Roll On Jackson County Lady Blue Devils!

hoopsmom

Yea, CC didn't play their best in that game and FCS had nothing for them. Clay Co. will win convincingly. If PC didn't have to go to RBS, I would pick PC to win. It doesn't matter anyway. Neither of these teams is coming close to Clarkrange.

RBS can and will play with Clarkrange win they do meet...Clay beating RBS wasn't a fluke but it was a fluke that it was by as much as it was, if those 2 teams met again on a neutral court it would be a very close ball game...Last night's game was a 12 point win for RBS but in the last 3 qtrs RBS outscored FCS 32-15...And I'll bet the farm on FCS and Clay County being a down to the wire game :hungry:

Edited by swanson71

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Were you at the pickett jackson game. Pickett couldn't even score against them. It was 20 to nothing. They didn't score until some subs came in off the bench. I don't see how they could beat red boiling springs.

Were you at the game? They played JC 13-11 until halftime after that run and didn't get finished until late in the 3rd. Clay beat Pickett by 30 a few weeks ago and last night was much closer. Clay beat RBS by 20 a few weeks ago and RBS struggled with a bad Gville team. RBS has one big time player and if she doesn't score 30, PC is more than capable.

Were you at the game? They played JC 13-11 until halftime after that run and didn't get finished until late in the 3rd. Clay beat Pickett by 30 a few weeks ago and last night was much closer. Clay beat RBS by 20 a few weeks ago and RBS struggled with a bad Gville team. RBS has one big time player and if she doesn't score 30, PC is more than capable.

RBS has played terrible at the opposing teams gym all year long. The game against Gordonsville was basically a home game for Gville so struggling against them didn't suprise me whatsoever. If you go back throughout the season you will see what i'm saying is 95% correct. When they played Clay County, RBS dominated that game as Clay never really had a lead in that game. They brought it back close but it was never in doubt who was going to win the game, but the game at Clay County, RBS played terrible and Clay dominated the game. Again, the game against FCS at FCS went into overtime. However, when the game was at RBS just 2 nights later, RBS won by 21 points. No one expected RBS to beat Clarkrange and even come close to Jackson County last year and it happened, and RBS brings back pretty much the same exact team this year. So if you think RBS will go up against Clarkrange, Clay County, and Jackson County and get beat easily then you will be sadly dissappointed. If you think Clay County will go into FCS and walk away easily winning then again you will be sadly dissappointed. FCS is just down 1 player from when Clay lost to FCS last time and Clay County was far from dominating in the game against FCS at Clay County. FCS is a better team than Pickett County is so Clay better go into that game ready to play...

RBS has a good team, not just 1 player, and are VERY capable of playing with anyone in the region. Clay County is also a good team... I think both teams deserve alot of credit for the way they have played this season

what game are you talking about the score was 72-35 and was never close JC got out 20-0 over PC and the mercy rule in effect the 4th quarter

RBS won by 24 points but it was a good game at first....Clay County snuck by FCS it looked like and seemed like a very good game!

RBS won by 24 points but it was a good game at first....Clay County snuck by FCS it looked like and seemed like a very good game!

Clay was sick but they should still win that game by more. We'll see what they bring for JC. I think they match up well and Cooper's nose for offensive rebounds always gives them extra shots. The RBS-Pickett Co. game down to a charge call on PC that should have been a block on Colter and would have been her 4th foul. They hit a huge run immediately after that call that they don't get if she isn't in. Regardless, congrats to RBS for taking advantage of that opportunity and I'll be the first to say congrats on getting to the state tourney.

Clay was sick but they should still win that game by more. We'll see what they bring for JC. I think they match up well and Cooper's nose for offensive rebounds always gives them extra shots. The RBS-Pickett Co. game down to a charge call on PC that should have been a block on Colter and would have been her 4th foul. They hit a huge run immediately after that call that they don't get if she isn't in. Regardless, congrats to RBS for taking advantage of that opportunity and I'll be the first to say congrats on getting to the state tourney.

RBS had a ton of open looks early that were 15ft and in and didn't hit anything. Pickett County is not a very good team, but they are well coached and PC had a game plan and it worked pretty well. However, they just wasn't nowhere near talented enough to pull it through for 4 qtrs. They aren't in the state tournament yet and still have 3 games until they do so. They play a Trousdale County team who just got done beat Clarkrange at home, so playing RBS on a neutral court probably doesn't intimidate them one bit so I expect them to bring it...But with this being Coach White's last year I hope they go as far as they can!

Edited by swanson71

RBS had a ton of open looks early that were 15ft and in and didn't hit anything. Pickett County is not a very good team, but they are well coached and PC had a game plan and it worked pretty well. However, they just wasn't nowhere near talented enough to pull it through for 4 qtrs. They aren't in the state tournament yet and still have 3 games until they do so. They play a Trousdale County team who just got done beat Clarkrange at home, so playing RBS on a neutral court probably doesn't intimidate them one bit so I expect them to bring it...But with this being Coach White's last year I hope they go as far as they can!

I didn't realize that Coach White was stepping away from coaching. He has done an amazing job throughout the years. I know that many of the girls from Clay County/Celina that have played against him have nothing but respect for the man. I've always heard it said that Coach White has taken teams that were less talented for years and beaten better teams. The people who have said this were in no way downgrading the young ladies he has coached, rather just giving him an enormous compliment. How long has he coached? Any idea as to what his career record is? I'm sure that his fellow Region 4A coaches will miss the oppurtunity to match wits with him. He is one of the best that this area has ever seen.

I didn't realize that Coach White was stepping away from coaching. He has done an amazing job throughout the years. I know that many of the girls from Clay County/Celina that have played against him have nothing but respect for the man. I've always heard it said that Coach White has taken teams that were less talented for years and beaten better teams. The people who have said this were in no way downgrading the young ladies he has coached, rather just giving him an enormous compliment. How long has he coached? Any idea as to what his career record is? I'm sure that his fellow Region 4A coaches will miss the oppurtunity to match wits with him. He is one of the best that this area has ever seen.

I think he hit the 500 win mark this year, but i'm not sure on his exact record. Which talent in RBS is always up and down so he does the best with what he's had. A perfect example of taking lesser teams and winning was the 99-00 club who just won some 15 games and went to sub-state. He has been coaching since the mid 70's so he's been at RBS coaching girls basketball for some 30+ years...

Edited by swanson71