Favorite all time great games

swanson71

I was reading a football article and it listed some great football games that have been played, so what are some of the greatest girls basketball games you've ever seen.

Personally, the best game i've ever witnessed was the girls district 7a championship game between RBS and Jackson County. Both teams were at some point in the season ranked #1 in the A.P. Poll. Both teams were in the state tournament that year and RBS lost in the first round to the eventual state champions, Forrest, and JC lost in the State Championship game to Forrest. So the game between RBS and JC went into 3 O/T's and was back and forth the hole game. It was a great game with 2 of the best teams in the state.

So what are some other great games!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My favorite had to have been Gibson's state championship win over McMinn Central 2 years ago. McMinn dominated the first half and Heather Butler dominated the second half. Down by 11 at the half, Butler pulled Gibson Co. back into a slight lead going into the 4th quarter. She continued her dominant second half in the 4th leading Gibson Co. to a state championship. If anyone watched this game, you'd agree that it was an exciting game to watch and possibly one of the most dominant showcases by an individual player in a state championship as she finished the state championship with 33 points.

As a neutral observer of another game between Liberty Tech and Bradford several years ago in the Dyersburg Christmas tourny, Liberty and Bradford went into 6 OT's. The kicker here is, Liberty finished the game with only 4 players on the floor. Liberty had like 5 players foul out in the game. Bradford went onto win the game in the 6th OT.

Edited by GCPioneer

My favorite had to have been Gibson's state championship win over McMinn Central 2 years ago. McMinn dominated the first half and Heather Butler dominated the second half. Down by 11 at the half, Butler pulled Gibson Co. back into a slight lead going into the 4th quarter. She continued her dominant second half in the 4th leading Gibson Co. to a state championship. If anyone watched this game, you'd agree that it was an exciting game to watch and possibly one of the most dominant showcases by an individual player in a state championship as she finished the state championship with 33 points.

That was the best example of a players will to win that I can recall. :flower: I thought it was over at the half. :ph34r:

96 or 97 Millington at Hamilton substate game. Kevin McMillan's last game as the Lady Trojan head coach. Very intense game. Millington made a big run to take momentum from

The favored Wildcat team and it looked like the Lady Trojans were poised to win the game and make their 2nd trip to the big dance in four years. That's when the lights mysteriously go out. Power failure....nope! The concession stand was stll on. All these years later, i am still confident that the lights were turned out on purpose. I guess only Robert Newman knows for sure! Go Lady Trojans!

I have a couple that come to mind... one being the 2010 AA state title game between Gibson County and McMinn Central GC was down 11 at half and 19 midway through the 3 quarter before coming back to win...the other is the 96 AA state title game between Martin Westview and Livingston Academy...LA was nationally ranked and had 2 miss baskeball finalist in Tiffany Krantz and Sunday Watson...the game went back and forth when Krantz hit a three with seconds left to put LA up one until Westiew's Tasha Atkins drove the length of the floor and got fouled with .7 seconds left and hit both free throws to put Westview up one and give them the win

96 or 97 Millington at Hamilton substate game. Kevin McMillan's last game as the Lady Trojan head coach. Very intense game. Millington made a big run to take momentum from

The favored Wildcat team and it looked like the Lady Trojans were poised to win the game and make their 2nd trip to the big dance in four years. That's when the lights mysteriously go out. Power failure....nope! The concession stand was stll on. All these years later, i am still confident that the lights were turned out on purpose. I guess only Robert Newman knows for sure! Go Lady Trojans!

only in memphis would this happen !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ive seen very mmany examples of unscruplous tactics used by memphis schools happen to help their teams win in sub-state games both boys and girls

As a neutral observer of another game between Liberty Tech and Bradford several years ago in the Dyersburg Christmas tourny, Liberty and Bradford went into 6 OT's. The kicker here is, Liberty finished the game with only 4 players on the floor. Liberty had like 5 players foul out in the game. Bradford went onto win the game in the 6th OT.

If it was the game about 3 or 4 years ago. Bradford finished the game with 4 players. The freshman street had a team high 17. Coach P did a great job. Walsmith, Erica, Combs, and I think tubbs all fouled out. Not sure about Tubbs though.

If it was the game about 3 or 4 years ago. Bradford finished the game with 4 players. The freshman street had a team high 17. Coach P did a great job. Walsmith, Erica, Combs, and I think tubbs all fouled out. Not sure about Tubbs though.

Yes, that's the game I'm talking about. I thought Liberty had 4 players left...my bad. It was a wild game. Players cramping up left and right. I can't say that I've ever watched a basketball game go into 6 OT's and 4 players remaining on the court for 1 of the teams, lol.

On a side note roundball, do you think Street will follow in the family's footsteps and go to Union or will she follow Molly and go to Bethel?

Yes, that's the game I'm talking about. I thought Liberty had 4 players left...my bad. It was a wild game. Players cramping up left and right. I can't say that I've ever watched a basketball game go into 6 OT's and 4 players remaining on the court for 1 of the teams, lol.

On a side note roundball, do you think Street will follow in the family's footsteps and go to Union or will she follow Molly and go to Bethel?

Union has been after her. If I was to make a guess I would say Union is the front runner. But she is one of the best track runners in the state. She should have some big time schools after her for track. But I know she wants to play b-ball. The word is Union is moving up to div. 2 NCAA next year 2012/13. So they will not have the number of scholarships as in the NAIA. I can't see her going to Bethel, but you never know.