Dresden vs.Lake Co

mrbigster

It does appear that in the future there may be a shot clock introduced. But until then, the best teams will not complain about it...they will find a way to stop it. Defense wins championships. Just my two cents.

Good luck to LC and Dresden!

So far Lake Co has been able to win against teams that play that kind of ball.Usually pretty hard to pass the ball that long with the speed that Lake Co has.And if Dresden does do that and Lake Co picks it off and makes some easy layups and gets the lead,going to be hard for Dresden if Lake Co spreads the ball and makes them come out of the zone.Like Daround said.Lake Co has 3 players that can hit the 3 ball.If they are on tonight,Lake Co should be in very good shape.If not..Lake ?Co still has a very good defense to hopefully still win the game.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So far Lake Co has been able to win against teams that play that kind of ball.Usually pretty hard to pass the ball that long with the speed that Lake Co has.And if Dresden does do that and Lake Co picks it off and makes some easy layups and gets the lead,going to be hard for Dresden if Lake Co spreads the ball and makes them come out of the zone.Like Daround said.Lake Co has 3 players that can hit the 3 ball.If they are on tonight,Lake Co should be in very good shape.If not..Lake ?Co still has a very good defense to hopefully still win the game.

I hear Dresden may play 4 on Offense and leave one on Defense all night. If they do that there will be no free layups. Also heard that Dreden had the Tark the Shark in talking about running and gunning, then they brought in Ray Allen to help on the 3 point shooting. After that they worked on their offense. I say Dresden will be 6/8 form the field tonight. Yep,8 shots all night the bad thing is lake county will only get 4. Dreden wins 13-10. Talk about a barn burner. No need for a shot clock just work on dribbling and the tssaa needs to take out the 5 second call. That punishes teams who dribble good.

I hear Dresden may play 4 on Offense and leave one on Defense all night. If they do that there will be no free layups. Also heard that Dreden had the Tark the Shark in talking about running and gunning, then they brought in Ray Allen to help on the 3 point shooting. After that they worked on their offense. I say Dresden will be 6/8 form the field tonight. Yep,8 shots all night the bad thing is lake county will only get 4. Dreden wins 13-10. Talk about a barn burner. No need for a shot clock just work on dribbling and the tssaa needs to take out the 5 second call. That punishes teams who dribble good.

THAT IS SOME GOOD STUFF. YOU ARE THE MAN.

That could be the key to the game tonight.Even if Dresden elects to hold the ball,how good are their guards at handling the ball?Like Hog said in an earlier post,that Greenfield played Lake Co close so why couldn't Dresden win since Dresden beat Greenfield.Greenfield didn't beat Union City or Bradford by much but Lake Co pretty well had their way with the exception on 1 of the 3 games against both teams.Greenfield got the ball down the floor and took good shots.Dresden probably got the ball down the court against Greenfield,who is not as quick and then the game settled into a half court game for both teams.Lake Co can play a half court game but how good are the Dresden guards?That is probably going to be the key to the game.Not saying they aren't very good.I haven't seen them.They may be ball handling wizards.But if they make lazy passes,have a tendencey to make drag a foot and walking after stopping very quick once they are double teamed..could spell trouble.We'll find out in just a few hours.

Bigster, Glisson is their best shooter...and their best player overall. Also, the big girl wont come out from under the goal....she'll camp out under there...waiting on people to drive inside.

To everyone else, may high school never have a shot clock. That's one of the things that makes high school ball so much better than pro ball. There's actually strategy and coaching in high school ball...unlike in pro ball which is run and gun, and whoever has the best player, who shoots nearly every shot, as they mindlessly run up and down the court....boring!!!! I dont even watch pro ball anymore.

College has a shot clock as well....not a good thing...have noticed a change in college sports due to it... but as least its a 45 second clock, which doesnt rush the game too much....but, still I'm for NO SHOT CLOCK.

I would hate to see high school basketball ruined.

Bigster, Glisson is their best shooter...and their best player overall. Also, the big girl wont come out from under the goal....she'll camp out under there...waiting on people to drive inside.

To everyone else, may high school never have a shot clock. That's one of the things that makes high school ball so much better than pro ball. There's actually strategy and coaching in high school ball...unlike in pro ball which is run and gun, and whoever has the best player, who shoots nearly every shot, as they mindlessly run up and down the court....boring!!!! I dont even watch pro ball anymore.

College has a shot clock as well....not a good thing...have noticed a change in college sports due to it... but as least its a 45 second clock, which doesnt rush the game too much....but, still I'm for NO SHOT CLOCK.

I actually agree with you on this.I like watching Lake Co play teams that like to run but at the same time like you said ,it makes some of the lesser talented teams hopefully have a chance.There are a lot of teams smaller than Lake Co that just may not have the athletes and the only way they can win or at least keep from getting blown out is to play that way.Lake Co may have to play that kind of ball a few years from now.Never know.I still hope Dresden tries to run tonight but will still agree with you for the overall good of high school programs .Some schools just will never be able to compete.

I still want to see how she matches up with the speed of Carnation once Carnation gets the ball down low.Carnation is going to have to go to her left or right and not charge.Same for T.T.Going to have to stop for a short jumper instead of charging.People may not realize it but T.T. can really get up.Lake Co has went against Liberty last year when they had two girls about 6'4 and played Central with their center about 6'2.I think Lake Co will be ok against a taller team.

More than likely T.T. will be on Glisson.If not probably Shamone .

Congratulations to Lake County. They were the better team tonight. Very quick, good shooting, and good pressure on the ball. Hey, give us some credit too, we didn't stall. I thought 23-13 at halftime was pretty good, but nobody can play catch up with the falcons.

Thanks Dresden for a great season. 22-9 is a good season and I think we have alot to build on. Also a big thanks to #3 and #35 for 4 wonderful years.

2011 Champs will be Lake County in the Boro. Good Luck