Rhea County Eagles

kampkiffen

The biggest issue I see at Rhea Co. is not the coaching. It's the stadium. They need to build some needs stands on both sides and fix the track so it could be a nice place to go :thumb:

I agree the stadium needs some attention. I think if they get the right coach in there you will start seeing some.

Yes the track needs upgrading. Sad you have qualiying kids year in and year out and can't have home meets.

It has been said that the school got some money for upgrades to the stadiums. Not sure what the plans are.

My favorite coach hasn't even been mentioned. My favorite coach was Coach Horton. Good try :thumb:

If you'll look you'll see I have praise for Fitzgerald. I did say I liked Caldwell. I like the majority of the coaches that are still at the high school. I've liked most of the past coaches as well. That goes for sports besides football.

The only one you've seen me take a shot at is the glorious ex-OC. The reason I have such a problem with him is NOT his play calling abilities. Yes, I do disagree with his on-field decisions from time to time; I disagreed with Phil Fulmer a few times too, that's football. It's the fact that he is held to a different standard than all other teachers in the county.

But hey, you're entitled to your opinion and I respect that. Call me what you wish, it's like water off the duck's back :popcorneater:

Coach Horton was not only a good coach but a great man in general.

I was just curious so I looked up what it takes to be a vocational teacher like Coach Cameron and I think he qualifies with the state. At minimum you need a high school diploma or GED and at least get an associates degree or certification of industry then complete a program through an accreditted school, but anyways I was just curious to what it took.

Back to football

It'd just be nice if the school could just stay with one shade of green and gold. IMO, it wouldn't be kelly green. I'd like to go to the so-called old school green that we wore in the 90s.

RheaCo, any insight on if there's been any applicants yet?

Im out of town right now but when I get back ill start seeing who all has applied

I agree the stadium needs some attention. I think if they get the right coach in there you will start seeing some.

Yes the track needs upgrading. Sad you have qualiying kids year in and year out and can't have home meets.

It has been said that the school got some money for upgrades to the stadiums. Not sure what the plans are.

Yes the stadium should be the first thing taken care of and they are suppose to work on the stadium this summer but who knows.

Also the uniforms price tag was $14,300.

Edited by Rhea Co.

There's been talks of stadium improvements for years. A new track. New turf. A new track would cost over $100k. I agree that a new track is desperately needed. It would be great for the up and coming track team. It would also be a great training asset for the football team. The turf is not really necessary. The field has been in great shape the past couple seasons. However, as long as they discuss turf, the longer they'll put off a new track. If they put in a track, then decided to put in turf, they'd have to tear up the track in order to install the turf.

I would like to see bleachers put up all over the stadium, and not just for the season ticket holders. I would think that would help with the stadium's appearance.

Overall, I do still think we have one of the best stadiums to play in East Tennessee.

I was just wondering, Mitchell does not want the head job and Davis is the only other person who has been on staff for the last 5 years. Checking a program from last year, I see that he has like 23 or 24 years experience with coaching football. Why does anyone not think that he would be interested in the head coaching position? He has worked in several of the programs here at Rhea County and done a great job. Our special teams have won us numerous games over the years. Jash, Hester and Rickert plus Spider Monkey have all earned All Region honors. He has good discipline, is very fair and has great knowledge of all aspects of the game. I do not see him moving anytime soon with a daughter (I think a 9th grader) and another son who has done well in little eagles and the dizzy dean league. I see him moving this program forward in a very positive way.

Exactly what did this man ask for? I recall up until a small handful of years ago the 'team' bank account was his wallet. I can remember a couple occasions when the school year was near end, the baseball team had to come up with a few hundred dollars in order to cover bills because the money had disappeared., Since he hadn't won a district championship in a few years (2001 I believe), maybe that had something to do with his departure. I'm not so sure they even won a district or region game last year.

Sorry, that's another sport. However, I did feel the need to point that out. I was a supporter of Golden Eagle Baseball under Caldwell, and I continue to support them under Kinney.

Stick to being a fan and supporter because nothing you said here is factually correct.

Wes Caldwell put right at, if not more, of his own money into that basbeall team/field than the school ever gave him on a yearly allowance.

Grass Seed

Fertilizer

Mule Mix to fix the infield

Paint for the outfield fence

Repairing the outfield fence after floods

Replacing uniforms and accessories (socks, hats, ect.)

Baseballs

Bats

Paying Umpires

Paying bus drivers

Paying a substitute teacher so he could work on things outside the fence at the field because HE was DEMANDED to by the AD. Things that were brought up as his shortcomings when he was fired. Things that the AD NOW has an outside party do for the new coach.

All of this WITHOUT the money to pay an assistant coach.

The list goes on and on. heck I ever know of a former player of his who was late turning in his financial aid in college and Wes loaned the kid the money so he didn't have to drop out.

The way that money magically appeared to balance the book at the end of the year is from Wes writing a personal check to the school to cover it. The man spent the money that had to be spent in order to keep Jim Rankin field in the kind of playing shape that would make the man it was named after proud. So if you want to call the "team bank account" Caldwell's personal wallet then you might have a point. The money came out of his pocket instead of going in though.

For someone who claims to be a fan and a supporter you sure don't mind taking a dump on his integrity.

Stick to being a fan and supporter because nothing you said here is factually correct.

Maybe my eyes and ears are going in my old age. Perhaps you didn't read my mentioning of not winning a region championship in ~10 years. That could possibly have had something to do with his departure. Who knows? Either way, the admin NEVER gave a reason... see a pattern forming here? :unsure: