2011 Dixie Duals

bottrot

Hello Tennessee wrestlers and parents, My name is Scott Smith and for the past 4 years I have taken teams to the Dixie Duals. I put together teams of K-12th graders. I had two middle school teams and three high school teams last year. The first year I did this my son Ben was in the eighth grade and my thinking was I didn't want him to fall behind any farther to the kids he already couldn't beat. He got 4th in the state the last two years at 112 pounds and this year he went all the way and won the 125 lb. weight class. Even if he had never won it was still the right thing to do. He has always gotten very tough matches at the Dixie Duals. I'd say this year he had 5 very tough matches during the high school season. He will get more than that in 48 hours at the DD. If you are not on a team and would like to come please get in touch with me. My e-mail is servingyou247@yahoo.com My website is servingyou247.com scroll down to the bottom of the index and click on Alabama Select. I will blend you in with one of our teams. Last year I had several TN and FL wrestlers on our team. It was great. Everyone had fun and got good quality matches. Contact me if I can be of help. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Tennessee wrestlers and parents, My name is Scott Smith and for the past 4 years I have taken teams to the Dixie Duals. I put together teams of K-12th graders. I had two middle school teams and three high school teams last year. The first year I did this my son Ben was in the eighth grade and my thinking was I didn't want him to fall behind any farther to the kids he already couldn't beat. He got 4th in the state the last two years at 112 pounds and this year he went all the way and won the 125 lb. weight class. Even if he had never won it was still the right thing to do. He has always gotten very tough matches at the Dixie Duals. I'd say this year he had 5 very tough matches during the high school season. He will get more than that in 48 hours at the DD. If you are not on a team and would like to come please get in touch with me. My e-mail is servingyou247@yahoo.com My website is servingyou247.com scroll down to the bottom of the index and click on Alabama Select. I will blend you in with one of our teams. Last year I had several TN and FL wrestlers on our team. It was great. Everyone had fun and got good quality matches. Contact me if I can be of help. Thanks

I've had 5 or 6 TN wrestlers sign up this past week. Thanks guys. Get ready to get some great matches.

• 3 weeks later...

Which Alabama team or teams are you affiliated with? Just wondering. We just returned from competing in the 2011 Dixie Duals in the intermediate division. We did not have a good experience at all. The tournament was ran very poorly. The officiating was horrible. I spoke with the tournament director about these issues and his answer was he had heard nothing about them. So to all parents reading this, if you are not a high school team at this tournament you will not get treated fairly or with a great deal of respect. But they will gladly take a large sum of money from you.

• Upvote 1

Which Alabama team or teams are you affiliated with? Just wondering. We just returned from competing in the 2011 Dixie Duals in the intermediate division. We did not have a good experience at all. The tournament was ran very poorly. The officiating was horrible. I spoke with the tournament director about these issues and his answer was he had heard nothing about them. So to all parents reading this, if you are not a high school team at this tournament you will not get treated fairly or with a great deal of respect. But they will gladly take a large sum of money from you.

I agree. We will not be returning unless the format is changed to something similar to the AAU elementary duals for the little guys.

well I spent well over $500 to get some good novice competition. There were three teams that showed up, 1 Tennessee full team, 2 Alabama teams one had 5 wrestlers the other might have had 10. Long story short we showed up for a two day tourney and got 1 match. This is a high school tourney. They supposedly felt bad we did not get to wrestle so they were going to do exhibition matches on Sunday. They got 10 matches in then kicked us off the mat. It was 2:00 and we just left disgusted. I can appreciate what they are trying to do for wrestling in Alabama but to take our money and not let Us wrestle is a shame.

• Upvote 1