Hampton vs. Summertown

bulldog50

I personally think that is one of the best games I have seen Dylan Ward play. Offense, defense, rebounding, ball handling, he kept things together through the lull the Dogs had in the first half. Only when he started scoring was Hughes able to get some separation from his defender because they had to pay attention to Dylan. We need a good TEAM game tomorrow and to me Dylan Hill will be the key. He HAS to play big for us to have a chance. JMO

Agreed....Can Ward play even better? YES! But he had the best outing yesterday....and that's what I've said ALL year, u can't stop just one of em! They are a TEAM!

Jones' 3 may have been his only outside shot, but it was a back breaker....This TEAM, doing their part, is hard to handle for four qtrs....I will say this, a dribble down and shot will hurt us tomorrow...The Floor General had better run his PG position, set up the offense and make L.C. play D!

Edited by uknoit2

Hampton didn't do anything that caused us to play bad we coulndt throw a golf ball in the Atlantic ocean today and we didn't box out we looked tense all day we never relaxed and just played eagle basketball and we r very proud of our boys on a great season alot of teams would have loved to be where we was at today

“When you get up here and have an off day, you go home,†said Summertown coach Les Trotter. “I think (Hampton) had a lot to do with that. They did exactlly what they needed to do.â€

Agreed....Can Ward play even better? YES! But he had the best outing yesterday....and that's what I've said ALL year, u can't stop just one of em! They are a TEAM!

Jones' 3 may have been his only outside shot, but it was a back breaker....This TEAM, doing their part, is hard to handle for four qtrs....I will say this, a dribble down and shot will hurt us tomorrow...The Floor General had better run his PG position, set up the offense and make L.C. play D!

I thought the shot by Jones may have been the BIGGEST shot of the game, personally. We had Hughes in foul trouble and we had not scored in a couple of possessions. You could feel S-town starting to get a little bit of momentum and if that shot does not go down and S-town goes down and scores, you never know what could have happened? It was the dagger, IMO

If you don't regularly watch a team play, you don't have the right to judge them, IMO, especially if all you have seen is the one game yesterday. Yesterday's game was not indicative of Summertown's skill OR style of play. Think about it; if that is how Summertown typically plays, how'd they get thru the regionals, let alone make it to the Elite 8? Everyone has an off-day now and then. It doesn't lessen the great things those boys accomplished this season, and it speaks volumes about the maturity level of some of the "fans" here, to put down HIGH SCHOOL basketball players. I really hope that your team doesn't face the same attitudes when they lose. Now, why don't y'all go find some poor old ladies to pick on?

Congrats, Eagles, on an amazing season. Anytime you make it to the 'boro, you've made us hometown folk proud! Go Perry Co, win that championship for District 12!!!!!

If you don't regularly watch a team play, you don't have the right to judge them, IMO, especially if all you have seen is the one game yesterday. Yesterday's game was not indicative of Summertown's skill OR style of play. Think about it; if that is how Summertown typically plays, how'd they get thru the regionals, let alone make it to the Elite 8? Everyone has an off-day now and then. It doesn't lessen the great things those boys accomplished this season, and it speaks volumes about the maturity level of some of the "fans" here, to put down HIGH SCHOOL basketball players. I really hope that your team doesn't face the same attitudes when they lose. Now, why don't y'all go find some poor old ladies to pick on?

Congrats, Eagles, on an amazing season. Anytime you make it to the 'boro, you've made us hometown folk proud! Go Perry Co, win that championship for District 12!!!!!

:(

Don't worry stown we gonna bring it home

Hampton ran the defense they wanted perfectly. They knew exactly what they were doing and planned to do it that way. S-Town had 1 solid player and a bunch of guys who could shoot if left open. They shut Clifton down. He didn't even score in the 2nd half. He finished with 7 pts and 7 turnovers, but I guess Hampton's defense didn't have anything to do with that LOL! Live by the 3, die by the 3.

If Hampton wouldn't have taken the starters out, they would have won by 30. They were up 21 when the starters were pulled iirc.

Edited by Lord Vader