Freshman at the state tournament...

GCPioneer

After attending todays AA and AAA games in Murfreesboro, I've come away with the conclusion that this might be the best bunch of Freshman players that I've seen in Murfreesboro at the same time playing on the biggest stage. These Freshman were extremely impressive and showed tons of poise considering they were playing in the state tournaments. Some of these Freshman were also the difference makers in their game today. I'll throw out a list of the Freshman that impressed me today. Most of these girls will be big time players by their Senior seasons. Give thoughts and opinions. (Keep in mind this is only from the AA,AAA games today)

- Alisa Guariola, #23, McMinn Central

- Loren Cagle, #3, David Lipscomb

- Abby Sissom, #5, Cannon Co.

- Tianna Carter, #10, Science Hill

- Tia Wooten, #22, Memphis Central

All 5 of these players will be big time players by their Senior season. To be contributing to their teams like they were today as Freshman in a state tournament game was extremely impressive.

After attending todays AA and AAA games in Murfreesboro, I've come away with the conclusion that this might be the best bunch of Freshman players that I've seen in Murfreesboro at the same time playing on the biggest stage. These Freshman were extremely impressive and showed tons of poise considering they were playing in the state tournaments. Some of these Freshman were also the difference makers in their game today. I'll throw out a list of the Freshman that impressed me today. Most of these girls will be big time players by their Senior seasons. Give thoughts and opinions. (Keep in mind this is only from the AA,AAA games today)

All 5 of these players will be big time players by their Senior season. To be contributing to their teams like they were today as Freshman in a state tournament game was extremely impressive.

agreed if you are there today check out north greene fresh. #32 mcneese she hit the game winner on wed. aginst lake co. she is gona be a good one and fresh. j.c. coe from jackson co is another one who was very impressive in loss to loretto

Edited by catsfan01

Cant leave out Riverdale freshman ALexa Middleton not sure of her stats but she starts and averages double figures. Word on the street she has already been offered a schollie by NC State. Micah Norris at Blackman is another who will make some noise in the future. There's also two more From Rutherford County that didnt make it to the murphy Center Shelby Davenport at Siegel and Emily Eubanks at Oakland

Cant leave out Riverdale freshman ALexa Middleton not sure of her stats but she starts and averages double figures. Word on the street she has already been offered a schollie by NC State. Micah Norris at Blackman is another who will make some noise in the future. There's also two more From Rutherford County that didnt make it to the murphy Center Shelby Davenport at Siegel and Emily Eubanks at Oakland

#10 from SH name is Tianna Tarter. She will be the real deal. Great team-player, sees the floor well and can take just about anyone off the dribble. Too many players try to do too much, but not Tarter, she gets everyone involved and that's becoming a rare thing. Hat's off to the Hill. Keep playing well and show the Boro that the northeast Tn. girls got game!

Most of these girls play travel ball and play against good competition during the spring and summer. Many play "up" in age divisions...so they are not in awe of junior and seniors. Playing in tournaments every week where its win or go home after pool play also helps with composure. The future of Tennessee girls basketball is truly bright. Now if we could get a shot clock......

I posted the obvious fact of some great athletes coming on the scene back in October. Those mentioned are obviously great players but there are many others and time will only tell. But remember the way these things work is up and downs as far as classes work out.

Other female sports have the same type quality athletes. Better training and obviously better conditioning(especially this) is being done. The systems and the coaching is not only better but borders on being outstanding. If anything, noticing this would do nothing but understate the facts. Plenty of talent, freshman/senior in this state.

Edited by PHargis