AA State Tourny Thread

TriplesAlley

We played three of the teams (Spring Hill, David Libscomb, Lexington). Lexington has the best lineup and they have faced good pitching all year, but I don't know how deep their rotation goes. Spring Hill and Libscomb were both very solid. I thought Libscomb had a better lineup and the pitcher we faced was very good. Also they brought a lefty in to pitch to one lefty batter and he came in and got the job done. Spring Hill was very poised and confident. Right now I would give the edge to Libscomb between the two. Any one of the three could be dominant. We didn't face Milan, but from what I have heard from them I don't think they have the bats that Lexington does and I think they are a long shot. That is only an impression that I have gotten from listening to some games on the radio and may not be very accurate.

Just wondering who is WE.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So basically you know nothing or have no clue what so ever. Let's see in your previous post Lexington lost last year because they dyed their hair and Polk will lose because they shaved their heads and they have not ever been in the tournament? I think Farragut did something similar to this last year I guess they didn't know they were suppose to act like they had been there before! If your going to make prediction give us something that actually has some validity.

I said act like YOU'VE been there before, not, act like Farragut when they went last year. Now I really think they will be gone before lunch on Wed!!!

We played three of the teams (Spring Hill, David Libscomb, Lexington). Lexington has the best lineup and they have faced good pitching all year, but I don't know how deep their rotation goes. Spring Hill and Libscomb were both very solid. I thought Libscomb had a better lineup and the pitcher we faced was very good. Also they brought a lefty in to pitch to one lefty batter and he came in and got the job done. Spring Hill was very poised and confident. Right now I would give the edge to Libscomb between the two. Any one of the three could be dominant. We didn't face Milan, but from what I have heard from them I don't think

they have the bats that Lexington does and I think they are

a long shot. That is only an impression that I have gotten

from listening to some games on the radio and may not be very accurate.

I don't think you have a clue what you are talking about. Milan can swing the living pisa out of the bats. Lipscomb just got passed a team in the regional championship that Spring Hill completely demolished in Shb-State. From what I've heard Spring Hill has the deepest pitching staff in the state, all classes. 4 or 5 guys that could be their number 1. I pick Spring Hill to win it all.

My son played for Camden and I am going by what I saw. We played Spring Hill and Lipscomb back to back and I though Lipscomb was the better team. We scored 4 on Spring Hill and left several runners on. We scored 2 against Lipscomb and didn't have much going besides that. Between Lipscomb, Spring Hill, and Lexington, Spring Hill seemed to be the weakest lineup (Not that it was weak, just not as solid as the other two). I have heard the same thing about the depth of the pitching staff for Spring Hill and that could be the thing that puts them over the top. But I don't think it will be a runaway by anybody and any of the three could win it all.

As for the Milan bats I said i could be mistaken. But that was the impression I got. I listened to a few innings of the Chester Co. game and they weren't doing much with the ball (but did score several runs late). And Lexington scored 19 on them so I would say they have the edge there.

My son played for Camden and I am going by what I saw. We played Spring Hill and Lipscomb back to back and I though Lipscomb was the better team. We scored 4 on Spring Hill and left several runners on. We scored 2 against Lipscomb and didn't have much going besides that. Between Lipscomb, Spring Hill, and Lexington, Spring Hill seemed to be the weakest lineup (Not that it was weak, just not as solid as the other two). I have heard the same thing about the depth of the pitching staff for Spring Hill and that could be the thing that puts them over the top. But I don't think it will be a runaway by anybody and any of the three could win it all.

As for the Milan bats I said i could be mistaken. But that was the impression I got. I listened to a few innings of the Chester Co. game and they weren't doing much with the ball (but did score several runs late). And Lexington scored 19 on them so I would say they have the edge there.

I think Spring Hill threw a sophmore against you, so i'm not really sure about the whole 4 runs vs 2 runs. Is it apples to apple. Perhaps lipscomb is the better team. Looking forward to watching everyone play! Good Luck!

Edited by Slider

I think Spring Hill threw a sophmore against you, so i'm not really sure about the whole 4 runs vs 2 runs. Is it apples to apple. Perhaps lipscomb is the better team. Looking forward to watching everyone play! Good Luck!

Spring Hill has the best pitching in the tourney and they will win it all. They have 1-4 that could all be legit 1's at alot of schools. there # 3 threw a no hitter against Page. You cannot base a teams ability on a 1 game series. especially if it is not a win or go home game.

Spring Hill has the best pitching in the tourney and they will win it all. They have 1-4 that could all be legit 1's at alot of schools. there # 3 threw a no hitter against Page. You cannot base a teams ability on a 1 game series. especially if it is not a win or go home game.

Maybe they are the best pitching staff in the tournament, but what are you basing this claim on? A friend of mine used to say..."he is the best at (insert impressive claim here). If you don't believe it, just ask him!"

My son plays for Spring Hill and I am going to say that the 4 runs you all got off of him were by homeruns that on a "Big Boy" field were routine fly balls. Spring Hill did not have to hit one homerun to score 7 runs. Not that we can't hit the long ball though. We have one kid that has hit 14, two or three with 5 or 6, and on hit three in the sub state game alone. I don't think the line up is can even be mentioned in the weakest lineups.

My son plays for Spring Hill and I am going to say that the 4 runs you all got off of him were by homeruns that on a "Big Boy" field were routine fly balls. Spring Hill did not have to hit one homerun to score 7 runs. Not that we can't hit the long ball though. We have one kid that has hit 14, two or three with 5 or 6, and on hit three in the sub state game alone. I don't think the line up is can even be mentioned in the weakest lineups.

Yes, our four runs were off homeruns that you can tell yourself were routine pop flys if that makes you feel better. We also left bases loaded twice and runners on almost every inning. Center fielder made a great catch to save two runs one inning. YOU got four of your seven runs off errors, not hitting. Your lineup definitely does not match up to Lexington's and I don't think it does to Lipscomb's. And again, I am not saying it is weak, it just isn't as good as the other two from what I saw. You may very well win state and score 20 runs a game but I didn't see it. There is no doubt you are a very good team and can beat anybody. BUT so are Lexington and Lipscomb.