Memphis/Shelby County Teams 11 out of 12 Class AAA State Champions IMPRE

conservation

Memphis/Shelby County Teams 11 out of 12 Class AAA State Champions IMPRESSIVE!!!

Class AAA boys basketball tournament winners this century

2000 – White Station

2001 – Bartlett

2002 – White Station

2003 – White Station

2004 – White Station

2005 – Ridgeway

2006 – Hamilton

2007 – Maryville

2008 – Ridgeway

2009 – White Station

2010 – Melrose

2011 — Craigmont

Given the results you listed, you can't argue the fact that Memphis is the king of AAA boys basketball in Tennessee. I think the rest of the state has narrowed the gap a little but it hasn't translated into championships. Memphis truly is a hotbed of basketball and the talent/size edge is obvious. I also think that, generally speaking, Memphis kids seem to play with a greater sense of urgency than kids from other parts of the state, mainly because basketball is more important to Memphis/West Tennessee kids than it is to kids in other parts of the state. Greater talent plus greater desire= championships.

Congratulations to Craigmont. I was pulling for Bearden to bring a gold ball back to ET but Craigmont definitely outplayed them and deserved to win.

Memphis is one of the top basketball cities in America for producing high school talent. I enjoy watching football but high school football talent and with the 6 classes makes the state one of the worst for producing talent. However, the city of memphis puts ths state on the map for high school basketball. I disagree about the memphis teams wanting it more. I think Craigmont played their butts off but was disappointed in the effort Whitestation gave. I think Bearden gave just as much as Craigmont but 7 wore down to the 12 being used by Craigmont.

Memphis is one of the top basketball cities in America for producing high school talent. I enjoy watching football but high school football talent and with the 6 classes makes the state one of the worst for producing talent. However, the city of memphis puts ths state on the map for high school basketball. I disagree about the memphis teams wanting it more. I think Craigmont played their butts off but was disappointed in the effort Whitestation gave. I think Bearden gave just as much as Craigmont but 7 wore down to the 12 being used by Craigmont.

Wanting it more isn't just about the effort you put forth during a game, but also during the off-season. With that being said, I was impressed with Bearden's effort during the whole tournament. They were the fastest team up there, which would wear them down during the course of 3 days. You need more depth than what they had if that's the style you are going to win with in a 3 games in 3 days scenario.