Team Stadiums

Well Ambassador Duckman is telling the truth. The middle scholl is the former Highschool. The new Highschool is relocated ofcourse and is about 2miles from the mid school. I suppose tradition and more or less costs of a new stadium are the reasons for not biulding a new one.

You're right Swo, building a new stadium had been talked about in the past when they built the new high school, but obviously that didn't pan out.

They decided on renovating the present stadium as it would be much cheaper, only around $800,000, instead of a 2-3 million for an all new stadium. Now it's a quality high school stadium. You don't see too many high schools in Tennessee our size that has enough seating for nearly 3000 seated fans, and can hold approximately 5,000 if you include the standing fans, along with two full size pressboxes and concession stands/restrooms.

Ironically, Rebel Stadium is better/nicer than several of the NAIA football stadiums I've been to during my time with the Bethel football team.

Then the question of what to do with the old stadium once the new one is built...bulldoze it or use it for the middle school. If you leave it, now you have to pay twice as much money taking care of the facilities and field maintenance. Bulldoze it, you destroy a piece of Rebel history and a fairly decent stadium.

It'd been great to get a new stadium but I like what we have now since the renovations were completed. And presently there are a few more renovations going on at the stadium that should be completed this summer.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic