Red Boiling Springs vs Jackson County

swanson71

i agree she may have been the best defensive player in the tourney and those 3 three pointers she made was a killer for RBS

Hope is the most improved player on the team. A great player, on a greatteam.

Congratulations JC. I believe another gold ball is within reach. I really dont't

want to beat a dead horse. But RBS is going to blow another state champ season.

They have the athletes again. The big difference in region 4 game was coaching.

A very average coach that has always padded his skeduale to achieve wins. The

JC coach Jim Brown who has always played the very best teams, and is without

doubt the best high school coach in the state. And for teams that are looking

to improve, get a strong fairminded coach, work with the parents to encourage

support. And work to have a great school system. The fans will support this

effort. Again JC is blessed with all this. It did not just happen, they work

at it every day. They don't have to recruit kids, and parents, want to be part

of this. Go JC>

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even though she didn't make the tournament team I think a round of applause should go to Hope Scantland.

It is a shame there is no stat for defense. Hope held Sydney Roach to 4 points and held Lacey in check all night. She has consistently guarded the best players in the state night after night. Her fans recognize this.

It would be great if all tournament selection did include good defensive play, but in today's game it is usually about the points you score. Most tournaments have a difficult time putting 5 from any team on the all tournament team.

#5 truly had an all tournament tournament.

I agree with 07. JC's tough schedule did a better job of preparing them for games like last night than RBS's schedule did them. I thought that they got down and even seemed to tire some as the game move along. One thing that people overlook is that of game condition. When you are in several tough games not only do you become mentally tougher but physically tougher, too.

Good luck to both teams in the substate and hopefully the state.

Edited by midtnbb

It is a shame there is no stat for defense. Hope held Sydney Roach to 4 points and held Lacey in check all night. She has consistently guarded the best players in the state night after night. Her fans recognize this.

I wish they would stop just looking at who puts up the most points to be considered for the all tournament team. A great player might not put up a many points as some of the others but they can keep an opposing team's great player from scoring a lot. It would take a little more effort to pick a team by using this method but I think that would be a fair way of picking their team.

• 5 weeks later...

I think you are right about Hope, she is awesome and deserved all tournament. She is great on both sides of the ball. That being said, I do believe some all tournament trophys were given for defense. Morgan Burgner, RBS, played some of the best defense in her district and that is y she got all tourney.

The better the team finishes in the tournament, the more players on that team get all tournament awards...From what I saw out of the tournament the right people got the right awards....

Edited by swanson71