9AA

flip

Wow, let's see, you got me there. Let's see if I can "hit" you with some knowledge. First, perhaps you can tell all of us who don't know what we are talking about why he went to Whites Creek? You must have some inside info on that or you wouldn't sound like you know so much (you must go to Goodpasture). Second, never said he wasn't good enough just said he might not fit into their rotation- they played alot of young guys last year and the coach might see that playing him as hurting the development of the future players. Third, he has been hurt for almost a year- could have lost a step or two (don't know about the injury recovery). Fourth, he always held onto the ball too long- didn't give it up fast enough so he missed players who where open. Fifth, he is not a particularly good shooter- likes to post up too much for a guard and relied on driving too much. Lastly, They are stocked at the guard position and so he may not have wanted to share time at all- so he decided not too but going somewhere he could play all the time.

I simply made an observation- just opinion but everyone has one.

By the way, you really showed your "depth of knowledge" last year with your predictions of the league and it's players. By the way, you said he started since he was a freshman for Goodpasture, would that be the same Goodpasture program that has won about 20 games over the last 3 years or is that a different Goodpasture? Just checking cause I could be mistaken. They have not won a whole lot and the schedule that they play isn't that great over the last 3 years. Enough knowledge for ya?

Well, i just say that i know Mr. McClain pretty well. They played a lot of young guys last for that reason.. injuries and kids failing class. (Plus they were just not very good anyway). He played AAU with the Tn Tigers and did pretty well to my understanding and saw him in team camps and he was ok. On ur fourth and fifth reason though i will agree. He does not look to the open man (Tries to be to flashy) and is not a very good shooter outside of 15ft. I believe he has not liked goodpasture since he enrolled there and wanted to play somewhere else. (Just my opinion)

Well, i just say that i know Mr. McClain pretty well. They played a lot of young guys last for that reason.. injuries and kids failing class. (Plus they were just not very good anyway). He played AAU with the Tn Tigers and did pretty well to my understanding and saw him in team camps and he was ok. On ur fourth and fifth reason though i will agree. He does not look to the open man (Tries to be to flashy) and is not a very good shooter outside of 15ft. I believe he has not liked goodpasture since he enrolled there and wanted to play somewhere else. (Just my opinion)

Well, I saw their team play several times last year and I know they had some injuries but didn't know they had some grade problems. The Tn Tigers are ok, met some of their kids in an aau tourny last year. Buddy of mine coaches with the Nashville Celtics so I see alot of aau teams.

Edited by captnoname

Well, I saw their team play several times last year and I know they had some injuries but didn't know they had some grade problems. The Tn Tigers are ok, met some of their kids in an aau tourny last year. Buddy of mine coaches with the Nashville Celtics so I see alot of aau teams.

Yeah unfortunately they had two players not including mcclain with grade issues that would have gotten to play.

White House IS going to surprise some folks this year! Everyone is counting us out. True, we lost a lot of talent with the graduation of Ward, Hill, and Tidwell, but we're coming back with some very good and much improved players. Dylan Dorris (Sr.) will be a well known name before the end of the season as well Ryan Sizemore (Soph.). You will see us being alot more low post oriented than we were last year. Dorris is dunking very easily and has really worked on his shot this off season. Crouch and Layman (Srs.) wil be very dependable as well. Honestly, our one weak area will be at PG, with the loss of Steven Elrod to a torn ACL. Taylor Thompson or Alex Lyon will have to pick up their games and become floor generals. We will start off slow in the season until we get three footballers back and in the b-ball groove. I'm not saying it will be easy and that we'll just roll over everyone in 9AA, but in the end, I think you'll see us playing for the championship. BDP

Alright since i was very accurate with mi picks last year, ill go ahead and tell ya how it gon be for the region.

9AA 10AA

1. Macon Co. 1. CPA (shocker)

2. Goodpasture 2. Maplewood

3. Sycamore 3. Whites Creek

4. White House 4. East Lit

5. Greenbrier 5. MLK

6. Westmoreland 6. David Lipscomb

7. Hume-Fogg

8. Pearl Cohn

9. Stratford

Sorry about that last post for those who could have trouble understanding or not real familiar with these teams. better effort.

9AA

1 Macon County (Grace, Mcpherson, and Manning)

2 Goodpasture (No interior play; best guards in the district bar none)

3 Sycamore (Lost the coach but still has Gentry, Dick, and supposedly has a very solid freshman)

4 White House (Biggest team in the district, but size doesn't mean anything. Lacking guards)

5 Greenbrier (will finish 5th, just because Westmoreland is in the district)

6 Westmoreland (Lost everything they had, should be a rebuilding year. yet they surprise me every year)

10AA

1 CPA (Shocker) (With Bradshaw and the dream class of Sophomores that Maddux has, i dont c them gettin tested)

2 Maplewood (Lost a lot but its Maplewood, that got true ATHLETES, behind kenny and stone they should be fine)

3 Whites Creek (With the transfers and the size they already got they should be good)

4 East Lit ( not the same team as last year of course but with willingham drake and nightengale, they be aite)

5 MLK (If Doc Shelton is the coach, no matter what happens they have a chance to win)

6 David Lipscomb (Well coached of course, but not much interior play that i know of)

7 Pearl-Cohn (Always could have something good but not the same since Slay)

8 Hume-Fogg (Will play hard but just doesnt have the fire power to match up)

9 Stratford (Winless last year in the district; dont c anything different this year. Major struggles rite now)

These are mi predictions would love debate and/or discuss. Also would like to see some more predictions.

Your 9AA predictions look ok papadoc, but i have a weird feeling tha Brier is going to sneak into regions this year... Sounds crazy i know but for some reason i'm feeling it could happen :roflol:

I don't know survivor,they were awful last year. You think they will have improved that much? You and I saw how bad it could get for them in their district and region. I wish them the best but I think they are one notch above Westmoreland this year- same as last year.

Edited by captnoname

I don't know survivor,they were awful last year. You think they will have improved that much? You and I saw how bad it could get for them in their district and region. I wish them the best but I think they are one notch above Westmoreland this year- same as last year.

Greenbrier could sneak into regions only to go to CPA... and you know wat will happen then.... Captnoname Your wrong again; Greenbrier went 0-11 last year in the districts (including tourney). So they were below Westmoreland not above. :lol: KNOWLEDGE HUH?

Greenbrier could sneak into regions only to go to CPA... and you know wat will happen then.... Captnoname Your wrong again; Greenbrier went 0-11 last year in the districts (including tourney). So they were below Westmoreland not above. :lol: KNOWLEDGE HUH?

Forgive me, I did say they would be a notch above them this year. They were not a notch above last year- you are correct, as the 0-11 district schedule proves. What will happen if Greenbrier goes to CPA for region? Do tell, might you be from Greenbrier? OR perhaps you used to be at Greenbrier and are now at Goodpasture? Hmm, I wonder?

Don't start talking the knowledge game again- I pretty much destroyed your argument last time when I dropped the knowledge in an earlier post.

Goodpasture has the best guards in the district? Really, just who would that be? You mean their guards are better than Macon Co's guards? McPherson is a shooter and manning is a solid point! Goodpasture has who to counter them? Rhoton is the only addition to their lineup and he isn't that good! He had no left hand as a soph and I would say playing JV last year didn't improve it. He is slow and doesn't guard very well and is a spot shooter. Goodpasture's guards are still young- mostly sophs and I will take the sr's of Macon Co anyday.(besides are they going to win playing zone?)

Edited by captnoname

My preseason picks.

1. CPA - pretty easy choice

2. Maplewood - Size and talent

3. East Lit - good guards can control the ball

4. Pearl - biggest mover in the district. Best freshmen in town and transfers too.

5. Whites Creek - better than the rest but they lost a lot they should have gone farther last year. Transfersbwill help.

6. Lipscomb bringing back that Meyer mentality don't have the players just yet.

7. MLK - have a chance to Beat 2-6 any given night.

8. Stratford - a little better than last year. New blood on the bench

9. Hume-Fogg - bad