Cleveland Football

Charlie isn't taking away from "the Athlete", I said "over-rated"!!! I'm all for local coverage, but don't kid yourself, there might be a FCS caliber player or two on the CHS and BCHS roster,,, MAYBE! But there's not any FBS talent, let alone SEC!! Stovall (BCHS) is the best prospect in the bunch, and I'm guessing he'll play basketball.

yo bud

ever heard of cleveland's qb???

has offers from Miss St and Pitt

yo bud

ever heard of cleveland's qb???

has offers from Miss St and Pitt

yep sure have and if i'm not mistaken i think his coach has had two other QB'S. One for 3 years that threw for over 6,000 career yards and over 50 td's and another only 1 year that threw for over 3,000 yds and over 30 td's and finished his career over 6,000 yds and over 50 td's. If i'm not mistaken i think stats are what you actually do on the field of play which mean nothing in the minds of some but since he has offers from Miss St. and Pitt he must really be something !! Look at his stats in the last two or three years and let us know how he has performed on the field ? Money can buy alot !!!!

yep sure have and if i'm not mistaken i think his coach has had two other QB'S. One for 3 years that threw for over 6,000 career yards and over 50 td's and another only 1 year that threw for over 3,000 yds and over 30 td's and finished his career over 6,000 yds and over 50 td's. If i'm not mistaken i think stats are what you actually do on the field of play which mean nothing in the minds of some but since he has offers from Miss St. and Pitt he must really be something !! Look at his stats in the last two or three years and let us know how he has performed on the field ? Money can buy alot !!!!

Your right money can buy alot.....but check out this link.

http://rise.espn.go.com/Football/Videos.aspx?id=2c82d16f-7224-45f5-ad20-7367359b6eda

Voytik is currently in the Elite 11 camp at Pepperdine University in Malibu CA. The coaches rank the QB's each day of the camp and for the first 3 days he was ranked at #1. But if you are looking for something negative I think he has currently dropped to #3. Today is the last day so we shall see how he does today. But considering he is in the top 11 in the nation, I think people who know alot more about football than you and I think Voytik is doing something right.

Your right money can buy alot.....but check out this link.

http://rise.espn.go.com/Football/Videos.aspx?id=2c82d16f-7224-45f5-ad20-7367359b6eda

Voytik is currently in the Elite 11 camp at Pepperdine University in Malibu CA. The coaches rank the QB's each day of the camp and for the first 3 days he was ranked at #1. But if you are looking for something negative I think he has currently dropped to #3. Today is the last day so we shall see how he does today. But considering he is in the top 11 in the nation, I think people who know alot more about football than you and I think Voytik is doing something right.

11 in the nation is an opinion of recruiters which is based on what they think can be done on the field. The stats show what is actually done on the field. I do know if you look at his #'s vs. the other two QB'S that was coached by the same guy he is way behind. Hope he does well we will see.

11 in the nation is an opinion of recruiters which is based on what they think can be done on the field. The stats show what is actually done on the field. I do know if you look at his #'s vs. the other two QB'S that was coached by the same guy he is way behind. Hope he does well we will see.

I am not saying he is the best. It just seemed like you were implying that the only reason he is where he is was because his family is a little more wealth than most. He does work hard to try to be the best. As far as the other 2 QB's that were coached by Slaughter(I assume this is who you are talking about), I was only about to see Parrot from Soddy. He was a very good QB and on top of that he was a character player.

It's the Elite 11 camp but the top 24 QB prospects are there and at the end they will rank the top 11. As was mentioned before through the first part of the camp Voytik was ranked #1 which is extremely impressive. I hope he can finish up in the top 11 as it would be nice to see a player from this area get the kind of recognition that will come from this.

I will say your theory about what a QB does on the field at this level is very flawed. In high school the coach takes the best of what they have to work with and sticks then on the field. So a great receiver can make an average QB look good and a bad receiver can make a great QB look average. This is why combines and camps like this are so important to recruiters, they level the playing field.

So your assertion that Voytik is way behind was formed on a bad theory.

Oh, and the only opinion that matters is the recruiters because it's their opinion that will determine who offers scholarships. Like it or not its fact. :roflolk:

How many 5'10 QB's you ever seen in the SEC or Big East??? Yeah, money can get you in camps,, the only reason Slaughter was hired was because his offense would showcase Voytik..... Who was the All district QB in Cleveland's District last year?...Bryce Copeland.

Sounds like someone is a little bitter!? ^_^ Chad is 6' not 5'10....and no one is saying that he is the best, just that he is good! And yes Bryce Copeland is very good as well! I actually love watching him throw the ball(just not against us). You keep making all these comments about money......if your son had great potential as an athlete, would you send him to every possible camp that you could?? As a parent who wants to see their kid succeed, I think you would. Do you think it is wrong that they send him to camps? Isn't that how athletes get better....practice? trying to get as much knowledge as possible?

How many 5'10 QB's you ever seen in the SEC or Big East??? Yeah, money can get you in camps,, the only reason Slaughter was hired was because his offense would showcase Voytik..... Who was the All district QB in Cleveland's District last year?...Bryce Copeland.

Well they have him listed at 6'0" and I will believe the guys at the Elite 11 camp. There are plenty of SEC and Big East QB's that have been 6'. You can get on here and say what you want about any other QB but the fact is Voytik has gotten national notoriety and it isn't because his parents have money.

Here is a quote from the ESPN website covering the camp. "Ranked No. 1 on the first leaderboard was Chad Voytik of Cleveland (Cleveland, Tenn.), an athletic 6-footer who is still uncommitted to a college. One of the most level-headed quarterbacks at Elite 11, Voytik is mechanically efficient and has excelled by showing good touch on his passes"

I'm sure if he was the QB for your school you would be singing his praises. But instead you chose to look stupid by coming on here and doubting his ability. When you become a highly paid recruiter or coach then what you say might mean something. Until then I will listen to the people covering the camp. This isn't just another camp and if you don't believe that just look and see some of the QB's that have gone through it before.

Oh, if I remember correctly didn't Voytik suffer a broken finger on his throwing hand against Red Bank that required surgery last year. I think the initial reports said he would miss the rest of the season and two weeks later he was back on the field playing. Now that's a gamer!!!

Keep coming on here with your jealousy and you will continue to look like an idiot.