Region 4-AA at White Co. High School

swipper

Should be a good one, have to play Cannon Co. close to the chest, with hand in the face D. They can shoot the eyes out of it from the outside, not sure what they have on the inside. I believe it will be closer than you think:) Have to remember we had a 21 -1 run against the Indians not to long ago as well. The Lady Jackets tend to play with the competition they face.

The Lady Jackets were on fire last night..with this motivation and determination...All the girls played exceptional last night...I'm thinking close game.

Should be a good one, have to play Cannon Co. close to the chest, with hand in the face D. They can shoot the eyes out of it from the outside, not sure what they have on the inside. I believe it will be closer than you think:) Have to remember we had a 21 -1 run against the Indians not to long ago as well. The Lady Jackets tend to play with the competition they face.

I'm not going to make any predictions. I will just say that Cannon is playing their best ball of the season right now. This is really the first time the whole season that everyone has been reasonably healthy and they seem to be peaking at the right time. Even though the older Sissom girl holds the state record for career number of 3 pointers the offense does not revolve around her or any other player. They play team ball and anyone is capable of being the leading scorer on a given night. Last night all of the starters hit at least one 3 pointer but they also scored inside frequently. They play aggressive defense which creates a fair number of fast break opportunities.

Just because you think one team will win doesn't mean the other team is terrible, overrated, any other negative. Grundy did get a good run against Sequatchie in the district, but Sequatchie was able to cut it to something around 8 or 10. Both the regular season games could have gone either way (split with each winning at home). Cannon had a big lead at the end of the first quarter, at the half, and gave up some points inside in the third quarter but also nailed five more three pointers to completely put the game out of reach. 10-15 points isn't a lot really, you can have a single digit lead and make free throws the last minute to build up the margin.

Edited by Indian

I'm not going to make any predictions. I will just say that Cannon is playing their best ball of the season right now. This is really the first time the whole season that everyone has been reasonably healthy and they seem to be peaking at the right time. Even though the older Sissom girl holds the state record for career number of 3 pointers the offense does not revolve around her or any other player. They play team ball and anyone is capable of being the leading scorer on a given night. Last night all of the starters hit at least one 3 pointer but they also scored inside frequently. They play aggressive defense which creates a fair number of fast break opportunities.

Assuming that McMinn Central wins Region 3 AA, the winner of Region 4 AA should easily win their Substate game at home against the Region 3 AA runnerup.......which by my estimate will be East Hamilton if they beat Polk Co. on Monday).

Earlier this season, McMinn Central beat East Hamilton twice - one time by 36 and the other time by 30 - by blowouts (and yes, McMinn Central unloaded the bench and virtually had their JV team playing the 4th quarter). And McMinn Central beat Polk Co. by 46 for the District Championship Game last week. So, Region 3 AA is unusually weak overall this year. Region 4 AA is still their typical strong region with several stout teams. It will even be tough for McMinn Central to win their Substate Game at home against the Region 4 AA runnerup.

Anyway, you can see how important it is for a team in Region 4 AA to win the Championship!

The mtn girls LOVE that being counted out already could be only 1 moving on :hungry:

No disrespect to the "mountain girls" but these other 3 teams have proven to be in the top 10 of the state all year! I didnt say anybody was beating the "mtn girls"! Just said its a shame all 3 teams couldnt move on. I would say the same about the "mtn girls" but they have not earned it yet Hoss!!! :thumb:

No disrespect to the "mountain girls" but these other 3 teams have proven to be in the top 10 of the state all year! I didnt say anybody was beating the "mtn girls"! Just said its a shame all 3 teams couldnt move on. I would say the same about the "mtn girls" but they have not earned it yet Hoss!!! :thumb:

none taken sir, just know we played one of the 3 twice this year. If calling had been even they would have earned it UPP shot 97 freebees to 32 for our girls, what is wrong with this picture) when it was time for them to be polite and come to our humble court they cancelled. This has been alot of fuel for our girls and this is the first time since before Christmas that we actually have 9 healthy girls, no flu, strep or surgeries. :thumb: many don't remember we beat JC in the camp prior to season starting by 9. We can play some BBall

Edited by mtnman80

none taken sir, just know we played one of the 3 twice this year. If calling had been even they would have earned it UPP shot 97 freebees to 32 for our girls, what is wrong with this picture) when it was time for them to be polite and come to our humble court they cancelled. This has been alot of fuel for our girls and this is the first time since before Christmas that we actually have 9 healthy girls, no flu, strep or surgeries. :thumb: many don't remember we beat JC in the camp prior to season starting by 9. We can play some BBall

OMG I wish you would stop whining about the Upperman game and your fouls, and your coach always has an excuse for every thing. I have never seen in the Grundy County Herald not one time you guys lose and it be your fault. He always has a reason and it is never because the other team was better. Your girls play rough, they are aggressive, there is nothing wrong with that; however, haven't you ever noticed that when you play anywhere but on "the mountian" players foul out.

Beating someone in camp means nothing, camps are held at the beginning of the year, most of the time everyone gets to play, camps have running clocks, missing players, etc.

Grundy has some good players, but the other district has 3 good teams, and unfortunatly if history repeats itself the regions will be a total district 7 shut out.

One of the things I like about Grundy is they play with a lot of heart, and I wish them the best; but my prediction still stands.