MBA Names Marty Euverard New Football Coach

RedShooter

I cannot begin to tell you all the reasons that this was a winning TD on this hire. My son played for Marty when he was at Oakland. He will be a part of our heart for life. Marty took a very divided team at OHS and a situation full of adversity and controversy and made it into a state championship team. Now I will be honest with you, Marty will stand up for what he believes is right. He will NOT back down and that may anger some of the powers that be. He will not care about what you write about him or say about him. Just be ready to say it to his face because he may come calling. But if you guys will let him do his job.... his knowledge, heart, competiveness, and enthusiasm will win you over and he will WIn with integrity , respect, and honor. Your kids will learn about God in the process too. I wish Marty and his family the very best. They are good people and his children have been raised right. I went and watched several of his games at BGA, and he's still "got it.' He is a winner through and through. Get Donnie Webb on the staff and you will see magic.

Oh and trash him on here and you will learn about us OHS folk. Once a Patriot always a Patriot.

Now I will be honest with you, Marty will stand up for what he believes is right. He will NOT back down and that may anger some of the powers that be. He will not care about what you write about him or say about him. Just be ready to say it to his face because he may come calling.

OK cool, so we now have a coach that will NOT back down from Gioia (we'll see how that goes) or track us down if we say anything bad about him. Is this what happened with him in Knoxville? I can't wait for the season.

Now I will be honest with you, Marty will stand up for what he believes is right. He will NOT back down and that may anger some of the powers that be. He will not care about what you write about him or say about him. Just be ready to say it to his face because he may come calling. But if you guys will let him do his job.... his knowledge, heart, competiveness, and enthusiasm will win you over and he will WIn with integrity , respect, and honor. Your kids will learn about God in the process too. I wish Marty and his family the very best. They are good people and his children have been raised right. I went and watched several of his games at BGA, and he's still "got it.' He is a winner through and through. Get Donnie Webb on the staff and you will see magic.

Oh and trash him on here and you will learn about us OHS folk. Once a Patriot always a Patriot.

Ordinarily, when someone prefaces a statement with the implication that they're now going to be honest with us, what follows is an attempt to explain away soemone's faults. If what you've described here are the man's flaws, I think we (those of us from MBA) can live with them. I've heard from other coaches, and from a source close to the program that he is indeed top flight. Now, if we can get the rest of it sorted out...

Ordinarily, when someone prefaces a statement with the implication that they're now going to be honest with us, what follows is an attempt to explain away soemone's faults. If what you've described here are the man's flaws, I think we (those of us from MBA) can live with them. I've heard from other coaches, and from a source close to the program that he is indeed top flight. Now, if we can get the rest of it sorted out...

To some that may be considered a fault, to folk like me that is called a strength. I can't say enough good things about Coach U. Get ready to hear some Phil Collins "Calling in the Air" on game night.

Take this from one who's son did NOT play for him, but watched his work from across the field when R'dale was really good and reeling off 6+ straight trips to the Blue Cross Bowl. While R'dale was literally walking over EVERY team in the old Region 4, Coach E's team was the one constant. They always were a threat to beat us.

I only got to meet Coach E once in passing before one of the infamous 'Battle of the Boro' games. What I came away with is he is a Coach I liked, and more importantly RESPECTED!

It is really going to be interesting to watch him with a team that has both talent and decent support and facilities.

Only suggestion is GET Donnie Webb to go with him. As a team they can and WILL win!