Big win for Maryville.

REBELRON

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Final: Farragut 5, Maryville 1.

I did get to see this game. Pfeiffer looked good but maybe rusty from his layoff. Maryville had some good cuts and plenty of opportunities due to walks and wild pitches. He still only gave up two hits. A 2-hitter from your pitcher and 2 homeruns from your all-american catcher make it tough for your opponent! It will take a very good team to beat those two this year.

Any thoughts why teams pitch to Delmonico in close games with Farragut? I would definitely consider making an all district player beat me instead of the 1st round draft pick getting the chance. But then again, I am only a second guessing spectator watching from the bleachers. Does he have many intentional walks this year? :popcorneater:

I did get to see this game. Pfeiffer looked good but maybe rusty from his layoff. Maryville had some good cuts and plenty of opportunities due to walks and wild pitches. He still only gave up two hits. A 2-hitter from your pitcher and 2 homeruns from your all-american catcher make it tough for your opponent! It will take a very good team to beat those two this year.

Any thoughts why teams pitch to Delmonico in close games with Farragut? I would definitely consider making an all district player beat me instead of the 1st round draft pick getting the chance. But then again, I am only a second guessing spectator watching from the bleachers. Does he have many intentional walks this year? :popcorneater:

I'm not sure either strong, Maryville looked tough last night and they always play us well. I agree though, especially after he hit #1, I wouldn't have pitched to him again. Luckily for us, both of them are finally healthy again. And to answer your last question, Nicky hasn't had many pitches to hit this year which is a big part of why his stats are down a lot. Good luck today

I heard that Xander Taylor (Farragut's #2 pitcher) is hurt and could not pitch against Maryville. He last started against Science Hill against Norris. If Taylor can't pitch, and the way Chandler has pitched in his last few games, it will be difficult to win state. Pfeifer could win the Region semi and then sectional but will need help in state. Unfortunately for Farragut he can't pitch every game.

I heard that Xander Taylor (Farragut's #2 pitcher) is hurt and could not pitch against Maryville. He last started against Science Hill against Norris. If Taylor can't pitch, and the way Chandler has pitched in his last few games, it will be difficult to win state. Pfeifer could win the Region semi and then sectional but will need help in state. Unfortunately for Farragut he can't pitch every game.

Those are my thoughts exactly. Pfeifer can get you to state on the simple fact he can pitch those two games. And he can win you the first game of state which puts you in a good spot, but they definitely need someone to step up and win a game or two.

Those are my thoughts exactly. Pfeifer can get you to state on the simple fact he can pitch those two games. And he can win you the first game of state which puts you in a good spot, but they definitely need someone to step up and win a game or two.

Maryville is an excellent baseball team, well coached, plays smart and has a solid defense. They look confident and play as a team.

One additional Farragut thought.......even if the other starters (excluding Taylor) could hold the opposition to 6-7 runs they are not hitting (except for Miller & Delmonico) and can not out slug the opposition. Hitting has been inconsistent leaving many runners in scoring position every game. Some players consistently looking at strike three at a ball thrown down the middle of the plate. Many mental (baserunning, covering bases, etc. and physical errors. It almost seems that they have lost confidence and are playing scared. The coach needs to get them going. Get in their faces and if anyone isn't ready to give it their all, sit him down.

If they play close to their potential they will win their fourth state championship in a row. I have no doubt about that.