McMinn Central vs David Lipscomb

jwcardin

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have not seen all the team playing this week, but Macon County has some size.

True, Macon County is very big, but their big girls do not get up and down the floor very well. No disrespect intended - they are very good and one of them - who, by the way, may have one of the best names in AA baskeball - Calamity Jane Coley - has been hurt. But, on a good day you would not describe them as "fleet of foot."

The David Lipscomb Lady Mustangs do not have a lot of size except in one category - heart. They just keep finding ways to win when no one gives them a chance. On paper they come up short against a very talented and big McMinn team, but they did as well against Lewis County, Macon County and Sycamore. Although they ended up on the short end of the stick against Macon County (going to the free throw line for just 6 shots the entire game vs. Macon's 17 FTs), they just keep finding a way to win in elimination games.

No predictions here, I'm just saying don't pencil anyone in round 2 just yet.

Hope all of the teams have a safe trip to the 'Boro.

GO LADY MUSTANGS!!

True, Macon County is very big, but their big girls do not get up and down the floor very well. No disrespect intended - they are very good and one of them - who, by the way, may have one of the best names in AA baskeball - Calamity Jane Coley - has been hurt. But, on a good day you would not describe them as "fleet of foot."

The David Lipscomb Lady Mustangs do not have a lot of size except in one category - heart. They just keep finding ways to win when no one gives them a chance. On paper they come up short against a very talented and big McMinn team, but they did as well against Lewis County, Macon County and Sycamore. Although they ended up on the short end of the stick against Macon County (going to the free throw line for just 6 shots the entire game vs. Macon's 17 FTs), they just keep finding a way to win in elimination games.

No predictions here, I'm just saying don't pencil anyone in round 2 just yet.

Hope all of the teams have a safe trip to the 'Boro.

GO LADY MUSTANGS!!

Anybody can win at Murfreesboro. Noone backs into the state tournament. All the teams remaining are good, and they all deserve to be there.

Not sure about all the hate here for my buddy blitzinbuc but I think there has not been any negative comments from him on this thread. Must wins from here on out. A bad night, poor shooting, foul trouble, injuries or any other unforseen maladies will get your team a bus ride home. Maybe the Chargerettes " experience" helps them bring home the Gold Ball in 2011.

Doing a little research it seems that DL is sorta like LA with the exception of some size. I think if the Chargerettes defend the perimeter and own the boards they have a great shot of advancing today. No doubt all teams here are good.

Not sure about all the hate here for my buddy blitzinbuc but I think there has not been any negative comments from him on this thread. Must wins from here on out. A bad night, poor shooting, foul trouble, injuries or any other unforseen maladies will get your team a bus ride home. Maybe the Chargerettes " experience" helps them bring home the Gold Ball in 2011.

Thank you Warhorse. I've not been negative in any thread that I know of - just stating the facts. Some fans of other teams still have their butts chapped over the facts I give them because they just can't accept the truth. I've been praying for them, though.

62 48. GO CHARGERS!! The game was never close.

I'd have to disagree with you on your last statement about the game not being close. Central had a 7 point lead starting the 4th quarter, and a 10 point lead with 3 minutes to go in the game.....which means that DL was certainly withing striking range. Central did pull away at the end, though. I'm thrilled they survived the trap game!

I reminded everyone the other day that we weren't playing Livingston Academy again - these teams over here are here for a reason!

Edited by blitzinbuc