Beech Coaches

tandem

The only "mutiny" was from some parents who were upset at lack of playing time for their children.

First it was the old coaches were jealousy of the new coaches, now it's parents complaining about their princesses not getting to play. Parents have complained for years that their daughters should be playing, but very few coaches (none that I'm aware of) get fired for this, especially if the team is winning. But for sake of argument let's assume you are right. What guarantee do you have that new coaches would mean more playing time for your baby, none.

The fact of the matter is the new coach was doing a great job.

By who's standards? Don't get me wrong, winning is important, especially at programs like Beech, Riverdale, and Soddy. Which leads me to believe that the coaching staff did something so wrong that the Beech administration felt it was necessary for them to make the change before season's end. I'm sure that we will know sometime in the future what really happened, until that time I'm through with this thread.

Edited by intheshadow

We played in tournament with Beech this past weekend. Love the program but Hate to play em the past few years. I spoke with two parents separately and they said basically the same thing. Inexperience. They went on to say that the Head Coach was not the primary issue but it was his job to control assistants and the language that is used on the field and in the dug out as well as how they dealt with players. It must have been some serious language issues. I found this interesting in that none of the coaches had any high school coaching experience. Well Beech, you got what you paid for.

Well folks I got a little rumor I thought you may like to hear. The next coach at Beech will be a former coach who has been to the big dance and didn't have to pay to get in! Did I say it was a she? Did I say that she ain't a teachin in the county yet but will be comin from a team in district? Have a great weekend with all of these tournaments a startin today! Enough said! See you at the park! :flower:

Well folks I got a little rumor I thought you may like to hear. The next coach at Beech will be a former coach who has been to the big dance and didn't have to pay to get in! Did I say it was a she? Did I say that she ain't a teachin in the county yet but will be comin from a team in district? Have a great weekend with all of these tournaments a startin today! Enough said! See you at the park! :flower:

SHE is in their district currently? This should not be hard to figure it out? Are there any other schools flipping coaches next season? Hey, this could be Coaching Jeopardy !

My first Jeopardy answer is: Since it is a "she" in the district that eliminates Hendersonville and Station Camp for sure I think. If they have been to the dance before, this tid-bit eliminates Portland, Gallatin, Lebanon and Wilson Central, I think (Not sure how long their coaches have been there). That only leaves Mt. Juliet.

Answer: "Who is the Mt. Juliet Coach" ?

Hate to break it to you but you dont know what you are talking about, i talked to that coach today and it is not true.

Hate to break it to you but you dont know what you are talking about, i talked to that coach today and it is not true.

Hold it, Mr. KnowEverything said a FORMER Coach who is a female who now coaches in District 9 AAA and does not coach in their (Beech) county ????? That would NOT be the Mt. Juliet Coach cuz she ain't former !!!

Is their an assistant coach or a person at MJ that has been to the dance in the past? Or, at Wilson Central for that matter cause they are the only two that are not in the county in 9 AAA I think?!?! And, it has to be a female. Dang, I am stumped unless they have an assistant coach or a teacher at one of those schools who USED to coach and has been to the dance before.

SHE is in their district currently? This should not be hard to figure it out? Are there any other schools flipping coaches next season? Hey, this could be Coaching Jeopardy !

My first Jeopardy answer is: Since it is a "she" in the district that eliminates Hendersonville and Station Camp for sure I think. If they have been to the dance before, this tid-bit eliminates Portland, Gallatin, Lebanon and Wilson Central, I think (Not sure how long their coaches have been there). That only leaves Mt. Juliet.

Answer: "Who is the Mt. Juliet Coach" ?

Assistant, not hc. If true, I wish her the best! She is an asset to any program she's with, even though those rich rednecks didn't realize it.

• Upvote 1

Assistant, not hc. If true, I wish her the best! She is an asset to any program she's with, even though those rich rednecks didn't realize it.

Sounds like ole Green Bug aint has smart has he wishes he was....oh this right bugs crawl on the ground like a snake!

Sounds like the rest of the folks on here are pretty darn smart! :flower:

Edited by MrNoitAll

Got the scoop from a parent of one of the girls on the team. Apparently it wasn't both asst. coaches but one in particular. I also found out that the head coach was practically made to hire her from all three of the new "head c :thumb: oaches" due to the fact she was an ex player and all sec performer.

Got the scoop from a parent of one of the girls on the team. Apparently it wasn't both asst. coaches but one in particular. I also found out that the head coach was practically made to hire her from all three of the new "head c :thumb: oaches" due to the fact she was an ex player and all sec performer.

Take that scoop to the bank "Newbie" cause that be right! :flower:

I would like to take a moment to put to rest all the rumors surronding the Beech High School softball coaching position. As of today no one has been interviewed for the position. The position is open for next season and anyone interested should contact our Athletic Director Kristi Utley or our Principal Frank Cardwell at 615-824-6200. Email addresses are: kristi.utley@sumnerschools.org and frank.cardwell@sumnerschools.org

I hope this clears up the rumors that were unfortunately started by people that do not know the current situation.

Sincerely,

David E. Woods

Assistant Principal

Beech Senior High School

3126 Long Hollow Pike

Hendersonville, TN. 37075

615-824-6200

• Upvote 1