Blackman 2011

OK. Independance has a very good defense. They did a good job on Mathers and made him earn every yard. He broke 1 long run for a TD and had a few other nice runs but was held in check for the most part but still ended up with 232 yards. Strickland had a terrible game throwing 3 interceptions. Blackman's defense looked really good early but was struggling late in the game. Blackman barely held onto this win. Indy was on the Blackman 14 with about 2 minutes to go and our defense held them on downs. Mathers then broke about a 20 or 30 yard run to seal the deal. I do think Indy is better than people give them credit for being. With their defense being good they will be in almost every game.

The thing that disappoints me the most is that Indy had the momentum at the end of the game. We did not put the game away in the 4th quarter. A win is a win. It was very important to win this game but Blackman better grow up in a hurry. I noticed Blackman is playing a lot of Sophomores and Juniors on defense and maybe that is why Indy looked stronger at the end of the game. Saw a lot of cramping up tonight by Blackman. Strickland has to play better at QB. His arm looked weak tonight. He could not throw the ball down the field deep enough. Players that stood out tonight to me besides Mathers were #23 Antonio Allen, #9 Quinton Hancock (needs to play more in my opinion), #1 Jalen Smith,

Go Blaze!!!

Great job BATW, very accurate description. My first question was is did we win? WOW, at times we stunk! Flat out got out played for a large percentage of the game. Good news is we made enough plays to win. Thank God for some running back that refused to go down on probably the biggest play of the night and a great play by some kid wearing #52. Bottom line we gotta get a lot better. We had seniors playing like freshmen and sophomores playing like seniors. Time will tell and the clock is running!

We Are Blackman! .... did we win?

P.S. I would like to add congrats to Indy, they showed a lot of cojones, had ole mo and almost stole one. They will win their share and I wish them nothing but the best.

Edited by mykidsdad

I was at the game tonight and must say I was disappointed. I went expecting to see Blackman run away with this one. Hats off to Indy for a hard fought game. They kept Mathers in check the entire night except for one play. They were one missed tackle away from upsetting Blackman. Blackman had a rude awakening tonight. I hope they get it all straightened out before regional play begins.

That being said, congrats on the win guys! :thumb:

It was a good game tonight typical mistakes for first game of the season. Blackman did not look very impressive at all and deffinitly no where near preseason #36 in the nation. Thought indy D did a great job keepin itavius in check. Blackmans way to one dimensional and has absolutly no quarterback play. Indy had all the blackman fans shocked and stunned late in the 4th quarter when they were gettin ready to win the game down inside the 20 with all the momentum. But fell short of the W.

Positive side for indy is they wont see another player the rest of the year anywhere close to the ability of the I-train. But must be killin them knowin they could pulled off the upset that woulda put them on the map.