MBA Headmaster Brad Gioia Resigning?

InItToWin

In the fall of 2008, the dads on the sidelines heard a family needed money but did not know the family as the player was a freshman and not on the varsity. They rounded up $1500.00 cash and handed it to George McGugin on the field and told him to get it to the family. No secret- it was done in the open with many contributors. George McGugin, a board member at the time, did not know the family or the name. He went and got a cashiers check...he did not add to the pot...and put the check in an unmarked envelope which only said give to Chris Simonis. He put it in Daniel McGugin's faculty mailbox and did not tell his son. The coach opened the envelope, looked at the check, and passed it on to the player to give to his parents without questioning anything. This happened September 12, 2008. The family took it and said nothing about it until April 1, 2011 in writing to the headmaster. McGugin fired shortly thereafter for irregularities in financial aid.

The guys that pitched in to help somebody they did not know is classic MBA generosity with wonderful intentions. It has come back to bite them. They are sick to their stomachs at where this has taken the school.

When I read 'wonderful intentions' I laughed. I have a feeling there were several 'wonderful intentions' by the community given to athletes. Did normal students get any intentions?

Also, why did your friends not leave funding of players to the school to hand out as scholarships? If you really wanna give kids money to play football, you should be looking to give hand outs at the University of Miami or Ohio State.

As you said, your friends might have screwed MBA over badly. Cheaters.

In the fall of 2008, the dads on the sidelines heard a family needed money but did not know the family as the player was a freshman and not on the varsity. They rounded up $1500.00 cash and handed it to George McGugin on the field and told him to get it to the family. No secret- it was done in the open with many contributors. George McGugin, a board member at the time, did not know the family or the name. He went and got a cashiers check...he did not add to the pot...and put the check in an unmarked envelope which only said give to Chris Simonis. He put it in Daniel McGugin's faculty mailbox and did not tell his son. The coach opened the envelope, looked at the check, and passed it on to the player to give to his parents without questioning anything. This happened September 12, 2008. The family took it and said nothing about it until April 1, 2011 in writing to the headmaster. McGugin fired shortly thereafter for irregularities in financial aid.

The guys that pitched in to help somebody they did not know is classic MBA generosity with wonderful intentions. It has come back to bite them. They are sick to their stomachs at where this has taken the school.

TSSAA is investigating much bigger issues at MBA. Thank headmaster Gioia.

Don't be misled by this "story" from "deadaim", because that is all it is. At least the third Fairy Tale of how money was gathered. It tries to exonerate the corrupt coach by stirring alumni emotions around how generous parents get it stuck to them. I agree that MBA, as well as Ensworth, Lipscomb, and Ryan parents are very generous and giving. that has nothing at all to do with the actions of the coach. He broke the rules and was caught. Don't lose site of that fact because that is the only fact that has been published on this board.

Madam, I am not trying to exonerate the coach. He violated some TSSAA rules. Your lack of information on the details is unfortunate. I think it will be productive for you to request from the school the tapes of all of the interviews by TSSAA and the reports turned in by MBA to the TSSAA. If that does not satisfy you or if you hit a dead end, call Tate Rich on the MBA board. He wrote the first report and may very well answer your questions. If that does not satisfy you, you need to ask any board member who attended any board meeting this calendar year until George McGugin resigned. If that does not work, check the list of the senior football fathers from 2008 and ask them-some still have kids on the team. If that does not satisfy you, George McGugin will give you an affidavit. If you do not want his affidavit, you can call him. Lastly, if you are still not satisfied and believe I have come up with a "story", make an appointment to see the MBA lawyers.

If you have any credible information that this money came from some other source, you need to call Mr. Childress at TSSAA. You will have to put it in writing and sign your name as rumors out there are not investigated.

Madam, I am not trying to exonerate the coach. He violated some TSSAA rules. Your lack of information on the details is unfortunate. I think it will be productive for you to request from the school the tapes of all of the interviews by TSSAA and the reports turned in by MBA to the TSSAA. If that does not satisfy you or if you hit a dead end, call Tate Rich on the MBA board. He wrote the first report and may very well answer your questions. If that does not satisfy you, you need to ask any board member who attended any board meeting this calendar year until George McGugin resigned. If that does not work, check the list of the senior football fathers from 2008 and ask them-some still have kids on the team. If that does not satisfy you, George McGugin will give you an affidavit. If you do not want his affidavit, you can call him. Lastly, if you are still not satisfied and believe I have come up with a "story", make an appointment to see the MBA lawyers.

If you have any credible information that this money came from some other source, you need to call Mr. Childress at TSSAA. You will have to put it in writing and sign your name as rumors out there are not investigated.

Young Lady, you are too funny. Your posts are getting more and more desperate and this name dropping is really topping the cake. Sorry but you don't fool me.

• 2 weeks later...

Young Lady, you are too funny. Your posts are getting more and more desperate and this name dropping is really topping the cake. Sorry but you don't fool me.

I am not trying to fool anyone and that is the reason I have a five star rating. Do you still not know the details? Ask the board for the two letters sent to TSSAA self reporting the potential violations. I do not think there is any other way to convince you that nobody was watching the hen house while the foxes hid in the weeds.

I am not trying to fool anyone and that is the reason I have a five star rating. Do you still not know the details? Ask the board for the two letters sent to TSSAA self reporting the potential violations. I do not think there is any other way to convince you that nobody was watching the hen house while the foxes hid in the weeds.

Everyone watch out...we have a 5 star rated poster on here, whatever the heck that means, and if anyone actually cares.

To me, all it means is somene found a way to make themselves look better on coach t and is self rating.

MBA was once 5 star too...