Lebanon High School

LostTime

Just saw on the TSSAA bulletin board that Lebanon was looking for a boys basketball coach. What happened to Doug Keil?

According to the Wilson Post Coach Keil was fired over the phone on Sunday by principal Myra Sloan after having met with her a couple of times since the end of the season and being assured that he was in no danger of being let go. Really bad timing for such a move.

According to the Wilson Post Coach Keil was fired over the phone on Sunday by principal Myra Sloan after having met with her a couple of times since the end of the season and being assured that he was in no danger of being let go. Really bad timing for such a move.

I've spoken with lebanon players over the past month or so and the majority of them said that he would be fired before next year. from what i was told, some of them had a meeting with one of the school administrators trying to keep coach keil from coming back for another year of coaching at lebanon and it looks like their meeting was a successful one. good luck to the blue devils next year though!

Any word on who the leading candidates are for the job. Rumor in Cookeville is Kevin Thomas (Shelbyville) and Michael Voss (Blackman Assistant) are the top 2 candidates for the job. Any other names out there.

What about alumni like Troy Bond (Wilson Central) or Matt Bradshaw (Watertown)?

You would think the Lebanon folks would love to have these two guys back on the sidelines in a new gym/school.

What about alumni like Troy Bond (Wilson Central) or Matt Bradshaw (Watertown)?

You would think the Lebanon folks would love to have these two guys back on the sidelines in a new gym/school.

I watched Bradshaw coach at Friendship for many years and also at Watertown this past year and i think he would be a great coach for the job. He lead Watertown to one of their best records in years and LHS has the players and potential for him to do the same there

Bond and Bradshaw are both very good coaches. I don't think Bond would leave Central to go to Lebanon. I think Bradshaw would be more likely to go back to LHS. I don't know about the climate at LHS right now. definitely a lot of turnover going on in the building and not just with coaches.

• 1 month later...