AA Final Four

jwcardin

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All four good teams! Cannon and MC is a very tough semi-final matchup, IMO whoever wins that game will win it all. Perimeter play and coaching edge to CC. Inside play and def pressure edge to MC. Cannon all the way!!!

Johnny Morgan: 700+ wins, TSSAA Hall of Fame, 71% winning percentage, 11 District Titles, 10 Region Titles, 20 sub-state appearances, 10 state tourney appearances, 3 silver balls, 2 TN Miss Basketballs (after Saturday)...and you say coaching edge to CC? Good call friend.

Johnny Morgan: 700+ wins, TSSAA Hall of Fame, 71% winning percentage, 11 District Titles, 10 Region Titles, 20 sub-state appearances, 10 state tourney appearances, 3 silver balls, 2 TN Miss Basketballs (after Saturday)...and you say coaching edge to CC? Good call friend.

Morgan is a good coach no doubt but put Barney in that CREAM PUFF district and region for 20+ years and he would have the same results! half the battle is to get to the boro and then anything can happen.

Morgan is a good coach no doubt but put Barney in that CREAM PUFF district and region for 20+ years and he would have the same results! half the battle is to get to the boro and then anything can happen.

Give Johnny all the talent that comes out of the Upper Cumberland and he's already got a few gold balls for Cannon.

Give Johnny all the talent that comes out of the Upper Cumberland and he's already got a few gold balls for Cannon.

Not from the upper cumberland. I been all over the state watching basketball and that is arguably the weakest district/region in the state year in and year out. But his record speaks for itself and are good enough for the Hall. Also the upper cumberland has produced several gold balls along with other teams from the west and east, so dont under estimate the coaching ability from someone who coaches in one of the toughest districts/regions in the state. I am not saying he is better but he coaches in a tougher league.

Not from the upper cumberland. I been all over the state watching basketball and that is arguably the weakest district/region in the state year in and year out. But his record speaks for itself and are good enough for the Hall. Also the upper cumberland has produced several gold balls along with other teams from the west and east, so dont under estimate the coaching ability from someone who coaches in one of the toughest districts/regions in the state. I am not saying he is better but he coaches in a tougher league.

I know man and I don't mean any disrespect. I'm a Central graduate and biased as heck. I've watched them lose twice in the championship, and will be there Saturday to hopefully see them win one finally. Cannon's got a great coach, looked him up after my post to make sure I hadn't put my foot in my mouth. A gold ball is the only thing Coach Morgan doesn't have. I feel like this is the year. I'm glad we get to play Cannon again to try. If we beat ya'll and win, we truly deserve it.

I know man and I don't mean any disrespect. I'm a Central graduate and biased as heck. I've watched them lose twice in the championship, and will be there Saturday to hopefully see them win one finally. Cannon's got a great coach, looked him up after my post to make sure I hadn't put my foot in my mouth. A gold ball is the only thing Coach Morgan doesn't have. I feel like this is the year. I'm glad we get to play Cannon again to try. If we beat ya'll and win, we truly deserve it.

The winner of this one brings home a Gold ball on Saturday. I hope its CC. :thumb:

Unbiased but no way you can say Dodgen is a better coach at this stage of his career. Who knows what the future holds and this game doesn't make one coach better than the other. central has held its own against the upper cumberland schools, so to me the weak district thing isn't a good gage.

Unbiased but no way you can say Dodgen is a better coach at this stage of his career. Who knows what the future holds and this game doesn't make one coach better than the other. central has held its own against the upper cumberland schools, so to me the weak district thing isn't a good gage.

My comment is my opinion. You take all the past games out of the equation, watch these two this eve, watch how they make dec and handle their team, how they use their timeouts, and how they handle the pressure. Then we will continue this debate. My point will be who is the best coach today not 5 years ago. Heck the coach that does the best may not even win!