CoachT Stinks now...

easttnref

Where's BigG when you need him? If girls soccer is dead in the fall, then we've got a problem.

When your not in the mix, it's hard to keep up. There have actually been days when I have not checked the boards!!! Wow, how things have changed!

Eurosport has changed a lot, too. Don't know if I like the new style or not.

I'll be back for the rest of the season, you can count on that.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When your not in the mix, it's hard to keep up. There have actually been days when I have not checked the boards!!! Wow, how things have changed!

Eurosport has changed a lot, too. Don't know if I like the new style or not.

I'll be back for the rest of the season, you can count on that.

In addition to the boards, it is also waning in the stands. For Boys Soccer, season matches are looking like a ghost town in the stands. It one thing when you have the walkout before the game and the players outnumber the fans....its another when the number of refs outnumber the fans in the stands.

I would say attendance has dropped by 50-70% at matches in boys soccer.

The boards are very stale. Likely other locations for the chatter (Facebook, etc)

In addition to the boards, it is also waning in the stands. For Boys Soccer, season matches are looking like a ghost town in the stands. It one thing when you have the walkout before the game and the players outnumber the fans....its another when the number of refs outnumber the fans in the stands.

I would say attendance has dropped by 50-70% at matches in boys soccer.

The boards are very stale. Likely other locations for the chatter (Facebook, etc)

Other Theories:

1. The novelty is wearing off.

2. (Mentioned above)People start to realize that they're making comments / playing out vendettas about 16 year old boys / girls.

3. Too much thought policing on this board (instead of dealing with a controversial comment, the thread is shut down or the person is attacked).

Another theory:

Other social networking sites (e.g. Facebook, Formspring, Twitter) are draining off interest.

I think this may be the main cause.

I am a moderator on the football boards and the volume of traffic on coacht is way down from previous years. Though a lot busier than the soccer forum it is not even close to what it was 2-3 years ago. As a soccer fan I am glad to say I have not seen any drop off in attendance at the games which is what really counts.

Another theory:

Other social networking sites (e.g. Facebook, Formspring, Twitter) are draining off interest.

Agreed- Probably comes down to time limits for many...Plus, perhaps as players graduate, the parents are not handing down the torch to the younger player's parents...I am personally a DONCHATT handme down, and really only follow GIRLS SOCCER...As far as Notre Dame Girls is concerned I did notice a drop off from last season, we had such a small freshman number of players, there aren't too many to pass on to so far...perhaps next year, as Notre Dame gains Danielle Ciabattone's younger sister, and some others, we will see the return of some familiar names from the past..at least on the Girls Soccer Forum...

D

Along with possible lack of interest from parents/players graduating and moving on and no replacements. I think many coaches may be cracking down on allowing posts. Just like with twitter or facebook, if someone comes on here saying something offensive or volatile; it only works to motivate an opponent. I know we only try to step in to moderate when attacks become personal or malicious. Heck I kinda miss those days going back and forth with Easttnref (Tho, she now pops up on Oak Ridge Girls topics every once and awhile :mrgreen: )

Oh akula you made me blush... Ive missed you to. Shouldn't have let your buddy mute all my post for about a year. Look I bet I was more responsible for plus memberships than anyone. Hope Oakridge is treating you right. Was a rough year this year by the results I saw. You had some big shoes to fill, and im sure there was a huge contrast in coaching styles. I know you are gonna do fine. Wish you luck the guy before you was ran out of town by the piranhas out there so be careful all he did was win and that didn't help.

Thanks for the luck, Ref! Truly mean that. Don't know if you are still following Seymour as much, but we are competitors again in AAA (though only on the girls side). Funny how things happen. Maybe we need to spice the boards up again to get everyone back, just try not to bash me too bad :rolleyes:

With some results tonight, I think we can expect some chatter.

Farragut over Bearden

I heard catholic over maryville, but no confirmation yet. Craziness that only shows it is all about the post season and showing up that day. I love high school athletics.

Good luck to all who are left. Let's represent at the boro when the rest of the state thinks we're down!!!!

Thanks for the luck, Ref! Truly mean that. Don't know if you are still following Seymour as much, but we are competitors again in AAA (though only on the girls side). Funny how things happen. Maybe we need to spice the boards up again to get everyone back, just try not to bash me too bad :rolleyes:

With some results tonight, I think we can expect some chatter.

Farragut over Bearden

I heard catholic over maryville, but no confirmation yet. Craziness that only shows it is all about the post season and showing up that day. I love high school athletics.

Good luck to all who are left. Let's represent at the boro when the rest of the state thinks we're down!!!!

There is one theory that no one has even mentioned yet....that all you guys are getting old