Rhea County Coach Resigns

Rhea Co.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

probably the same reason the football coaches and soccer coaches quit.

No, she is not pregnant (like the Soccer coach), and she was not turned down by the administration when she wanted more money for her assistants, upgrades to the facilities, and her son did not pass away this year (like the football coach).

Fact is she did not like Rhea County; she was looking for another job for awhile. She left after one season. But some would not blame her because she got a pay raise. As a father of a player I do not like the fact that my daughter will have her third coach in as many years.

She is a young coach that has a lot to learn. Yes we played well at times, and reached are peak in the district tournament, but I do not think there will be many tears shed over her leaving though.

So I know some will take shoots at us, and I know that coaches are not standing in line the coach at RCHS, but hopefully we can find a coach who will do us a good job, and treat are girls right.

No, she is not pregnant (like the Soccer coach), and she was not turned down by the administration when she wanted more money for her assistants, upgrades to the facilities, and her son did not pass away this year (like the football coach).

Fact is she did not like Rhea County; she was looking for another job for awhile. She left after one season. But some would not blame her because she got a pay raise. As a father of a player I do not like the fact that my daughter will have her third coach in as many years.

She is a young coach that has a lot to learn. Yes we played well at times, and reached are peak in the district tournament, but I do not think there will be many tears shed over her leaving though.

So I know some will take shoots at us, and I know that coaches are not standing in line the coach at RCHS, but hopefully we can find a coach who will do us a good job, and treat are girls right.

Had a very competitive squad in a tough district. Fact is that you can not build a program turning over coaches. Seems like Rhea would be a good place to coach any sport. Three middle schools feed the high school so the feeder program is in place. What is it? Pay? School Administration? Parents/Boosters?

I agree the revolving door for softball coaches has to stop. The program needs a coach who can create stability and grow it to its potential. Really it has been like 5 or 6 coaches in like 10 years, which is rediculous. The girls do deserve better.

Had a very competitive squad in a tough district. Fact is that you can not build a program turning over coaches. Seems like Rhea would be a good place to coach any sport. Three middle schools feed the high school so the feeder program is in place. What is it? Pay? School Administration? Parents/Boosters?

It has been a little bit of everything over the years.

Edited by Rhea Co.

• 2 weeks later...

Rhea Co needs to hire someone local. Then you do not have to worry about the coach using Rhea as a stepping stone to something better. "No" the pay is not great at the middle school or high school level. But the pay is not what it is all about if you are a true coach. A true coach is there for the love of the game, teaching young players the game and preparing them for the next level. The talent is there, no doubt. I agree with the coaching changes being ridiculous, I have followed Rhea softball for years. Goodin, Crowder, Eldredge, Hayes, Stiles..... I believe Leah Price (Carson Newman) is graduating soon. Someone who would stay around since her family is from Rhea and she played there. Just saying.....not that my opinion matters!