7 AAA

coachslobber

What did we learn so far? Does 10-5/11-4 win it?

We learned that this is going to be a really tough district to play in. I can't see anyone going undefeated. 10 - 5 is a real possibility but 11- 4 is most likely going to win. I would be surprised if anyone has a better record than that. Looks like everyone can hit pretty well. Pitching depth and defense will be the key to winning it this year. Siegel sweeping Oakland was a surprise. Even though that puts them in a great position to start off 3-0 I don't see any clear favorite yet for the trophy and more important the automatic bid to region. Back at it next week after a week of non district opponents. Going to be a fun season to watch.

Edited by govols10

this week's schedule:

Oakland vs. Riverdale

Siegel vs. Lavergne

Blackman vs. Smyrna

Aren't all these series huge? Amazing how tight the race will be. Literally anything could happen this week to throw the whole race on it's ear, or Siegel, Riverdale and Blackman could really seperate themselves. Looks like Smyrna is going to give veryone all they want each game though.

this week's schedule:

Oakland vs. Riverdale

Siegel vs. Lavergne

Blackman vs. Smyrna

Aren't all these series huge? Amazing how tight the race will be. Literally anything could happen this week to throw the whole race on it's ear, or Siegel, Riverdale and Blackman could really seperate themselves. Looks like Smyrna is going to give veryone all they want each game though.

Smyrna is a good team and I believe everyone is aware of that now so I am not sure if they will surprise anyone. That is going to be a great series. It will be an interesting week. Good to see so much riding on the 2nd week of district play.

Smyrna is a good team and I believe everyone is aware of that now so I am not sure if they will surprise anyone. That is going to be a great series. It will be an interesting week. Good to see so much riding on the 2nd week of district play.

A little off the subject but still 7AAA:

Congratulations go out to Siegel's Austin Coley for committing to Belmont! For those who are not keeping count - that's four players from Coach Reavis' team to commit to playing college baseball. There will be others from Siegel and from the rest of 7AAA. Great job!

MeepMeep

A little off the subject but still 7AAA:

Congratulations go out to Siegel's Austin Coley for committing to Belmont! For those who are not keeping count - that's four players from Coach Reavis' team to commit to playing college baseball. There will be others from Siegel and from the rest of 7AAA. Great job!

MeepMeep

Congrats to AC! Great kid, great family...and he deserves all that comes to him. I will take a little credit, too. ;)

By the way, besides AC and Fullerton, who are the other two to commit? I've missed those somewhere.

Congrats to AC! Great kid, great family...and he deserves all that comes to him. I will take a little credit, too. ;)

By the way, besides AC and Fullerton, who are the other two to commit? I've missed those somewhere.

Brennan Pearson is a Western Kentucky commit. The other I believe is Sam Lewis but I can't remember where, maybe Belmont?

Also from last night:

Siegel (4-0) 7 Lavergne (0-4) 1 (from eyeballs)

Blackman (4-0) 7 Smyrna (1-3) 1 (from dnj)

Riverdale (3-1) 9 Oakland (0-4) 4 (from dnj)

Edited by StarRaider

Read earlier Lewis is Freed Hardeman.

If we did a re-rank of the district based on what we know, what do you think rest of the season looks like?

One guess:

1. Riverdale. (Good pitching, best offense)

2. Siegel (Good pitching, good defense)

3. Blackman

4. Smyrna (tough, going to do some damage)

5. Oakland

6. Lavergne