Sam Fender - Greeneville

Bree Hall - Knoxville Fulton

Anne Hammaker - CAK

Ann Jones - Liberty

Keiona Kerby - Liberty

Cassidy Martin - Pigeon Forge

Elizabeth Masengil - McMinn Central

Ansley Ricker - South Greene

Wow. Gotta say I'm surprised that Pigeon Forge got 2 on the team. Not sure about Liberty getting 2 either. The two from McMinn are legit. No offense meant to any of the young ladies on either of these teams because I don't know any of them, but both played in the weakest side of the AA state tournament bracket and were beaten. Macon Co won that side of the bracket (over Lipscomb, Liberty and PF) and got no recognition at all.

Wow. Gotta say I'm surprised that Pigeon Forge got 2 on the team. Not sure about Liberty getting 2 either. The two from McMinn are legit. No offense meant to any of the young ladies on either of these teams because I don't know any of them, but both played in the weakest side of the AA state tournament bracket and were beaten. Macon Co won that side of the bracket (over Lipscomb, Liberty and PF) and got no recognition at all.

Since when is All-State based on how players play in the state tournament? There's no doubt that both Jones and Kirby deserve to be on the team. They were both instrumental in leading Liberty to 30 wins, including 2 wins over North Side, 2 wins over McNairy, 2 wins over Westview, 2 wins over Bolivar, wins over Briarcrest, Gibson Co., and Obion Co. in a regional elimination game. Both ladies had bad games against Macon Co. in the state semis, but hats off to Macon for making that happen. I'm not sure how Macon got left off the team, but Jones and Kirby are deserving. BTW...Kirby just recently signed to play at Murray St., while Jones is headed to Memphis.

Since when is All-State based on how players play in the state tournament? There's no doubt that both Jones and Kirby deserve to be on the team. They were both instrumental in leading Liberty to 30 wins, including 2 wins over North Side, 2 wins over McNairy, 2 wins over Westview, 2 wins over Bolivar, wins over Briarcrest, Gibson Co., and Obion Co. in a regional elimination game. Both ladies had bad games against Macon Co. in the state semis, but hats off to Macon for making that happen. I'm not sure how Macon got left off the team, but Jones and Kirby are deserving. BTW...Kirby just recently signed to play at Murray St., while Jones is headed to Memphis.

All-State is not based on how players play in the state tournament. However, this is the only venue available all year to see how players stack up against one another. I'm still puzzled by the fact PF got 2 picks. Maybe both Jones and Kirby are deserving from Liberty, but I just found it odd no one from Macon got any consideration. BTW, I'm not from Macon nor do I know much about their team. Good luck to both Jones and Kirby at the next level.