Macon Co. vs McMinn Central for championship in AA

Tennesseefanatic

32 members have voted

1. 1. who You Got and Why?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to MCentral on winning the gold ball. You earned it.

P.S.-I take some consolation in knowing my team (Cannon Co.) played your team as well as anybody in the tourney and gave you your only blemish :D

That is what I said from the beginning, Cannon was the worst matchup for MCentral and I hated yesterdays game couldn't have been today. I do however predict Macon will maybe be your next years champion, crap not losing anyone - they will be tough.

Edited by logcabinman

If not for the bracketing, I still think it might have been Cannon Co. and McMinn Central for the state championship, but you live with the hand that's dealt you. Central has had a few bad draws themself before. Still a very good year for Coach Dodgen and Cannon Co!!!

I wasn't there yesterday, but listened to it via the Etowah radio station....and he was speechless sometimes with the calls on both ends. It's bad when the refs dictate too much.

Not so sure at this level there is an underdog.

Mcminn's big two was the glue but you can't help but tip your hat to your young unsung heros: Wells, Williams, and Guariola for the great D, especially in the third yesterday. The Wells kid is a defensive machine.

Mcminn's big two was the glue but you can't help but tip your hat to your young unsung heros: Wells, Williams, and Guariola for the great D, especially in the third yesterday. The Wells kid is a defensive machine.

yep...soph---soph---freshman---along with soph Masingale, I like our chances for the next couple years...just sayin'

Congrats to McMinn Central on its first Gold Ball! Macon County played a great team yesterday and came up short. I'm just proud that they made it to their first ever championship game! Maybe we can meet Central again next year sometime.

Oh, both these two teams have a fairly young squad with talent. I know Adams is graduating, but 24 is one heck of a ball player. Several others looked good too. Maybe we can see these two teams go at it in the state next year.

Massongale was out of control today, she is a very good player. Even the anouncers were making comments on her play with 4 fouls. Her and Adams get too emotional, if they keep their head in then MC has a chance if not they loose 10 plus. If game is called by the rules they both will foul out early.

Sore loser

Congrats to MCentral on winning the gold ball. You earned it.

P.S.-I take some consolation in knowing my team (Cannon Co.) played your team as well as anybody in the tourney and gave you your only blemish :D

Ironically, it was that November loss to Cannon Co. that most likely caused the Chargerettes to re-focus and win it all.

give me a break. They called 27 fouls on Central to 19 for Cannon until Cannon started fouling to stop the clock at the end. Cannon shot 33 free throws for crying out loud.

The fact of the matter is...11 and 24 were on the bench for a LONG time and cannon for whatever reason didnt take advantage of that. I give credit to the defense of the central girls that held cannon. Even when both came back in they stepped out of the way for cannon to score open layups. Perhaps you need to direct your anger to your "emotional" coach?????

Edited by pumba

The fact of the matter is...11 and 24 were on the bench for a LONG time and cannon for whatever reason didnt take advantage of that. I give credit to the defense of the central girls that held cannon. Even when both came back in they stepped out of the way for cannon to score open layups. Perhaps you need to direct your anger to your "emotional" coach?????

Pumba, I am agreeing with your point. Not sure why you quoted me. It's just sour grapes with lionheart. Our top three scorers were all on the bench with foul trouble. Cannon shot 33 free throws. The free throw differential was Cannon 31 Central 19 until Cannon fouled three times at the end to stop the clock.

Pumba, I am agreeing with your point. Not sure why you quoted me. It's just sour grapes with lionheart. Our top three scorers were all on the bench with foul trouble. Cannon shot 33 free throws. The free throw differential was Cannon 31 Central 19 until Cannon fouled three times at the end to stop the clock.

sorry that was directed to our fan,lyonheart

Edited by pumba