Region 4-AA at White Co. High School

swipper

Barring a major upset in Region 3AA, Cannon will have to beat either Livingston or McMinn Central to reach the state tourney. Time to put your big girl panties on now.

I would have expected it to be E Hamilton traveling but the way they opened the region vs Sequoyah (5 point win) Polk may get it together and get past them. Either will have a major challenge at Livingston/Cannon. Either Livingston/Cannon is capable of winning at McMinn Central though I'd have to pick the hosts.

They ate alot of indian this year, guess what? only have 1 Senior on the team, loosing zero in THE STARTING ROTATIONS, Juniors and Sophmores.. with a sprinkle of Freshman. Got beat last night, sure did, Cannon Co. I tip my cap off to you ladies, As for you sarasarcasm, you will NEVER EVEN reach what these young ladies did this year :thumb:

I think the other post was a response to the :hungry: icon.

Grundy needs more than 7 points scored by the other players. All the teams in the district including Signal Mountain who will be in it next year still need a lot of work, compared to the 8-AA group or it will be more of the same next year.

I would have expected it to be E Hamilton traveling but the way they opened the region vs Sequoyah (5 point win) Polk may get it together and get past them. Either will have a major challenge at Livingston/Cannon. Either Livingston/Cannon is capable of winning at McMinn Central though I'd have to pick the hosts.

Unless East Hamilton has improved significantly from both their 30+ point losses to McMinn Central during the regular season, then they won't saty on the floor with Livingston or Cannon. And by virtue that East Hamilton struggled against Sequoyah last week, then apparently they've not improved that much.

Agree that Livingston or Cannon could win at McMinn Central.

I think the other post was a response to the :hungry: icon.

Grundy needs more than 7 points scored by the other players. All the teams in the district including Signal Mountain who will be in it next year still need a lot of work, compared to the 8-AA group or it will be more of the same next year.

I really think you will see a more spread out scoring next year, you will see the big girls get theirs, but you will also see more move up on scoring and support .You have to be balanced to compete. Your assumption was correct to the icon:)

Edited by mtnman80

I'm pulling for my LA neighbors in this game against Cannon and through out post season.They have a well coached team and a group of good players.I believe defense will be the key for them to win. It will be difficult to travel to Mcminn central and win, but either of these teams can but it will take their A game.

Cannon Co. wins in OT 54-48. They trailed,but close, 'til 1.06 then tied it up at 46.

All tourny, by school:

Upperman- T Randolph and K Biles

Grundy Co-Colfelt and Wiseman

LA- Miller,Maya and MacKenzie Sells

Cannon Co-King, Reed,E Sissom and Payne MVP.

Good well fought tourn! Congrats to CC, warm up the roundhouse, the lady cats coming to town!

Great game! I got my $5 worth. LA had Cannon on the ropes but the Lionettes reached down deep and managed to slip in a knockout punch at the end. Watch out McMinn Central, LA does not go down easy. Good luck to both 8AA district teams in the sectional. I hope Blitzinbuc is right about East Hamilton. I'm really, really glad I don't have to travel to that freakin round gym.

Cannon Co. wins in OT 54-48. They trailed,but close, 'til 1.06 then tied it up at 46.

All tourny, by school:

Upperman- T Randolph and K Biles

Grundy Co-Colfelt and Wiseman

LA- Miller,Maya and MacKenzie Sells

Cannon Co-King, Reed,E Sissom and Payne MVP.

Congratulations to Cannon Co. Was hoping for a rematch between them and McMinn Central - who's only loss was to Cannon Co. in December. But McMinn Central will have to beat a potent Livingston Academy team Saturday night - who probably won't be in a very good mood about losing back-to-back games.

The Sells young lady for Livingston played AAU ball with one of the Chargerettes, and I heard that Sells is awesome!!!

For you Cannon Co. fans, you WILL be going to Murfreesboro even if you played your JV team against East Hamilton.

Great game! I got my $5 worth. LA had Cannon on the ropes but the Lionettes reached down deep and managed to slip in a knockout punch at the end. Watch out McMinn Central, LA does not go down easy. Good luck to both 8AA district teams in the sectional. I hope Blitzinbuc is right about East Hamilton. I'm really, really glad I don't have to travel to that freakin round gym.

McMinn Central was ahead of East Hamilton 25-2 at the end of the first quarter. They folded like a tent to the full-court press. Cannon could play their JV and probably win!