Great job Toppers

jeffs

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great season enjoyed watching you gals all year :thumb:

It was a good season. I can tell you this though they probably won’t have another one for a long time...this coach Barnwell or whatever is a joke! He barely coaches and doesn’t use his depth on the bench. He has good girls over there and just saying some should be starting...even over seniors. For example I saw a game where the Goodman girl basically yelled at him???? Is he whipped by his players?!?! He really needs to grow a pair and become a coach. I’m sorry but when you have a talented bench use it. I don’t know their names but I have seen #11 and #40 travel and summer they are too good of basketball players to be going in with 30 seconds left! Unless that coach becomes a man I don’t see the program coming back to state any time soon.

It was a good season. I can tell you this though they probably won’t have another one for a long time...this coach Barnwell or whatever is a joke! He barely coaches and doesn’t use his depth on the bench. He has good girls over there and just saying some should be starting...even over seniors. For example I saw a game where the Goodman girl basically yelled at him???? Is he whipped by his players?!?! He really needs to grow a pair and become a coach. I’m sorry but when you have a talented bench use it. I don’t know their names but I have seen #11 and #40 travel and summer they are too good of basketball players to be going in with 30 seconds left! Unless that coach becomes a man I don’t see the program coming back to state any time soon.

Your kidding me right :roflol: HIS turn this program around been a winner every sence his been there.You must not know the team to well they love 2 play for him and not once has he EVERY said one thing negative to his players.Iv not missed a girls game in a few years and he gets alot out of them.You tell me were our team was before he came?Ill tell you at the bottem EVERY year.So if you dont like it you dont have to come watch thats what brings teams down fans like you.Go Toppers and I look foward to years to come :popcorneater:What does a coach have to do 33 4 wow i guess #11 #40 would have won state i dont think so the kids he played was the ones that was suppose to play .And no i dont have a kid im a FAN.But if i did she would play 4 him

Edited by jeffs

Coach Barnwell is an outstanding coach that has put Science Hill at the top of District 1 and Region 1. He took his team to the state semi-finals after defeating a highly regarded Clarksville team, with a UT signee and 4 other highly ranked prospects. Then they took an extremely talented (at least 4 D1 players) and eventual state champion Memphis Central into the final minute. He blended his youth with his veterans and had a great season. He played Copney, E. Reid, Goodman, Hensley, Jones, and Tartar the most minutes. He also worked Lyon, Knack, Reid, and Smith in when he could. That is 10 players. #11 Kennedy played some and I am not sure I know who #40 is. Keeping that many good players involved is not easy. Many teams only play 6 or 7. Sometimes you have to wait for your time or opportunity to play, especially when you are on a team with a dozen quality players. I think Science Hill will be a state title contender for at least three more years, if the team stays together and the parents, fans, and administration continue to support them. I actually was very disappointed that Science Hill had such a small group of supporters in Murfreesboro. Baileyton and Elizabethton fans showed up in droves to support their teams. Johnson City should be able to do better and I live in Johnson City, so I can complain about it!

Well, I am sure goldandblue is one of their parents. #11 is a solid player but erratic at times. She plays good defense. As for the other player#40 , she is not up to the caliber of the others. I saw a lot of the games this year and when she got in she dropped the ball and did not play d. I did make to some of the away jv games TN and DB and she did not contribute either. GOLD you have no clue what you are talking about. You obliviously are mad that your daughter did not play a lot. I say take her to another school or stop complaining. Obviously SH knows that they are doing as they made it to the STATE SEMI-FINALS. They played 9 to 10 kids all year. Some people need to get a clue. As for you comment on they will not get back to state, they return 7 of the top 10 kids. I heard they have another good freshman coming in and some soph's will get more pt and are solid.

I’m a student guys...I have friends and a family member that plays for this team. Only one kid on this team likes him, everyone else on the team this year hates this coach...so where are you getting your info from??? I would really like to know. As for a coach, jeffs could be the coach of a team that has Copney, Hensley, Jones, and Tartar (just to name a few) and take them to a 33-4 record(sorry if wrong). Maybe yall should get inside info and stop reading the paper.

OK. You are a student. Yea sure. You happened to name a player that NEVER plays and then a player that plays some good minutes in some games. You are either there parent or #11's family and I doubt that because I see her dad talking with coach all the time. As for the comment about they do not like their coach. Please. Kids do not play hard for ones they do not like. Maybe you are not watching the same game. I sit down in the first couple of rows so I do hear all that is said from higher up and below. So with that said, if you do have anything but congrats to the best team in SH history then start a new tread and find people who care.

Edited by TommyMan37604

I’m a student guys...I have friends and a family member that plays for this team. Only one kid on this team likes him, everyone else on the team this year hates this coach...so where are you getting your info from??? I would really like to know. As for a coach, jeffs could be the coach of a team that has Copney, Hensley, Jones, and Tartar (just to name a few) and take them to a 33-4 record(sorry if wrong). Maybe yall should get inside info and stop reading the paper.

If you are that close to this team, with friends and a family member on the team, wouldn't you know the names of #11 and #40 instead of referring to them by their numbers. Since you brought it up, which member of the team is a family member. If this is true it would be my guess that it is also one of the girls that does not see the floor very much and therefore is upset about thier lack of playing time.

If you are that close to this team, with friends and a family member on the team, wouldn't you know the names of #11 and #40 instead of referring to them by their numbers. Since you brought it up, which member of the team is a family member. If this is true it would be my guess that it is also one of the girls that does not see the floor very much and therefore is upset about thier lack of playing time.

I am related to #22 haley hensley thank you very much. Im sorry i dont know everyone my bad.

My info is inside and if your a student then u need 2 cheer as one and not worry about coaching . And you must not know anything about sports It takes more than players to make them a TEAM it takes hard working coaches to show them how 2 play team ball not ME ball You think any team would win if you told them just to show up game days and play without a coach Not one team would win.As for #11 @ #40 there not starters or not the top 8 or 9 but next year #11 forget her name will play alot has size and can shoot dont remember who #40 is but if she can play she will.And i know for a FACT more than 1 player likes the coach. And 99 out of 100 the ones that dont are the ones that dont play.So go TOPPERS i hope you put in alot of hard work in this summer so YOU as a team can enjoy it again next season Ill be there cheering you on

Edited by jeffs