• DCA
    • Riverside
    • Kings Academy
    • Zion

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Webb- Still has twice the enrollment of everyone else in the region but even if they didnt, they are well coached and the blance brothers are great. I'd only be suprised if they didnt go 13-0 again.

2. FRA- Lost their top 2 players but from what I hear is really loading up. Might still be a year away from this spot but Coach Pack is the best coach in the region so I'll be on him.

3. DCA- Brings back their starting QB, RB and best WR. Always strong.

4. Davidson- Brings back pretty much the whole team except for Justin Williams. RBs Dixon and Wilson are really good though. This will be the QBs 3rd year starting and have 4 out of 5 starters back on the OL. 4th is probably too low. They could very easily be 2nd.

5. Ezell- Lost there best and really only playmaker. The TE/WR Teague that is the center on the basketball team is supposed to be pretty good but I dont see the depth and playmakers to really compete.

6. MJCA- Still has a long way to go but they will be the best of the rest.

7. Zion- Has actually had some good talent the last couple years. Unless they have hit the recruiting trail, they will be pretty down this year. They loss their 4 best players.

8. Riverside- Feel bad for these guys. Not really sure why they stayed in D2. With only 78 kids in the high school, this seems like a team that should be playing 8 man football with sewanee

Edited by D2A

Thanks D2A excellent stuff. I think it will be a dog fight between Ezell and Davidson for 4th, Ezell is returning #10 and #33 both playmakers even if a little small/young.And Davidson's O-line was tiny last year, But other than that i completely agree. Should be a great season.

Webb will be stong as usual, and likely the favorite for the entire thing again. This year the East/Middle has been split up into two different sides much like the West 1/West 2. Webb will win there side (Davidson coming in 2nd) and Dca should win the other (FRA coming in 2nd). As for FRA being second in the entire league...there nothing without Maitland and Wallstedt. Davidson should be pretty good Dixon is just as good as Williams. Dca should be good as well they lost very few players. Should be a good year of football!!

Thanks D2A excellent stuff. I think it will be a dog fight between Ezell and Davidson for 4th, Ezell is returning #10 and #33 both playmakers even if a little small/young.And Davidson's O-line was tiny last year, But other than that i completely agree. Should be a great season.

Actually both #10 and #33 were seniors. #10 was the QB. #33 i had to look up because i didnt recall him but they were both seniors. I saw 3 games of Ezell and im not sure what you saw that made you think #33 was a playmaker but he must have had off nights all the games i watched because i didnt even remember him.

Edited by D2A

Webb will be stong as usual, and likely the favorite for the entire thing again. This year the East/Middle has been split up into two different sides much like the West 1/West 2. Webb will win there side (Davidson coming in 2nd) and Dca should win the other (FRA coming in 2nd). As for FRA being second in the entire league...there nothing without Maitland and Wallstedt. Davidson should be pretty good Dixon is just as good as Williams. Dca should be good as well they lost very few players. Should be a good year of football!!

I get what you are saying about FRA being nothing without Maitland and Wallstedt but after the '09 season, most would have said they will be nothing without the Page kid. They might not be high on talent but ive heard they have quite a bit in the program, its just young. Like I said, they might still be a year away but I promise you they will be in the hunt late in the season.

#33 was just fast. Ezell should not be much next year, without there qb from this year they'll have a hard time scoring. As for Knox Webb going 13-0 think again. Check out there first two game...0-2 to start the year possibly. Who are the elite players in the region next year besides the blance brothers???

#33 was just fast. Ezell should not be much next year, without there qb from this year they'll have a hard time scoring. As for Knox Webb going 13-0 think again. Check out there first two game...0-2 to start the year possibly. Who are the elite players in the region next year besides the blance brothers???

Yea i forgot about them playing maryville to start the year. I doubt they go undefeated but i think they will win all the D2 single A games.

Aside from the blance brothers,

Davidson- Dixon, Wilson

DCA- Dismuke, Johnston

To be honest, thats all i really know of. I think Kyle Kennedy will be the best QB in the region but he still isnt a standout. He is a good solid starter though. Webb and Ezell will both have new QBs. FRA's QB has played alot off and on the past 2 years. I think his name is Hissong and he is decent. Porter from davidson is solid. Not a great year for QBs in E/M

All 4 good players. I'd agree also, weak year for QB's but who needs a QB with backs as good as our region has! What one team in DII do you seem giving webb the most trouble? Who has the hardest schedule for next year?

I dont know about non region schedule but with lancaster off everyones schedule and st andrews dropping to 8 man, everyone plays everyone. So in the region, everyone's schedule is equal.

As far as giving Webb trouble, I wouldnt be suprised to see DA, DCA and FRA to play them tough. DA beat them 2 years ago and did decent this year. I expect the same for '11. I think DCA will do better against them.

Im really curious to see what Webb has at QB. The one they had wasnt great but was very solid and wasnt going to screw up. All three of the starting RBs are back.

I agree, Webb Qb play a big part in running the wing-t succesfully. Some interesting games i look forward to seeing out of region this year are: Dca v. Boyd Buchanan, Webb v. Maryville, i'm sure DA and FRA have some tough non region games but i can not find their schedules. I've been wondering who the best o-line is? I know Davidson returns alot of members, they were decent last year. Also, Dca returns all but 1 starter on the o-line, Webb i am sure will have a huge oline minus the small,quick guards.