Mcminn central

I'm not as familiar with the students at central as I have been in years past, but traditionally the best athletes at chs have not played football. Instead they played basketball and baseball. From watching central athletics the past couple years in particular, the talent pool in every athletic program is way down. It will be back at some point, but right now it is very bad across the board. Could the little league programs do more to prepare the kids?? Probably so. Could the coaches do a better job??? Probably so. Does a 170 lb D linemanhave a chance against a 260 lb pulling guard and a 230 lb full back from polk co???? Heck no!!! I'm just trying to say its hard to make chicken salad from well you know...

I agree the talent is down a little but that is where the coach needs to look at his needs going into each season and how he is going to offset them. Good coaches can win with less talent. Nobody is saying win the district but at least win a few games. What I saw last year was pityful.

Does anyone think that central will compete against the teams in the scrimmage this week??

UUUHHH,,,,,no. :thumb: But I did read what might be good news in the Chatt. Times this morning. 18 of the 45 players on Notre Dames roster are Freshman. So I'm thinking maybe just maybe Central might.......... :unsure: