double so for your wonderful wife, thank you.

BCB,,,good to see you briefly, Great to talk to you. My absolute best observation was your son looking straight into his competitors eyes at the end of his match to shake his hand. Class act.

I thought the Bears were going to run down those Raiders, but it just did not happen. Congrats to Cleveland, you guys did great.

I over heard the Marines saying some overweight guy was doing pull up and then bragging about what a man he was.......not really warrior material, they gave him a tee shirt for showing up. Class act, those Marines.

The Cow Barn has mice. During the finals, one ran across the better part of two seating sections and made the ladies from Germantown jump.......fun to watch, but that kind of crap never happens at "The RoundHouse". Bring the tourney back where it belongs. I was surprised by the small group spectators for the local teams. I was sure that it would be full, based on all the comments about how great it was going to be in Mid. Tn.

Edited by texas23

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just an observation from a visitor....LOL...can I not get a green card for going to both high school and college in Tennessee???

Mice, ....running under the ladies legs........could keep folks away when they hear about it.....

The good news though is that there really were not too many folks there to pass along the rat stories.

On the number of fans comment, Franklin had a good wrestler in the Finals and if you looked over at the section they picked to sit in, there were maybe 12 people (actually, it was maybe 30, but an even dozen sounds better). The reason I bring up Franklin, heck, it is their city! Is that the level of fan support that they can bring? A free venue is a free venue and the TSSAA likely makes more money on 30 fans in a cow barn than 30 fans in a mouse free college arena.

bottom line: the venue is more convenient to me when it is in Chattanooga AND no mice. Also, more fans actually show up. I may have come the furthest to see the finals, Almost 1000 miles, one way.

Just an observation from a visitor....LOL...can I not get a green card for going to both high school and college in Tennessee???

Mice, ....running under the ladies legs........could keep folks away when they hear about it.....

The good news though is that there really were not too many folks there to pass along the rat stories.

On the number of fans comment, Franklin had a good wrestler in the Finals and if you looked over at the section they picked to sit in, there were maybe 12 people (actually, it was maybe 30, but an even dozen sounds better). The reason I bring up Franklin, heck, it is their city! Is that the level of fan support that they can bring? A free venue is a free venue and the TSSAA likely makes more money on 30 fans in a cow barn than 30 fans in a mouse free college arena.

bottom line: the venue is more convenient to me when it is in Chattanooga AND no mice. Also, more fans actually show up. I may have come the furthest to see the finals, Almost 1000 miles, one way.

Thats is where you are wrong. I flew in from Albany, NY. Then flew back on Sunday, then back to Louisville, Ky. It was a long weekend but saw some good wrestling.

Everything about the Ag Center screams "SAVE MONEY!"

Wrestlers wrestle,thats what they do.... they will show up and perform on the beach nowadays to wrestle.

The TSSAA and the spectators are saving money so everyone wins!

At least you travled to see it... I had to work all weekend and Im just down the road and I couldnt come :|

but in the end I really like the venue :D

You are the king of travel....good thing I said "I may have...." LOL.

I drove this year, I should have taken a flight.

Tex That photo was not what it appeared to be. I was walking down the isle and i saw that young man drop a large roll of hundred dollar bills out of his pocket. I was merely returning them to him. It had nothing to do with recruiting.

Raider76: Great record you had this year...no defeats,,,awesome. How does that shirt fit? I can get you a larger one if you need it. Remember, if you need anything, just call good ole Uncle Joe.

StarRaider, your hospitality is second to none and the double so for your wonderful wife, thank you.

BCB,,,good to see you briefly, Great to talk to you. My absolute best observation was your son looking straight into his competitors eyes at the end of his match to shake his hand. Class act.

I thought the Bears were going to run down those Raiders, but it just did not happen. Congrats to Cleveland, you guys did great.

I over heard the Marines saying some overweight guy was doing pull up and then bragging about what a man he was.......not really warrior material, they gave him a tee shirt for showing up. Class act, those Marines.

The Cow Barn has mice. During the finals, one ran across the better part of two seating sections and made the ladies from Germantown jump.......fun to watch, but that kind of crap never happens at "The RoundHouse". Bring the tourney back where it belongs. I was surprised by the small group spectators for the local teams. I was sure that it would be full, based on all the comments about how great it was going to be in Mid. Tn.

Tex, I know this was in jest and actually very funny but before everyone jumps on the recruiting band wagon I would like to confirm that this fine young man does wrestle for the red raider club and will be looking for his second state title in a row in a coulpe of weeks. He is currently undefeated and unscored on for the year in about 35 matches along with several other red raiders. We are actually building champions regardless of what people assume. Now if I can just get the schools that supposedly dont recruit to leave my kids along we will have a prosperous future.

who is that kid?

anyway thats a funny post for that pic. :roflol:

i love the venue. very easy access from the interstate. love the parking and i didnt have to pay twice for it when i left to eat chinese at the mall. :popcorneater: walked in the front doors and sat right down. brought in my own candy! drove home in 30 minutes. :thumb:

Edited by DAKEKO

who is that kid?

i love the venue. very easy access from the interstate. love the parking and i didnt have to pay twice for it when i left to eat chinese at the mall. :popcorneater: walked in the front doors and sat right down. brought in my own candy! drove home in 30 minutes. :thumb:

WOW, not sure how anyone can love this venue. What a poor showing of wrestling fans we have in middle Tn! It is a shorter drive home for me as well, but as a spectaor it will never compare to the round house!

who is that kid?

Yep....you could just walk in and sit right down anywhere.....pick a seat....they were all open.

Yep....you could just walk in and sit right down anywhere.....pick a seat....they were all open.

Yep, another parent and myself got there a little early to save some seats for the finals. We were a little late and were worried that they would be taken. We walked right in and got a section right in front of the mat from bottom row to the top row. A few people came down and started to sit down, we advised we were trying to save that whole section and they said no problem and moved to the nxt one. We litterally saved an entire section on the large side of the arena just by asking. we would have been trampled to death in Chattanooga if that had happened. There was nobody there.