Macon Co. vs McMinn Central for championship in AA

Tennesseefanatic

32 members have voted

1. 1. who You Got and Why?

Well, I have thought throughout this year that McMinn Central was the toughest team in AA. I can honestly say that I wouldn't have wanted to play anyone else in the finals. Sure, Macon County will need to play great ball to be able to beat them. But if you want to BE the best team in the state, you need to BEAT the best teams in the state!

Good luck to both teams tomorrow. I hope it winds up being a great game with both sides playing giving 100%. I'm sure the gym will be PACKED!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Little boy isn't it your bedtime?

LOL....that the best you can do? He makes valid points....although the refs did kinda get picky today.

I just hope that the refs will stay consistent either way. If you are gonna call all the hand checks and little contact fouls, call them from the beginning to the end.

Oh, and its DEFINITELY past my bedtime.....in case you were wondering! Just a little excited for the games today. Good luck to McMinn Central tomorrow. I hope its a great game and the fans get to see some awesome ball!

LOL....that the best you can do? He makes valid points....although the refs did kinda get picky today.

I just hope that the refs will stay consistent either way. If you are gonna call all the hand checks and little contact fouls, call them from the beginning to the end.

Oh, and its DEFINITELY past my bedtime.....in case you were wondering! Just a little excited for the games today. Good luck to McMinn Central tomorrow. I hope its a great game and the fans get to see some awesome ball!

Really looking forward to the game today...driving in from Knoxville to watch my Tigerettes! I expect this to be a close game and hoping for Macon to pull it out! I'm sure there will be a lot of Tigerette fans in the house..Good Luck to both teams and safe travels to all the fans

I will take macon in this one. Anyone watching Cc vs central game knows that massongale charged twice in the start of the 4th quarter without a call and should have fouled out. Adams should have fouled out also in the 1st of the 4th when she fouled trying to block shots! That game was given to central in the last 2 min with the charge calls on scissom and the intentional foul call! TSSAA surley wont let this favoritism happen again. Central fans complaining about foul calls are crazy cause the fouls were commited!

I saw the game don't care who wins and only agree on one thing. Adams should have been called for her 5th sooner but there were times in the 3rd when any central player even close to anyone dribbling or shooting was called for a foul, one series adams blocked a shot then went to the other side and blocked another jump shot in the air and wasn't close to the girl and they called the foul, I guess because the ref was out of position,it was like a competition between 2 of them who could take over the game the most. Several times I saw the central girls turn side ways and let the cannon girls go by then be called for a foul from the otherside of the floor, and that was just in the 3rd, then in the 4th after the game got close the refs started going the other way, how can either team coach or play like that you can never adjust, no consistency in calls, same old TSSAA only thing they get right is how much money they are making.

Edited by anotherback

I saw the game don't care who wins and only agree on one thing. Adams should have been called for her 5th sooner but there were times in the 3rd when any central player even close to anyone dribbling or shooting was called for a foul, one series adams blocked a shot then went to the other side and blocked another jump shot in the air and wasn't close to the girl and they called the foul, I guess because the ref was out of position,it was like a competition between 2 of them who could take over the game the most. Several times I saw the central girls turn side ways and let the cannon girls go by then be called for a foul from the otherside of the floor, and that was just in the 3rd, then in the 4th after the game got close the refs started going the other way, how can either team coach or play like that you can never adjust, no consistency in calls, same old TSSAA only thing they get right is how much money they are making.

I agree 100%. Great post!!

I will take macon in this one. Anyone watching Cc vs central game knows that massongale charged twice in the start of the 4th quarter without a call and should have fouled out. Adams should have fouled out also in the 1st of the 4th when she fouled trying to block shots! That game was given to central in the last 2 min with the charge calls on scissom and the intentional foul call! TSSAA surley wont let this favoritism happen again. Central fans complaining about foul calls are crazy cause the fouls were commited!

The Chargerettes were able to overcome terrible ref's and pull out a win. I watched the entire game and have an entirely different opinion than you. We are all entitled to our opinion. My opinion is you aren't happy our girls have taken Cannon out 2 years in a row.

Opinions...

Both teams are to be commended for making it to the Championship game. And both teams' fans should be happy for their team to reach this plateau.

One team will lose today, and I hope their fans will accept defeat as gracious as the young ladies will. I'm as competitive as anyone and don't like to even lose at Monopoly, but I learned a long time ago that everything wouldn't go as I wanted throughout life.......BUT life would go on, regardless.

And for the fans of the team that's victorious today, be happy, enjoy the celebration, and remember it's all about them - not you!

I'll take McMinn Central by 8... Macon has a great team and has had a great run and I hope they pull it out today, but I just don't see it. Macon County is playing better ball now than what they were, but if you can't pull out a championship win that's at home, talking about nera white, than I don't see it in Murfreesboro...However, good luck and I hope you all pull it off and prove me wrong :thumb:

Edited by swanson71

I think MCentral will win but I'm pulling for Macon because I usually root for the underdog.

If not for the bracketing, I still think it might have been Cannon Co. and McMinn Central for the state championship, but you live with the hand that's dealt you. Central has had a few bad draws themself before. Still a very good year for Coach Dodgen and Cannon Co!!!

I wasn't there yesterday, but listened to it via the Etowah radio station....and he was speechless sometimes with the calls on both ends. It's bad when the refs dictate too much.

Not so sure at this level there is an underdog.

If not for the bracketing, I still think it might have been Cannon Co. and McMinn Central for the state championship, but you live with the hand that's dealt you. Central has had a few bad draws themself before. Still a very good year for Coach Dodgen and Cannon Co!!!

I wasn't there yesterday, but listened to it via the Etowah radio station....and he was speechless sometimes with the calls on both ends. It's bad when the refs dictate too much.

Not so sure at this level there is an underdog.

LOL, the Etowah radio announcer was speechless because words just couldn't do it justice. From what I've heard Cannon's announcer almost had a stroke. The fact that the refs called enough fouls to theorectically foul out the entire starting lineup of both teams pretty much speaks for itself. Good luck to both teams today!