RICK BOLUS RANKINGS

daroundball

True that. I ask because of the first few lines of the initial post:

Rick Bolus' High Potential® Basketball Recruiting Service, Inc.

Girls ~ November 2010 Edition

Including January-April 2011 Updates

Tennessee’s Top Rising Prospects For 2010-2011

I agree credibility of list is suspect. I know that it says For 2010-2011, but there are 25 seniors listed out of the 98. If you look at his site, enourages you to hurry up and sign up for a camp because they had to turn so many away last summer. Then goes on to state "Regardless of your playing ability, :huh: there is a spot for you at “Blue-Chip.†So is there room or not? All of the quotes regarding caliber of camp are attributed to "Tennessee Women's College Coach", "Pick-a-state" Women's College Coach". I think he built a name for himself on the guys side of the sport. Remember Recruiting Service is his business.

To answer your question at the same time not answer your question, several D1's and some NAIA schools. Not my kids and don't want to mess up their chances by speaking out of turn.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My daughter is on the list as well and has never been to any of his camps. They're some other girls on his list who hasn't been to any of his camps as well....

Please understand, I am happy for your daughter, and hope that it leads to great things for her. The same is true for all the girls on the list. It is the credibility of the inclusiveness of the list that is in question, not the players on the list. Look at his list since about 2006 and see if there is not a pattern of particular areas of the state that he focuses on more than others. Just for reference, there will be three freshmen that will be starting in the Women's NCAA tournament for their respective teams. One was listed in his best of the rest for last year while the other two were not on his national or regional lists at all.

Edited by KeeperFan15

There's no way to judge right now whether the list is a "joke" or 100 percent accurate, that these players will have college careers corresponding to their rankings. Either of those opinions would be silly, it will be somewhere in the middle. You need to look at it again in a few years. Here's his list of his top 25 from a few years ago and who they signed/played with. Some were misses, most that I'm aware of have done fairly well to very well. That's how it will be with the current group of his prospects. He also had Kayla Christopher, Faith Dupree, listed as freshmen. It's easy to list SEC signees, not so easy to list and rank underclassmen.

Cait McMahan 5-6 Sr. PG Maryville Heritage, Tennessee (injured)

Keke Stewart 6-0 Sr. C Oak Ridge MTSU

Bianca Thomas 5-11 Sr. G Henderson Chester Co. Ole Miss (two time All-SEC first team)

LaKendra Phillips 5-11 Sr. SM Ridgeway Florida/Ole Miss?

Caitlin Hollifield 6-0 Jr. C Powell Alabama/W Carolina

Jessica Mooney 5-9 Sr. G Nashville Hillsboro Vandy

Jackie Pickel 5-8 Sr. PG Bradley Central MTSU

Kerri Simpson 5-8 Jr. G Cleveland Florida/Stetson

Angela Puleo 5-9 Jr. PG William Blount Georgia/Vandy

Anne Marie Lanning 5-9 Jr. G Riverdale, MTSU

Janay Armstrong 6-1 Sr. C Shelbyville West Virginia/Austin Peay

Jasmine Hassell 6-2 Fr. C Wilson Central, Georgia

Top Sleeper Valencia Tucker 5-8 Jr. SM BTW Memphis

Second 12 Alyson Butler 5-10 Sr. PG W. Valley

Glory Johnson 6-3 So. F-C Knoxville Webb Tenn

Jazmine Taylor 5-9 Sr. SM Ridgeway Ark State

Brandi Brown 6-2 Sr. C York Inst. MTSU

Ashley Herring 5-10 Jr. SM Bartlett Austin Peay

Whitney Houston 5-7 Sr. G Hillcrest UTEP

Savannah Hill 6-1½ Jr. F-C Lincoln Co. Samford

Rakeshia Perry 6-0 So. C Trenton Peabody Freed-Hardeman

Valarie Bronson 5-10 Jr. PG Clarksville Lipscomb

Kali Holtfreter 5-11 Sr. G Hendersonville Furman

Jasmine Robinson 6-1 So. C Knoxville Austin-East Walters State

Alex Jarrell 6-3 So. C Shelbyville Central Pepperdine

There's no way to judge right now whether the list is a "joke" or 100 percent accurate, that these players will have college careers corresponding to their rankings. Either of those opinions would be silly, it will be somewhere in the middle. You need to look at it again in a few years. Here's his list of his top 25 from a few years ago and who they signed/played with. Some were misses, most that I'm aware of have done fairly well to very well. That's how it will be with the current group of his prospects. He also had Kayla Christopher, Faith Dupree, listed as freshmen. It's easy to list SEC signees, not so easy to list and rank underclassmen.

Cait McMahan 5-6 Sr. PG Maryville Heritage, Tennessee (injured)

Keke Stewart 6-0 Sr. C Oak Ridge MTSU

Bianca Thomas 5-11 Sr. G Henderson Chester Co. Ole Miss (two time All-SEC first team)

LaKendra Phillips 5-11 Sr. SM Ridgeway Florida/Ole Miss?

Caitlin Hollifield 6-0 Jr. C Powell Alabama/W Carolina

Jessica Mooney 5-9 Sr. G Nashville Hillsboro Vandy

Jackie Pickel 5-8 Sr. PG Bradley Central MTSU

Kerri Simpson 5-8 Jr. G Cleveland Florida/Stetson

Angela Puleo 5-9 Jr. PG William Blount Georgia/Vandy

Anne Marie Lanning 5-9 Jr. G Riverdale, MTSU

Janay Armstrong 6-1 Sr. C Shelbyville West Virginia/Austin Peay

Jasmine Hassell 6-2 Fr. C Wilson Central, Georgia

Top Sleeper Valencia Tucker 5-8 Jr. SM BTW Memphis

Second 12 Alyson Butler 5-10 Sr. PG W. Valley

Glory Johnson 6-3 So. F-C Knoxville Webb Tenn

Jazmine Taylor 5-9 Sr. SM Ridgeway Ark State

Brandi Brown 6-2 Sr. C York Inst. MTSU

Ashley Herring 5-10 Jr. SM Bartlett Austin Peay

Whitney Houston 5-7 Sr. G Hillcrest UTEP

Savannah Hill 6-1½ Jr. F-C Lincoln Co. Samford

Rakeshia Perry 6-0 So. C Trenton Peabody Freed-Hardeman

Valarie Bronson 5-10 Jr. PG Clarksville Lipscomb

Kali Holtfreter 5-11 Sr. G Hendersonville Furman

Jasmine Robinson 6-1 So. C Knoxville Austin-East Walters State

Alex Jarrell 6-3 So. C Shelbyville Central Pepperdine

The Butler girl signed with and played at with Alabama.

The Butler girl signed with and played at with Alabama.

Yeah, I accidentally erased that part when pulling up the space from the next name. All 3 Cleveland schools had a highly rated senior that year.

There are problems I have with the current list, among them Chadarryl Clay and Jenna Adams too low. But surely nobody can argue that the majority of the state's top prospects especially among juniors and seniors are listed somewhere on it.

• 2 weeks later...

This has been a very interesting discussion regarding the Rick Bolus Rankings...GC Pioneer it makes you think really seriously about doing what I asked you to do doesnt it?

Seriously though, my experience with Rick Bolus is that his top 24 are usually pretty accurate and then after that it gets a little suspect as far as ranking. Parents and players should approach it as follows:

If you are on the list then it is an honor. It means you are probably a pretty good player.It is not a guarantee that college coaches really consider that you are a top 25 player, top 50, etc. It is not even really a guarantee that you are good enough to play college basketball at any level...

If you are not on the list then that is fine too! I know of a handful Low/Mid NCAA Div 1/High NAIA--Top 25/High DII caliber players who are not anywhere in the top 100 and I know that they are definitely in the top 50 players in the state!

I do want to defend Rick here though. Some of you have touched on this. There is no way that he sees everyone in the state. He does depend on information being fed to him and seeing players play in his camp does obviously give him the chance to evaluate players first hand. However, I think it is unfair to downgrade the importance of this list as a recruiting service and there really is not anything political going on.He may just not have been told about a kid, may have caught them on a rough night, etc. Also, if a college coach is recruiting a kid and they are flying under the radar, do you think they call Rick Bolus to make sure that he gets her on the top 100 list?

The Rick Bolus list does serve a a reference for most coaches. However, I dont think anyone is going to depend solely on any one recruiting service or list when recruiting.

I hope this answers some questions about this particular list. It is valid but certainly not perfect.

This has been a very interesting discussion regarding the Rick Bolus Rankings...GC Pioneer it makes you think really seriously about doing what I asked you to do doesnt it?

Seriously though, my experience with Rick Bolus is that his top 24 are usually pretty accurate and then after that it gets a little suspect as far as ranking. Parents and players should approach it as follows:

If you are on the list then it is an honor. It means you are probably a pretty good player.It is not a guarantee that college coaches really consider that you are a top 25 player, top 50, etc. It is not even really a guarantee that you are good enough to play college basketball at any level...

If you are not on the list then that is fine too! I know of a handful Low/Mid NCAA Div 1/High NAIA--Top 25/High DII caliber players who are not anywhere in the top 100 and I know that they are definitely in the top 50 players in the state!

I do want to defend Rick here though. Some of you have touched on this. There is no way that he sees everyone in the state. He does depend on information being fed to him and seeing players play in his camp does obviously give him the chance to evaluate players first hand. However, I think it is unfair to downgrade the importance of this list as a recruiting service and there really is not anything political going on.He may just not have been told about a kid, may have caught them on a rough night, etc. Also, if a college coach is recruiting a kid and they are flying under the radar, do you think they call Rick Bolus to make sure that he gets her on the top 100 list?

The Rick Bolus list does serve a a reference for most coaches. However, I dont think anyone is going to depend solely on any one recruiting service or list when recruiting.

I hope this answers some questions about this particular list. It is valid but certainly not perfect.

LOL, I wouldn't mind it and would probably actually love to do it....we'd just have to see.

• 2 months later...

...if a college coach is recruiting a kid and they are flying under the radar, do you think they call Rick Bolus to make sure that he gets her on the top 100 list?

Good points.

Latest update, let the griping begin :roflol:

http://www.kyprephoops.com/1112/May11BolusTNGirls.html

My main gripe, again, C. Clay too low in the list. There are also some minor things like misspelled names and at least one 2011 graduate listed as a rising senior.

• 3 weeks later...