7 AAA

coachslobber

Thanks so standings after 1st three series are (Oakland swept Lavergne):

Siegel 9-0 (tiebreakers over Oak, Lav, Smy)

Blackman 7-2 (Lav, Smy)

Riverdale 6-3 (Smy, Oak, Blk)

Oakland 4-5 (Lav), mathematically alive but on life support

Smyrna 1-8 (can't win regular season championship)

Lav either 0-9 (can't win regular season championship)

Next week

Siegel away home away Blackman

Riverdale - Lavergne

Oakland - Smyrna

Final week

Siegel away home away Riverdale

Blackman - Oakland

Lavergne - Smyrna

Not sure anyone will run away, but obviously the next two weeks are huge for the Stars. The champion will probably have to win at least 12 games. I read where the coaches may vote to go away from the 3 game district series next season. I hope they stay with this format, really makes teams develop pitching and depth to win in this district.

Edited by StarRaider

I read where the coaches may vote to go away from the 3 game district series next season. I hope they stay with this format, really makes teams develop pitching and depth to win in this district.

I had heard this. I think this would be a HUGE mistake. Not only does it develop pitching but it also makes teams use strategy and provides a real series flavor, much like the 3 game college format, to district. It creates a lot of buzz and excitement in 7AAA. That is just my opinion and I realize that does not mean much but as a fan I would say moving away from the 3 game series would be a step backward for the district.

Thanks so standings after 1st three series are (Oakland swept Lavergne):

Siegel 9-0 (tiebreakers over Oak, Lav, Smy)

Blackman 7-2 (Lav, Smy)

Riverdale 6-3 (Smy, Oak, Blk)

Oakland 4-5 (Lav), mathematically alive but on life support

Smyrna 1-8 (can't win regular season championship)

Lav either 0-9 (can't win regular season championship)

Next week

Siegel away home away Blackman

Riverdale - Lavergne

Oakland - Smyrna

Final week

Siegel away home away Riverdale

Blackman - Oakland

Lavergne - Smyrna

Not sure anyone will run away, but obviously the next two weeks are huge for the Stars. The champion will probably have to win at least 12 games. I read where the coaches may vote to go away from the 3 game district series next season. I hope they stay with this format, really makes teams develop pitching and depth to win in this district.

Great point Starraider. Last night, Siegel throws Shultz (sophomore) and he doesnt get that start in a 2-game series, Riverdale threw a lot of arms....you have to have a lot of arms to play in the postseason. Just the district tournament alone requires you to have 4-5 good ones to win it. They would be making a big mistake to go away from it. Under this format, the best TEAM wins, not the team with the one or two best pitchers.

Definitely keep the three game format. Provides interest, exictement, and chances to overcome a bad game.

With 2 series left, 3 teams basically control there own destiny. Big series between Blackman/Siegel. One probably knocked out. Riverdale may have advantage with LaVergne this week, then Siegel.

Question on tie break.....if two teams are tied for first there is the obvious tie break of who one series. What happens if 3 way tie. If memory serves from last year, there would be no district champion, the top 2 teams from the tournament would go forward........is that correct?

Definitely keep the three game format. Provides interest, exictement, and chances to overcome a bad game.

With 2 series left, 3 teams basically control there own destiny. Big series between Blackman/Siegel. One probably knocked out. Riverdale may have advantage with LaVergne this week, then Siegel.

Question on tie break.....if two teams are tied for first there is the obvious tie break of who one series. What happens if 3 way tie. If memory serves from last year, there would be no district champion, the top 2 teams from the tournament would go forward........is that correct?

if there is no outright winner then there is no automatic bid...and yes the to0p 2 from TOURNAMENT will advance