East TN playoff matches

Panthro

Easttnref wants more topics, and a little playoff talk.

How about the east TN matchups? From what I understand, Catholic destroyed West so now they head to Maryville, while Farragut is set to play at Bearden.

Any chance that Farragut could pull an upset tomorrow night? How about Catholic?

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have not seen Maryville or Farragut play this year but I have seen Bearden and Catholic. I know Bearden is the hands on favorite and they have really played great all year. I can't see them letting off the gas especially against Farragut. That being said Farragut has improved and will be up for the challenge.

As much as I might like Catholic to do well in the contest I don't think they have improved enough to handle a really talented Maryville side. I believe Maryville would have to stumble in a big way to lose to Catholic this time around. It is really nice to see Catholic playing well at crunch time though.

I have not seen Maryville or Farragut play this year but I have seen Bearden and Catholic. I know Bearden is the hands on favorite and they have really played great all year. I can't see them letting off the gas especially against Farragut. That being said Farragut has improved and will be up for the challenge.

As much as I might like Catholic to do well in the contest I don't think they have improved enough to handle a really talented Maryville side. I believe Maryville would have to stumble in a big way to lose to Catholic this time around. It is really nice to see Catholic playing well at crunch time though.

Rumor has it that Coach Wally has Farragut playing some bunker ball. Interesting if so--tough to lose all those studs last year and have talent more in line with the rest of the district, huh, Coach C?? I haven't seen this but my sources were pretty solid. Will make for an interesting match-up at Bearden tomorrow if the Ad's have 4+ in the back in an attempt to frustrate/slow down the lethal killing machine that is Bearden soccer. Might work for a bit but the Dawgs are too gritty and blue-collar to let Farragut come onto the Bearden pitch and slip away with a win. Bearden, 3-0.

Catholic sprang the upset on West. Shocking/didn't see this one coming. Leader is a sly dude so Maryville better be prepared for a skirmish. I think Maryville's talent and experience at moving the ball around a big field will lead to a Rebel win. Say 3-1.

RE the complaint on another thread about the dead board---look no further than the writing paralysis that has struck down G, Akula, and dins. You guys need to re-enter the fray.

Easttnref wants more topics, and a little playoff talk.

How about the east TN matchups? From what I understand, Catholic destroyed West so now they head to Maryville, while Farragut is set to play at Bearden.

Any chance that Farragut could pull an upset tomorrow night? How about Catholic?

Ah... That is so much better.

Rumor has it that Coach Wally has Farragut playing some bunker ball. Interesting if so--tough to lose all those studs last year and have talent more in line with the rest of the district, huh, Coach C?? I haven't seen this but my sources were pretty solid. Will make for an interesting match-up at Bearden tomorrow if the Ad's have 4+ in the back in an attempt to frustrate/slow down the lethal killing machine that is Bearden soccer. Might work for a bit but the Dawgs are too gritty and blue-collar to let Farragut come onto the Bearden pitch and slip away with a win. Bearden, 3-0.

Catholic sprang the upset on West. Shocking/didn't see this one coming. Leader is a sly dude so Maryville better be prepared for a skirmish. I think Maryville's talent and experience at moving the ball around a big field will lead to a Rebel win. Say 3-1.

RE the complaint on another thread about the dead board---look no further than the writing paralysis that has struck down G, Akula, and dins. You guys need to re-enter the fray.

You'd think being "retired" I would have more time to post!

Never thought I would see the day that I actually agreed with something EastTNref said, but the boards have been FLAT. Some of the big time posters (Chasanooga, Reaction, etc.) have moved on, sadly.

There just hasn't been a whole lot to talk about. I don't think any one team is dominant this year, in any division (or if one is, they sure aren't posting about it on the boards).

Surprise about Catholic knocking off West. I thought West would be in the mix at the end, and Catholic had some interesting outcomes in some of their earlier games. Never count out Catholic, for sure!

Farragut and Bearden? Wow... not often you see them face in the semis. Bunker away, I say. While I don't like it, it might be all you can do in a rebuilding year.

Maryville is tough. That's all I have heard this season. Maryville and Hardin Valley. We'll see if these two can push through. Got to get through Catholic, first, and I can tell you, that is no easy task!

Akula and G have moved on. The true fans remain...

And the above fully explains why I don't post on coacht--soccer knowledge woefully lacking! 0 and 2 on my semi-final predictions--CONGRATS to both Farragut and Catholic, a 4 and 6 seed, for being the district of death reps. Two huge wins for those programs and major disappointments for Bearden and Maryville. Those 2 teams had great years but certainly had an end that neither expected. Good luck Catholic and Farragut!

Moved on? I'm still here. Just waiting for you to say something G. I follow your lead. :roflol:

Boyd plays Sweetwater tonight I believe for the district finals. Sweetwater beat them earlier this season 5-0. Boyd is very young. Give them 2 years and they will be dangerous.

Maybe easttnref can get the boards going again, even if it is just for the play offs.

Edited by reaction

Moved on? I'm still here. Just waiting for you to say something G. I follow your lead. :roflol:

Boyd plays Sweetwater tonight I believe for the district finals. Sweetwater beat them earlier this season 5-0. Boyd is very young. Give them 2 years and they will be dangerous.

Maybe easttnref can get the boards going again, even if it is just for the play offs.

When did you post last?

And the above fully explains why I don't post on coacht--soccer knowledge woefully lacking! 0 and 2 on my semi-final predictions--CONGRATS to both Farragut and Catholic, a 4 and 6 seed, for being the district of death reps. Two huge wins for those programs and major disappointments for Bearden and Maryville. Those 2 teams had great years but certainly had an end that neither expected. Good luck Catholic and Farragut!

That result just proves why they call it the District of Death. You have to play top notch soccer every game.

Rumor has it that Coach Wally has Farragut playing some bunker ball. Interesting if so--tough to lose all those studs last year and have talent more in line with the rest of the district, huh, Coach C??

Bunker ball, huh, .....? Yea, you could call it that, but it worked. Guess there is less excuses for others like yourself when the "talent is more in line with the rest of the district."