Rhea County Eagles

kampkiffen

Section 3 "The Facility: More Response for Unsilent"

Unsilent quote: "Have you seen the field since he took the reins?" "The entire stadium looks brand new."

FACT 15- Yes, I have seen it. In 1997, thanks to the generosity of the county commission and the school board, taxpayer funds were alloted and a large group of volunteers with pride in their community and a willingness to donate their time, blood, and sweat made the dream of an on-campus baseball field a reality. I was one of those many volunteers.

Before I comment further, let me be clear that I applaude the job done this season by Coach Kinney and his squad. My issue is not with them. I am guessing Unsilent that your reference to "brand new" deals with the area outside the fences.

FACT #16- At the age of 25, I pledged to the school board that as long as I was the coach, that I would take care of the area "inside the fences." but would not and could not assume responsibility for maintenance for the school property that lies "outside the fences." For several years, we had several parents that pitched in and donated their time to maintain this for the county. Nobody had a problem with this area until we ran out of those folks. When I was told that it had become my responsibility, I struggled to accomplish this with no equiment to do that job and no access to use county equipment.

We have hosted 3 district tournaments in the past decade and have received numerous compliments about our PLAYING FIELD. I have heard several concerns about the appearance of the county property that lies adjacent to our baseball field, but none in the history of the field regarding the playing surface during the months of March, April, or May.

Wins and losses. Unsilent quote: "His team probably won more games than the previous 2-3 years combined."

Before I respond, let me again state that I am very impressed and proud of the season that the 2011 baseball team had, and I am a fan of theirs. I am proud for them and have no issue with them. My issue, Unsilent, is that your direct quote is false and disrespects the boys of 2009 & 2010.

FACT #17- The last 3 RCHS baseball won-loss records are as follows:

2009- 18-15

2010- 15-16

2011- 17-15, (maybe 17-14, not 100% sure)

Neverthless, all 3 of these squads played hard and represented our community with pride and deserve their respect.

Its almost like Unsilent just tried to pull a switchblade on Zorro.

That's what happens when Truth confronts Lie. Truth will prevail over time. Coach Caldwell is generous to his replacement, which is deserved, but I think his replacement should stand up and explain to his groupie, UnSilent, what the real deal was and is. Coach Kinney owes Coach Caldwell that much.

Thanks for the report, Coach Caldwell. My Sunday School teacher always says, "Right will prevail and wrong will fail." Some of the so-called Rhea County Christians should think about that. Certainly, Unsilent should think about it.If Unsilent is a Rhea County supporter I would hate to see what a Rhea County enemy looks like.

I agree here. When it comes to the facts very few know the real deals. They assume. But personal attacks are uncalled for. Like Caldwell said we that are supporters of our sport of choice need to be envolved and help out. Thats the way it used to be and there was no issues.

Its almost like Unsilent just tried to pull a switchblade on Zorro.

I do have one last comment for UnSilent Majority for the evening. He is so thrilled about the appearance of the area outside the baseball stadium (which the school agreed to pay to maintain this year in order to get someone to take Caldwell's job cause they had no applicants foolish enough to meet the job description given to Caldwell) that I think he should approach the Rhea County School Board and insist they make Decorating a part of any Rhea County coaching job descriptions. I can see it now. "Wanted - Baseball Coach. Must be proficient in decorating school grounds that lie within 1/2 mile of the baseball field. Minor in Color Theory a plus." We could also address Unsilent's concerns that Coach Cameron does not have a college degree. How about "Wanted Offensive Coordinator. Must be willing to carry his college degree on his person at all times (photo id also required.)" Last, but not least, "All Rhea County coaches must submit game plans to Unsilent Majority at least 24 hours prior to game time." That should take care of all of UnSilent Majority's valid concerns. LOL.

Sorry kampkiffen i am not applying for any position in the coaching field but thank you very much that is like an honorable mention. Have a nice day.

I regret the fact that I will not get to personally watch you coaching the Eagles. Ive heard your coaching is like poetry in motion, when you are playing video games. You are #1 in my book, and you can guess which finger I use to represent it.

I do have one last comment for UnSilent Majority for the evening. He is so thrilled about the appearance of the area outside the baseball stadium (which the school agreed to pay to maintain this year in order to get someone to take Caldwell's job cause they had no applicants foolish enough to meet the job description given to Caldwell) that I think he should approach the Rhea County School Board and insist they make Decorating a part of any Rhea County coaching job descriptions. I can see it now. "Wanted - Baseball Coach. Must be proficient in decorating school grounds that lie within 1/2 mile of the baseball field. Minor in Color Theory a plus." We could also address Unsilent's concerns that Coach Cameron does not have a college degree. How about "Wanted Offensive Coordinator. Must be willing to carry his college degree on his person at all times (photo id also required.)" Last, but not least, "All Rhea County coaches must submit game plans to Unsilent Majority at least 24 hours prior to game time." That should take care of all of UnSilent Majority's valid concerns. LOL.

Must purchase uniforms that match Easter basket plastic grass and candy Peeps.

I'm glad you guys all got some fire out of your systems on my account. I spoke my opinions. You disagreed. Some of my ideas have since been proved false. I'm man enough to say I was wrong. My apologies to Wes. I saw many games while you were in the Green. I remember when Jim Rankin Field was built, and that there were many games played before the lights were installed. I know you care about your players, all of them. I know you headed up the Tyler Reed Memorial in April. For everyone who got on my back about the baseball field's shape, I never once said it looked bad under Caldwell's time. I never said anything about anything about how anything looked, be it between the lines or the stadium itself. I simply said that Coach Kinney made it look brand new. I know for a fact that Wes spent many more hours than necessary on that field. From mowing to being out in the early hours of the morning putting the tarp on by himself so the boys could play, I know he put his time in on the field. I've even heard that he spent the night in the dugout. Again, I even heard players joke that he spent so much time there that he'd get married standing next to the key-hole between the dish and the hill. I know he loved Rhea County baseball. He built this squad into what it was a year ago. He led RCHS to a district title years ago, and (I think) almost the sub-state.

To clear up one last thing: Again, I am not related to any coach (past or current). Neither Wes nor Walt ever cut my child(ren), nephew, grandchild, etc. (Assuming I even have children, which you guys are doing).

You guys have a good night. Again, to me it's water off the duck's back.

Edited by UnsilentMajority

I'm glad you guys all got some fire out of your systems on my account. I spoke my opinions. You disagreed. Some of my ideas have sense been proved false. I'm man enough to say I was wrong. My apologies to Wes. I saw many games while you were in the Green. I remember when Jim Rankin Field was built, and that there were many games played before the lights were installed. I know you care about your players, all of them. I know you headed up the Tyler Reed Memorial in April. For everyone who got on my back about the baseball field's shape, I never once said it looked bad under Caldwell's time. I never said anything about anything about how anything looked, be it between the lines or the stadium itself. I simply said that Coach Kinney made it look brand new. I know for a fact that Wes spent many more hours than necessary on that field. From mowing to being out in the early hours of the morning putting the tarp on by himself so the boys could play, I know he put his time in on the field. I've even heard that he spent the night in the dugout. Again, I even heard players joke that he spent so much time there that he'd get married standing next to the key-hole between the dish and the hill. I know he loved Rhea County baseball. He built this squad into what it was a year ago. He led RCHS to a district title years ago, and (I think) almost the sub-state.

To clear up one last thing: Again, I am not related to any coach (past or current). Neither Wes nor Walt ever cut my child(ren), nephew, grandchild, etc. (Assuming I even have children, which you guys are doing).

You guys have a good night. Again, to me it's water off the duck's back.

Do you have any understanding of what it means to accuse coachs of illegal actions? To accuse coach

Good Lord! Do you even come close to understanding what it means to accuse people of illegal activities? Or to accuse coaches of having no college degree? So now, you say, "Oh I meant no harm." Of course you meant harm. Your words show you meant harm.You have no problem trashing coaches who don't even coach anymore. Do you understand that you can ruin peoples' professions with your uninformed hate spilled comments? I hope somebody sues you, assuming you have the guts to show your face.