Single A State

GCPioneer

they were actually state runner-up last year. i was wrong on that.

here is the bracket to show you they are in it again this year.

http://asaa.org/wp-content/uploads/4A-Boys-MM-Bracket.pdf

Yea I looked them up but I still don't know how many schools are in their AAAA state or anything to really weigh their ability against. I mean they are from Alaska, how many big schools could they actually have, and if they have plenty competition up there why come all the way to TN to play a Christmas Tournament? And I also failed to find a roster that shows them with 2 6'9" players.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea I looked them up but I still don't know how many schools are in their AAAA state or anything to really weigh their ability against. I mean they are from Alaska, how many big schools could they actually have, and if they have plenty competition up there why come all the way to TN to play a Christmas Tournament? And I also failed to find a roster that shows them with 2 6'9" players.

We get teams from from EVERYWHERE come to this tournament...even Germany...and they ALL can play!

the Arby's is one of the premiere tournaments in the South. a ton of big name guys have played in it. they usually try to get a team from Alaska to come along with a team from Germany, the Bahamas, and Canada. i remember some good teams from Anchorage used to be in it.

"Coach Engebretsen’s Warriors lost in the finals of the 2009-2010 Alaska Class 4-A State Championship. The Warriors finished last season with a record of 21-8. Connor Devine, 6’9â€, Jr., and Brandon Kuiper, 6’8â€, Jr., return to lead the Warriors. Coach Engebretsen was named Alaska Coach of the Year for 2009-2010."

Edited by Lord Vader

the Arby's is one of the premiere tournaments in the South. a ton of big name guys have played in it. they usually try to get a team from Alaska to come. i remember some good teams from Anchorage used to be in it.

"Coach Engebretsen’s Warriors lost in the finals of the 2009-2010 Alaska Class 4-A State Championship. The Warriors finished last season with a record of 21-8. Connor Devine, 6’9â€, Jr., and Brandon Kuiper, 6’8â€, Jr., return to lead the Warriors. Coach Engebretsen was named Alaska Coach of the Year for 2009-2010."

Glazed, it is staggering the number of pro ball players that had appeared at this tournament over the years.....WAY too many to mention!

Its worth the drive from Perry Co to watch it

Hampton does have impressive wins this year and had a tough schecdule, but really guys Wasilla? Its Alaska bball not exactly a hot bed of talent, they were the 2nd team i recall from Alaska in the Arbys and neither them or the first team did anything while they were there. i dont think they could beat anyone in the single a state tournament more than 2 out of 10 times

Hampton does have impressive wins this year and had a tough schecdule, but really guys Wasilla? Its Alaska bball not exactly a hot bed of talent, they were the 2nd team i recall from Alaska in the Arbys and neither them or the first team did anything while they were there. i dont think they could beat anyone in the single a state tournament more than 2 out of 10 times

Yea creeker, I did previously state that Wasilla wasn't impressive....we've sure beat alot better teams

I agree 100%. Just because a team from Alaska comes down to Tennessee and plays in the Arby's Classic doesn't make them an awesome team. Alaska isn't exactly known as a hotbed for big time basketball.

As for my predictions on Single A, I'll go with this:

1st Rd:

Summertown over Hampton

Lake Co. over CSAS

Middleton over Cloudland

Perry Co. over Clay Co.

Semi's:

Lake Co. over Summertown

Middleton over Perry Co.

Championship:

Lake Co. over Middleton

I agree 100%. Just because a team from Alaska comes down to Tennessee and plays in the Arby's Classic doesn't make them an awesome team. Alaska isn't exactly known as a hotbed for big time basketball.

As for my predictions on Single A, I'll go with this:

1st Rd:

Summertown over Hampton

Lake Co. over CSAS

Middleton over Cloudland

Perry Co. over Clay Co.

Semi's:

Lake Co. over Summertown

Middleton over Perry Co.

Championship:

Lake Co. over Middleton

The Arbys is one talent-filled tourney....but Alaska has never impressed...BUT, got to understand the dang programs they are stacked against...teams from areas such as Jamica, Germany, Georgia, New York, Memphis and so on....Ray Allen, Ron Mercer, and soooo many others played in this tournament.

I believe Hampton will shock most with a decisive win over S-Town...but nothing guaranteed!

certianly, Unicoi twice if im not mistaken, TN High i believe, Hunter Huss wasnt a win but still an impressive game by Hampton. im sure there are several more not including the 3 over Cloudland.

we took Unicoi once....Id find it hard to believe we'll meet a team better than Unicoi this week...Yes, we took TN High at Viking Hall.

Im not much for moral victories, but we have losses to VERY good teams.

certianly, Unicoi twice if im not mistaken, TN High i believe, Hunter Huss wasnt a win but still an impressive game by Hampton. im sure there are several more not including the 3 over Cloudland.

Science Hill was an impressive game by Hampton too even though they lost. Only down 1 at the end of 3 quarters and held 4star Bama commit 6-8 Shannon Hale to 6 points.

2 of the 3 wins against Cloudland are quite impressive coming by 22 points and then again by 15.

Science Hill and Hunter Huss are the 2 teams I was referring to earlier that are much better than anybody Hampton will see in this tourney. If they play like they did against these 2 teams, they will be fine.

Edited by Lord Vader