Lawrence County @ Mcminn County

volunteercat56

Didn't see much talk about either teams on the message boards so I guess I'll try to get some chatter going. Lawrence County will travel to Athens, Tn (maybe?) to take Mcminn County Monday. Don't know really anything about Mcminn County, maybe people can provide some insight on their team. Lawrence County has a long trip ahead of them. This being said, Lawrence County will bring a great crowd. This is the first sub-state game for Lawrence County in 40+ years, so our community is very excited and proud for the Wildcats. Hopefully some folks from east Tennessee can shed some light on Mcminn County.

Didn't see much talk about either teams on the message boards so I guess I'll try to get some chatter going. Lawrence County will travel to Athens, Tn (maybe?) to take Mcminn County Monday. Don't know really anything about Mcminn County, maybe people can provide some insight on their team. Lawrence County has a long trip ahead of them. This being said, Lawrence County will bring a great crowd. This is the first sub-state game for Lawrence County in 40+ years, so our community is very excited and proud for the Wildcats. Hopefully some folks from east Tennessee can shed some light on Mcminn County.

McMinn's first trip in 19 years very athletic, kinda up and down, but mostly up. Good guard play with some guys that can jump out of the gym. Interested to see how they fare.

Interesting that one of Mcminn's starters is Nathan Simbeck, a 6'-3" Junior, who's family is from Lawrence Co.

As someone stated, McMinn is very athletic and if they're playing good basketball they can play with most anyone. However, if they're not playing good basketball, then can lose to most anyone. The Cherokees have been playing pretty good basketball as of late, so maybe they're finally gelling.

BTW, McMinn has a very large gym....so bring all the folks you want. The campus is located on a major 4 lane highway (Hwy. 11) which is just a couple miles off I-75. Plus, there's an abundance of good eating places closeby. Drive safe!

Interesting that one of Mcminn's starters is Nathan Simbeck, a 6'-3" Junior, who's family is from Lawrence Co.

As someone stated, McMinn is very athletic and if they're playing good basketball they can play with most anyone. However, if they're not playing good basketball, then can lose to most anyone. The Cherokees have been playing pretty good basketball as of late, so maybe they're finally gelling.

BTW, McMinn has a very large gym....so bring all the folks you want. The campus is located on a major 4 lane highway (Hwy. 11) which is just a couple miles off I-75. Plus, there's an abundance of good eating places closeby. Drive safe!

No need to worry about places to eat LC will pack a lunch and be prepared to play all out for 4 quarters. Players have already left and got a hotel in Cleveland. School will let out at 11 tomorrow for the 3 1/2 hour drive to Mcminn. Good luck CATS from Giles County.

No need to worry about places to eat LC will pack a lunch and be prepared to play all out for 4 quarters. Players have already left and got a hotel in Cleveland. School will let out at 11 tomorrow for the 3 1/2 hour drive to Mcminn. Good luck CATS from Giles County.

Dad times Five, haven't heard much from you around the Lawrence County message boards. Hope all is going well. As you stated, the boys did leave around one o' clock this afternoon and will spend the night at Cleveland tonight. There will also be one, possibly two pep buses departing from Lawrenceburg around 12 or 1 tomorrow afternoon who will be ready to watch a great game. I think it is also worth noting that as previously stated this is the first trip to substate for both teams, which will hopefully make some for some passionate, emotional basketball. One more thing, Is Mcminn County very large down low or are they more of a run n' gun type team? I think either way Lawrence County should be able to adapt and eventually execute their gameplan.

Dad times Five, haven't heard much from you around the Lawrence County message boards. Hope all is going well. As you stated, the boys did leave around one o' clock this afternoon and will spend the night at Cleveland tonight. There will also be one, possibly two pep buses departing from Lawrenceburg around 12 or 1 tomorrow afternoon who will be ready to watch a great game. I think it is also worth noting that as previously stated this is the first trip to substate for both teams, which will hopefully make some for some passionate, emotional basketball. One more thing, Is Mcminn County very large down low or are they more of a run n' gun type team? I think either way Lawrence County should be able to adapt and eventually execute their gameplan.

McMinn is a suprise team to say the least. They have quick gaurd play and are explosive to the hole. They have what I would call blue collar post that work hard to keep the ball in play. The post earlier is correct, they can beat anyone or lose to anyone any given night. LC just depends on which team you get??????

As a Summertown fan, I wish our county rival the best!!!! Good luck tonight!!!!!! How great would it be if we both would win and all three schools in the county be represented in state tournaments with the Loretto girls. Lets make it a county three way invading the Boro the next 2 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great game played by both teams last night. Lawrence Co. made some mistakes in the second half that they could not overcome. Mciminn seemed to carry the momentum the entire second half. Although I hardly ever like to complain about officiating, I will try to bring a fact into this argument instead of simply an opinion. At one point in the second half, the foul count in the game was 10 fouls for Lawrence County to 3 for Mcminn County. Keep in mind, that this was before the Wildcats used the strategy of fouling late in the game. This did not win the game for the Cherokees, but it could have factored in somewhat.