daroundball

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good points.

Latest update, let the griping begin :roflol:

http://www.kyprephoops.com/1112/May11BolusTNGirls.html

My main gripe, again, C. Clay too low in the list. There are also some minor things like misspelled names and at least one 2011 graduate listed as a rising senior.

Looked up the June 2011 update, you have some wrong info on it. The Robinette girl has already graduated, you definitely have the second top 12 messed up, could not believe the ranking on some. Some way to high others not even on the list

It's not my list.

Yeah, Robinette is on there still, she was listed in the right grade last year so probably just left on by mistake.

I think you might be confusing his ranking process, best as I can gather. This is a prospect list, his opinion on which players have the best potential to sign at the high to mid-level. Playing on a Riverdale or Memp Central can't hurt publicity, for sure, but it looks to be more on what's done in the summer. It's not a top scoring list, or players on high school teams that have done the best. Playing on a top level summer team doesn't necessarily mean a player is a prospect, same as playing YBOA or an equivalent mean a girl has less ability due only to playing at that level. All that I'm familiar with in the top 25 either are Division I commitments or have been offered, though that doesn't necessarily make a top player (McMinn Central's Adams last year went to Lee).

Are there some missing that probably should be on it, sure. Are some on it that may not have been as consistent as others, might have the right folks talking them up, probably. Some have given up the game, it's been said, others might finish out in high school but not play in college due to a variety of possible reasons. Still it seems clear to me the majority of top prospects are on it each year and that's about all that can be asked of such an effort.

Edited by Indian

It's not my list.

Yeah, Robinette is on there still, she was listed in the right grade last year so probably just left on by mistake.

I think you might be confusing his ranking process, best as I can gather. This is a prospect list, his opinion on which players have the best potential to sign at the high to mid-level. Playing on a Riverdale or Memp Central can't hurt publicity, for sure, but it looks to be more on what's done in the summer. It's not a top scoring list, or players on high school teams that have done the best. Playing on a top level summer team doesn't necessarily mean a player is a prospect, same as playing YBOA or an equivalent mean a girl has less ability due only to playing at that level. All that I'm familiar with in the top 25 either are Division I commitments or have been offered, though that doesn't necessarily make a top player (McMinn Central's Adams last year went to Lee).

Are there some missing that probably should be on it, sure. Are some on it that may not have been as consistent as others, might have the right folks talking them up, probably. Some have given up the game, it's been said, others might finish out in high school but not play in college due to a variety of possible reasons. Still it seems clear to me the majority of top prospects are on it each year and that's about all that can be asked of such an effort.

Never stated that this was your list, Just believe that the rating of some of these young ladies are to high. Seen the majority of these girls play in the Summers and some during regular season. Seeing the rankings for the second group, tells me that someone had to be doing some major talking. The sleeper for that group should be on the inside looking out. another girl in the 40 should be there also. Some in the 12 shouldn't be there

Edited by mtnman80

• 2 weeks later...

this is more like boggus list rather than bolus list , how many miss bb or all state tourney players have ever made this list . If your not in a favorite camps you'll never be listed and the listed more times than not never make the impact expected from a supposely elite list.

Not saying the list is good or bad, but this list is a list of players he feels is ready for the next level. Some players will get missed. But the stats of the kid in high school may not reflect the ability of the kid at the next level. Some good post players may not get a chance to shine in high school. Some guards may also be in the same boat. At times in high school some kids like to take to many shots that causes others to miss out on a chance to shine. At the end of the day this is a list for college.

this is more like boggus list rather than bolus list , how many miss bb or all state tourney players have ever made this list . If your not in a favorite camps you'll never be listed and the listed more times than not never make the impact expected from a supposely elite list.

That was silly..in about 30 seconds you could look back and see Daniel, Sells, Barbee, Butler and Clay, last year' Division I and II Miss BB winners, were all ranked.

Which players are missing in your view? Go back and you'll find the vast majority of the time, college standouts were ranked.